Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2006, 10:27 AM   #481
Master Member

Upz ..........
hoonming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2006, 02:05 PM   #482
Supremacy Member

Bus A21 to Kowloon (mongkok/TST). if i'm not wrong..it's HKG30 per trip. you can take MTR too..but more expensive.
it's HKD33. on return you can take A22 but it's HKD39

taking airport airport express is not worth it 'cos u have to change trains a few times and the journey is quite long. Bus better.
meatball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2006, 02:07 PM   #483
Supremacy Member

hi wonder if anyone can help me on this, going to hk this coming thurs
is there any free shuttle service from the airport to either majestic hotel or prudential hotel???

many thanks in advance!!!
there's no free shuttle service to both the hotels. if you want, you have to book airport transfer from the hotel itself or some website whichi is on average is HKD100.

or like others u can take A21 but you have to walk to your hotel. it doesn't stop right at the doorstep.
Old 22-07-2006, 02:10 PM   #484
Supremacy Member

Hi Guys, I'm planning to go HK this oct 06 with my gf and it's our 1st time to HK. I'm still blur after reading up this thread.
any kind soul can pm information or itenarary on 5d/4n F&E?

i went for 5d4n too but it my main purpose was to shop since it was their summer sale. cheap stuff. a pity you're going in oct.

the peak and the avenue of stars were both a letdown. it was raining so the weather was foggy.. couldn't raelly see the outline of the buildings. but then again... i wasn't really interested in that. machiam singapore's CBD area.

my friends and i went to madame tussauds though. nothing much to see but lots of cam whoring! what do u expect from girls?

if your GF waants to shop, i suggest going to shenzhen. their stuff are much cheaper than HK's.

Last edited by meatball; 22-07-2006 at 02:14 PM..
Old 23-07-2006, 05:04 AM   #485

it's HKD33. on return you can take A22 but it's HKD39

taking airport airport express is not worth it 'cos u have to change trains a few times and the journey is quite long. Bus better.
Not only that U have to change trains, U would have to walk a distance towards the other train platform. =X

I took the city bus when i went HK 2 weeks ago. The bus does special allocation in the front for luggage placement. So no worries on how are u gonna put ur luggage. But do pay attention to ur luggage, since its not placed right beside u.

Got a lil lost when Im first on the bus, towards the Hotel. Didnt ask for directions, and ended myself up at Hung Hom Bus station. But the driver was super nice, to get another departing driver to send me to the bus stop that I should alight. What I would suggest to u is, tell the driver that U r new in Hong kong and need some directions help. Tell him ur hotel name + location. He will gladly remind u to drop off! N no worries if U arent good in Cantonese. They can understand chinese, and english. DO bring along ur hotel's location map, as well as the hotel address in both chinese and english. It do help at times!

I took the bus back to airport also. It stops right at the departure hall. We originally wanted to try out the Airport Express Line (since we took bus TO the hotel already), but it was especially difficult fr us to walk towards the MTR station at Mongkok when we are carrying all our luggages. With all that stairs. It kills. Hence we decided to take the bus. At least we dont nid to carry our luggages up n down the stairs, and also to do changing of train platforms. If u r at Mongkok area, U r supposed to change at the central line, then walk a distance to the Airport Express Line platform. Quite a hassle, as we are carrying luggages.

FYI, my luggage went from 10.9kilos (when i went) to 27 kilos, and an additional 7 kilo hand carry luggage. + another small 紅白藍 bag containing all 老婆餅. Crazy shopping!
jestin_ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 05:13 AM   #486

if your GF waants to shop, i suggest going to shenzhen. their stuff are much cheaper than HK's.
Do visit the Yip Fat Factory Building at Kwun Tong. Its at Kwun Tong MTR Station. U will be able to find APM shopping mall there too. (Among the number of Trendyland i saw in Hong kong, the APM branch sells more variety on disney stuffs. Their staffs are very enthusiatic too. ).

Anyway for the Yip Fat Factory Building, if my memory doesnt fails me, it shld be from exit d ba. U might want to do a check on this with the station master.

Holly! This building is full of factory outlets! Nike, adidas just to name a few. There are also those brand-less stores. Cheap tees, shoes, jackets, & sorts! 14 level high. Old lifts with ah peh inside controlling! Haha. Quite an advanture. Visit this place before U go shopping at Ladies Market ba!! I guess it does carry stuffs from Ladies Market, and AT a cheaper price. I saw a shop selling canvas shoes at HKD 30 bucks!! And many others. AND, if u dont mind off-season brand clothes, do visit Nike, and adidas outlet. I bot an adidas jacket at HKD 135! Amazed by the price tho. Hehehe

Address as follows ::
Phase II, Yip Fat Factory Building, 73-75 Hoi Yuen Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
九龍觀塘開源道73-75號業發工業大廈2期
Old 23-07-2006, 10:16 AM   #487

i went for 5d4n too but it my main purpose was to shop since it was their summer sale. cheap stuff. a pity you're going in oct.

the peak and the avenue of stars were both a letdown. it was raining so the weather was foggy.. couldn't raelly see the outline of the buildings. but then again... i wasn't really interested in that. machiam singapore's CBD area.

my friends and i went to madame tussauds though. nothing much to see but lots of cam whoring! what do u expect from girls?

Hi meatball!

How do we go to Shenzhen from HK? By train?
we will be goin on our last day of our hk trip.
Thanks!
meimei26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 06:27 PM   #488
Arch-Supremacy Member

In fact, if you are going to get summer staff. SEP/OCT is a good time to get cheap one.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2006, 08:30 PM   #489
Arch-Supremacy Member

Do visit the Yip Fat Factory Building at Kwun Tong. Its at Kwun Tong MTR Station. U will be able to find APM shopping mall there too. (Among the number of Trendyland i saw in Hong kong, the APM branch sells more variety on disney stuffs. Their staffs are very enthusiatic too. ).

Anyway for the Yip Fat Factory Building, if my memory doesnt fails me, it shld be from exit d ba. U might want to do a check on this with the station master.

Holly! This building is full of factory outlets! Nike, adidas just to name a few. There are also those brand-less stores. Cheap tees, shoes, jackets, & sorts! 14 level high. Old lifts with ah peh inside controlling! Haha. Quite an advanture. Visit this place before U go shopping at Ladies Market ba!! I guess it does carry stuffs from Ladies Market, and AT a cheaper price. I saw a shop selling canvas shoes at HKD 30 bucks!! And many others. AND, if u dont mind off-season brand clothes, do visit Nike, and adidas outlet. I bot an adidas jacket at HKD 135! Amazed by the price tho. Hehehe

Address as follows ::
Phase II, Yip Fat Factory Building, 73-75 Hoi Yuen Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
九龍觀塘開源道73-75號業發工業大廈2期
yes the building is the main attraction for my trip
just take the lift to the top floor and slowly shop your way down to the bottom floor
noelnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2006, 02:01 AM   #490

yes the building is the main attraction for my trip
just take the lift to the top floor and slowly shop your way down to the bottom floor
Yup! I did that. Advanture! Haha. The stairs are rather ghostly? Hahaha. Okay I imagine a hell lot. =X.
Old 24-07-2006, 06:32 PM   #491
Master Member

anyone can gif a list of airlines flying to HK?

doing some research for my dec holiday..
Old 24-07-2006, 07:45 PM   #492
Supremacy Member

In fact, if you are going to get summer staff. SEP/OCT is a good time to get cheap one.
u go during that time, no sizes left liao.
Old 24-07-2006, 11:45 PM   #493

anyone can gif a list of airlines flying to HK?

doing some research for my dec holiday..
Flights into HKG from SIN includes but not limited to:

Singapore Airlines,
Cathay Pacific,
JetStar Asia,
China Airlines,
United Airlines.

This are the major airlines which ply the route from SIN to HKG.
CharmanderWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2006, 10:15 AM   #494

Hmnn this is a good sharing thread on Hong Kong. Seemed like I can't help but feel the need to contribute.

Went there last dec, flew by United Airline and stayed at Stanford at Mongkok (it's my 3rd trip) Not a spectacular hotel but the staff quite friendly BUT the best part is it's near Ladies Market and there's a cinema nearby. Food wise not a problem at all. The shops open till late at night or shall I say morning?

Hotel wise, stayed at Grand Central (1999), right below is Mongkok MTR but it closed down leow..... then my 2nd trip in 2001, stayed in Eaton. The rooms are very small, and it's near to Temple Street but it's kinda in between Yau Ma Tei and Jordan MTR...

Planning for a dec trip .... most probably will go back to Stanford, unless some hotels in Tsim Sha Tsui have better 'rates'.....

Anyway here's a website if you're interested to find out how the hotel rooms looked like...good reference:

http://www.kktravel.com/hk_hotel_summary/

Cheers.....
Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
NottingHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2006, 02:18 PM   #495

Urm. How much did u pay for Stanford Mongkok?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.