HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2006, 05:39 PM   #451

BTW... on the Cityflyer airport bus... There is a 50% discount on the way back... However the system do not work like Singapore. It will not automatically detect that it is return trip. There is a button that mentioned 50% return trip. Press tat before tapping ur optopus card... as for me, I notice the button after i tap the card... lugi HKD20.... anyway no choice liao...
Hmm, nt sure about this?
The last time i send someone off to the airport i used the service and the half price was automatic. However that was same day return, using standard octupus card.

Uh oh, i think i need a visit to lantau soon, din know buses roam the hills nowdays.
CharmanderWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 08:18 PM   #452
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hmm, nt sure about this?
The last time i send someone off to the airport i used the service and the half price was automatic. However that was same day return, using standard octupus card.

Uh oh, i think i need a visit to lantau soon, din know buses roam the hills nowdays.

The Octupus system is really good. 50% discount only apply if your return trip is on the same day. Good for those who go airport to receive a friend.
The system will track your time when you board the bus.

I think same apply to Airport express. Return trip is free is it is on the same day.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 08:22 PM   #453
Arch-Supremacy Member

charmander, u really know a lot guess you are from there?

anyway, think need to buy the octopus card from the airport. cos the damn money changer gave me all 1000 notes. need to get smaller notes else those stalls will use the uv light and check my 1k notes for authenticity again. haha

If you have a credit card. Use your credit card to buy.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:05 AM   #454

The Octupus system is really good. 50% discount only apply if your return trip is on the same day. Good for those who go airport to receive a friend.
The system will track your time when you board the bus.

I think same apply to Airport express. Return trip is free is it is on the same day.
oic... i though me lugi liao... somemore the LED display on the bus keep flashing "50% discount on return trip"...
khee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:17 AM   #455
Arch-Supremacy Member

oic... i though me lugi liao... somemore the LED display on the bus keep flashing "50% discount on return trip"...

Also for those use Octupus card. Watch out for some of those terminal (looks like small ATM) is some shooping center. Tap on it and if you leave with MTR nearby, you get HK$1 discount on your trip.

For those who do not intend to use Octupus card or Tourist ticket on Airport Express. Get those 2 to go (or 3 , 4 to go). Ticket. You save HK$20 for each person.

Last edited by cscs3; 07-07-2006 at 11:23 AM..
Old 07-07-2006, 12:47 PM   #456

Smile

Hi Guys, I'm planning to go HK this oct 06 with my gf and it's our 1st time to HK. I'm still blur after reading up this thread.

any kind soul can pm information or itenarary on 5d/4n F&E?

ralph555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:16 PM   #457

I just booked my F&E tour to HKG for end of July for S$531 for 4d3n. I think is quite cheap, as initially wanted to booked jetstar asia, but promo is over and after calculated the whole cost on my d.i.y w/o any promo will cost me ard 500+ also or slightly cheaper than the one i booked. My tour package include : Cathay pacific/airport transfer/one day city tour(need tip tour guide HKG 50)/YMCA international house(in front of Yau Mei MTR). I not sure whether the promo is over, but if u guys is interested can go people park to whacky whacky about the promo before decide.

Right now, what i need is more exciting places for the planning of iternary. Like what restaurant or place nice to eat. where best to shop( dun wan to be karate by those ppl/good quality/cheap) heehee.. seemed alot of conditions.. If u guys/gers know of any such places, recommend me.. Thks...
Old 07-07-2006, 10:27 PM   #458
Master Member

Hi xiaolaohu,

is the S$531 including tax?

at which agent did you book your tour?
hoonming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:21 AM   #459
Supremacy Member

hi guys who have been to dragoninnhk, how they accept payment? cash only or can use cards too?
Cold_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:17 PM   #460

hi guys who have been to dragoninnhk, how they accept payment? cash only or can use cards too?
you need to pay 1 day deposit through card.Just email them your length of stay and they will reply you back with amount and payment link.
zaxh81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:48 PM   #461
Supremacy Member

you need to pay 1 day deposit through card.Just email them your length of stay and they will reply you back with amount and payment link.
sorry. i mean when i am over there.
Cold_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:14 PM   #462

Hi Guys, I'm planning to go HK this oct 06 with my gf and it's our 1st time to HK. I'm still blur after reading up this thread.

frd... the fun of Free and easy is to plan urself... if u want other ppl to plan for u, might as well go for package tour.. got to discoverhongkong.com, they will give u an estimated itenerity...
khee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:20 AM   #463

sorry. i mean when i am over there.
Not sure about dragoninn, for dragonhostel is full cash payment only.
Guess it's about the same for all.
zaxh81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 01:57 AM   #464
Supremacy Member

u stayed in dragon hostel before?
how was the room?
is it really like the pics?

http://www.dragonhostel.com/
hubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:12 AM   #465

Basically, it depends very much on what type of FnE trip and experience u want to have in HK, many ppl goes there mainly for food and shopping, but there are some who wants the scenic and traditional side of HK, and of course some who want a mix.
So make a decision, shopping trips mainly goes around shopping centers, factory outlets, warehouses for clothes handbags sport stuff etc etc, scenic areas will be for thouse ppl who dun buy much stuff, and covers lantau, southern side of Hk, lamma islands and other islands, while most hk travellers will visit Victoria peak, ocean park/disney and some popular spots such as LKF and mongkok area.

Hope u get a "basic" idea of what to do there, =)
CharmanderWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.