HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2006, 09:19 AM   #541
Supremacy Member

go to Adidas & Nike Factory outlet in Tung Chung dunnoe whats the nam of the shopping ctr is level 1
and there is this shop call marathon in TST area as well as in some shopping ctrs also went to Dr Martens in New World Centre near Avenue of stars all beri cheap

Last edited by hubster; 11-08-2006 at 09:23 AM..
hubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:45 PM   #542

Anyone know where to buy mobile phones and get a good hair cut in Hong Kong?

Any recomen
Seagate SATA2 250gb x 2 RAID 0[/SIZE]
hplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:51 PM   #543
Supremacy Member

wah haircut can go anywhere along Mongkok or Causeway bay shophouses its quite decent price too btw there is this shopping ctr in Tsuen Wan that sells cheap phones aka sui huo price is too good to be true anyway i bought a SE K610i red at $1500 HKD only and its working fine for a week le seems alright leh lol
hubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:01 PM   #544
High Supremacy Member

Anyone know where to buy mobile phones and get a good hair cut in Hong Kong?

Any recomen
I had my hair cut at a saloon at North Point.. cut with perm cost around sgd$100

But they are very good! Perpared me for my disneyland trip the following day for tons of peekture taking
nicholaslee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:29 PM   #545

thinking for buying phone there and cut my hair there...

For food lovers who are going to HK you may want to try this listed below

http://jade.tvb.com/food/unforgettable_taste/01.html?6

無滲漏魚翅灌湯餃
灌湯餃湯料本應被包在餃內,但因為餃皮太薄容易穿破,故現時大多採用上湯浸的方式。北角鳳城酒家的魚翅灌湯餃的確夠正宗,湯料完全被包在餃皮內,一滴都無滲漏。但想深一層,水份是如何被包在餃內的?!
北角鳳城酒家
地址:北角渣華道62-68號
電話:2578 4898

手工做新鮮蛋卷
一條優質蛋卷,除了夠鬆化、夠脆身之外,更加應該要有濃郁蛋香。手工做的蛋卷關鍵在於秘方與技巧,入口絕非機器製、大量生產的蛋卷可比。
垣記雞蛋卷
地址:土瓜灣木廠街38號金運閣地下G舖電話:9127 6040
Seagate SATA2 250gb x 2 RAID 0[/SIZE]

Last edited by hplanet; 12-08-2006 at 09:59 PM..
hplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 04:37 AM   #546

my hotel Stay in hk

Been to hk 3 times and stayed in the following hotels:
please bear with my spelling. my "england not powderful"

Taking mongkok Mrt as the centre as that is where i usually take my bearing and strart shopping from.

YMCA (near you ma di mrt)
Good location as its just beside mrt) u need to walk 5-10 min to mongkok mrt though but its quite ok. The room is clean and cosy. a bit small but still ok. bathroom got bathtub.
Not much or view but u are not going to be in the hotel all day anyway (unless typhon... then bo bianz)
Thight security they check people going in and out after midnight so its safe.

Stanford hotel (mongkok)
very good location. its 5-8 min walk to monkok mrt. The hotel is a bit old but the rooms are cosy and clean. not much to complain. Bathroom is small has bathtub. very comfy bed can sleep easily ... may be also because to tired after all the walking and shopping lol... can give this hotel a try if you are first time to hk and on budget.

Dosett olympic
This is a small "boutique" newly open last year. the hotel is small but the lobby is nicely done.
The rooms are smallest of the 3 but its actually the nicest. has lcd tv on the wall i think 24 inch ..
no bathtub in toilet. but has very nice glass bowl basin...toilet is really quite small ...
all is new and clean. Good point i guess is its new and will look better if u on budget and bringing girlfriend/wife. but be prepared to spend on cab ....
Location is quite far from mongkok. need to walk 15 min if you are not lost...
in the end we took cab all the time from hotel to mongkok and back. its quite cheap as the meter will not jump if you are travelling from mongkok area to the hotel. roughly sg$4.

Lagham place:
no need to travel its above mongkok mrt !! relatively new hotel.
5 star hotel . Plasma tv , free rental of movies ( like u will have energy to watch...)
has bathtub.
Swimming pool. very nice room and service. if you have extra budget or out to impress then this is the hotel to go! not super ex but location is one of the best.

Basically a norm 4D3N F&E you can try get earliest flight to hk.

day 1:
buy octopus card at airport (must)
If you are early can go for the famous hightea at "ban dao jiu dian"
or
After check-in explore around try some street food, xu liu san
and the around 5pm go walk lady street ---> temple street night market.
dinner : can try the famous claypot shop near temple street ( go easy on the sauce dnt put too much. things to try is their clay pot rice (doh), oyster pan cake, "lai liu" prawn in salt n pepper.
or they the local "zhe char" at the "dai pai dong" also in temple street area.
*note that the tea they gave you when you sit down is to wash chopstick and spoon so dnt drink k

After dinner can still continue your night market walk
do stop by for dessert. there is this milk pudding store with a cow logo. they serve very nice dessert "dun nai" and "zhu pa bao".
or
travel down to victoria hourbour see the star walk way and the famous seaview of hk.
travel back to hotel and can buy porriage or some snacks for supper.
I like the microwaveable pork rib rice at their 7-11 for supper ! why singapore never have such things??...

day 2
Wake up round 8-9am plus and go dimsum! can try " hao choi" restourant near the youmadi mrt. its on the 4th story if nt wrong.
a bit ex but the food is very good well worth your first dimsum in HK! nice place too.
or you can take a cab to "fisherman warth" or "yu ren ma tou" shopping mall. there is a chinese dimsum restourant there that has very nice sea view !! and they are actually cheaper too ! but personally i think the food still not as nice as "hao choi" but still better than most dimsum in sg !
then its Shopping Day! go to visit the sport shoe street at mongkok, ladies can go "xing de chen" beside the mongkok mrt or visit all the small shopping plaza there. guys can go to the computer mall at mong kok (very cramp place though).
in the afternoon you can make your way to victoria hourbour to take the famous hk ferry across the sea (can use octopus card) then take the rail train to the hongkong central for more shoping.
note*: try not to take cab to cross the sea as it will be quite ex. can take mrt as well but firstimer try ferry
recomanded area around sogo or centry square.
evening you may want to take mrt to the peak. a bit of walk to tramp station .. but should try taking it its very intresting exprience.

finish the night with languifang clubing or more nightmarket shopping back at kowloon area.

Day 3 : disney land!
wake up early ! disney open at 10am if i rember correctly. the journey to disney from mongkok is around 30 min by train.
basically this whole day you will be at disney, make use of the speed pass to avoid "q" too long. do not miss the firework display. Hk disney is the only in the world with natural moutain as backdrop.
take photo is must ! rember bring xtra battery !! my batt ran dead half way and need to buy disposible camera sigh ...
I remember they dnt allow you to bring water into the park. not sure if they have changed it .
Must do rides/ show: toy story, 3d movie (v good), lionking show, disney oscar show, space mountain, safari boat ride. mid day parade. firework at night.
if you still have energy after this you can really consider joining the commando o.O

day 4: last min shopping! buy things u had missed or tempted to get , its your last chance. buy gifts for friends and relatives. there is a very intresting market near the gold fish street. they sell very cheap t shirts n has boutique shop along the side selling ladies clothings n accessories. ladies may want to come here on the second day as the things here are cheap and nicer than lady street.

Pack up take ur transport back to airport
Remember,
refund your octopus card! there is deposit in it + unsed amt. get cash buy magazines at 7-11 airport or grab something to eat .
fly home with feeling that ypu should stay a day or two longer ... haha too bad next trip ..

This is the kind of trip i planed for my friends on their first visit to hk as you know ladies will go crazy shopping in hk so dnt deprive them of that !! diff people have different intrest but i am sure you will find something to enjoy in hk. just have to watch your card bill though guys. beware!! you can draw $ from local atm... but ther will be surcharge from the bank.

Tips : grab a guide to hk food and shopping from book shop before you go. get those that is not publised by sponcers as they will normally tell u all the most expensive place to go ... personally i find that kino has some good bookd on HK publish by taiwan worth a look of you can read chinese.
can also try those hk magazine from mrt news paper stnd . they will help you learn more of hk .

Last edited by frostburn77; 13-08-2006 at 04:58 AM..
frostburn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 01:46 PM   #547
Supremacy Member

Basically a norm 4D3N F&E you can try get earliest flight to hk.
My advice is: Avoid UNITED AIRLINES in view of the new terror alert.
lowjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 03:14 PM   #548

agreed with frostburn77. Nice review! *nods* great job~
jestin_ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 08:42 PM   #549
Great Supremacy Member

can we bring finger food and mineral water into disneyland?
Old 14-08-2006, 05:17 PM   #550

Urm..not very sure whether are there triplet rooms for the 2 listed hotel. Perhaps u can make a price check for the rooms before u decide.. .. If u dont mind the overseas calls, just call directly to the hotel to check. sometimes their rates might be better than booking with agents. btw, any budget with regards to hotel choices?

as for the bus to take to kowloon (mongkok, sham shui po, yau ma tei, jordan, tst) . its a21. It goes from Airport to Hung Hom KCR station, and vice versa. A21 is very efficient.

Btw i will say the criteria that is most important is whether mtr stations are nearby. Unless u r deciding to travel via taxi/bus on ur travel, u will be need-ing the mtr usage. As for A21, if u r worried that u do not know your way to the hotel, u can get assistance from the bus driver. Just inform the bus driver on your destination, he will alert you to drop off when its your stop.

Urm. I didnt really favour Hotel Concourse becuz it was pretty far from the night markets(temple street, ladies market), and pretty out of place. It took me some time to walk from Mongkok..(i was touring around mongkok) But my friend stayed there the previous stay, he felt it was ok. So it was up to personal preference tho.

Maybe you can take a look at YMCA Int House. (at yau ma tei). That will be a cheaper range. Nearby the yau ma tei mtr, as well as the night markets. Extra bed is at HKD 120 as listed on website. If you are interested, u can also email them for a room rate quotation. See whether what they proposed are of good offers. http://www.intlhouse.ymca.org.hk/
Hi,

Book from asiarooms, the rate seems cheaper?

I wanted to book a 3 pax tower room at YMCA . Thk is $158 sgd per day. Hmm
Clarity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 06:03 PM   #551

hi Guys !

im goin to HK in sep

n i was planning my itinerary n was thinking if i shd include
Disneyland n Shenzhen

Anyone been to these places ? can give some feedback tips ?

such as cost, how to get there, what are the highlights of these 2 places ?

Much appreciated !

my bit of contribution is that i booked my package @ Newly tours

YMCA International hotel
Cathay PAcific flight
Airport transfer
= $589 for 5D4N

This is comparison to Jetstar $342 per pax
YMCA Intl @ $116 per night for 2
So might as well fly in comfort hehe and got airport tramsfer sommore
so do check it out there
Hi,

Can I have the number of Newly tours. Your package seems cheaper than if I book online.. Thks!
Clarity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 11:34 PM   #552

can we bring finger food and mineral water into disneyland?
Of course u can!
CharmanderWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 11:38 PM   #553
Great Supremacy Member

Of course u can!
oh yhks bro!

heard the food in there are ex and not nice ...
Old 15-08-2006, 02:29 AM   #554
Supremacy Member

oh yhks bro!

heard the food in there are ex and not nice ...
Not true. The food is not fantastic but still edible. Pricewise it is affordable; I mean they are not charging USD15 for a burger. Closer to S$10 for a set meal per pax.

People who say there is no good food in Disneyland are wrong. If you want really good Chinese food, there are 2 choices - the Chinese restaurant along main street which is run by Maxim to their usual high standards (had a very good dinner for about S$150 for 4 pax; staff was even kind enough to source for Chinese birthday buns even though we did not order in advance) or the Chinese restaurant in Disneyland hotel (which a lot less convenient since you have to exit the park).
lowjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 11:38 AM   #555

super excited now!!~!~ will be going to HK next Monday...wahhahhaa...

anyone can tell me where is cafe de carol besides the one in airport? i would like to know the branch in Central.

besides, anyone know the way to star ferry terminal from LKF or SOHO? coz need to take ferry back to TST after walking around in LKF.

i think i'll just be in Central if i'm in hong kong island. Is there any thing that i can't miss out in Causeway Bay or other places in hong kong island?

Please advice..thank you very much!~!~
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.