HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2006, 03:26 PM   #676

Hmm, i think u just take those bus there, if there's no jam or whatsoever, then u should reach repluse bay in around 15 to 20mins. 260 will be slightly faster as it dosent stop at wan chai, but cost slight more. Btw, in Hong Kong, most of the people do not board buses at terminus unless it is absolutely necessary to do so or it is nearer. But anyway yes, it operates from Exchange Square ("near" Central) MTR. Or if u see a stop with this services, just look at the destination display and u might want to board from there. Cab roughly cost $40~60
Hi, The cab cost is hk$40-60? What would be the cost for bus? Since there are 3 of us, might be cheaper to take a bus

Erm... Some more questions if u dun mind

For Fa Yuen Street, Ladies Street, Temple street, typically, how long is the street? Will need to spend how much time @ each area?

Last edited by Clarity; 24-08-2006 at 03:31 PM..
Clarity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 04:10 PM   #677
Supremacy Member

For Fa Yuen Street, Ladies Street, Temple street, typically, how long is the street? Will need to spend how much time @ each area?
Clarity, I feel that you are trying too hard to squeeze everything into your trip.
Try to relax. It's good to have an itinery buy your programme seems more like a school timetable . Relax, have fun. If a place appeals to you or your friends, just stay on and drop the others. There's always next time.
lowjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2006, 04:31 PM   #678

Clarity, I feel that you are trying too hard to squeeze everything into your trip.
Try to relax. It's good to have an itinery buy your programme seems more like a school timetable . Relax, have fun. If a place appeals to you or your friends, just stay on and drop the others. There's always next time.
Haha... Ya, it's kinda squeezy >_< But duno wat to drop though. So many nice places to go. Hmm, also, 3 person going on a trip, different ppl like different things, so have to fit all in.. somehow. Haha.

Wun be back to HK so soon I guess... Still got the rest of the world to go
Old 24-08-2006, 10:24 PM   #679

Hi, The cab cost is hk$40-60? What would be the cost for bus? Since there are 3 of us, might be cheaper to take a bus

Erm... Some more questions if u dun mind

Ya it should be around $40 to $60 per way, bus cost $8.40 to $10.20 for the towards trip and $5+ for the return trip. I suggest u take a bus, and sit on the level 2 right infront of the wind screen =) exciting!

The street can be quite long if u walk the entire stretch 1km ~ 2km? around there i guess. and there are stalls on both left, right and center of the street, so u might have to walk a few times up and down if u want to cover everything.

Anyway, make sure u have time to Eat, the last time i bought some friends there we went so many places that we had so little time to eat.
CharmanderWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2006, 09:02 PM   #680

Ya it should be around $40 to $60 per way, bus cost $8.40 to $10.20 for the towards trip and $5+ for the return trip. I suggest u take a bus, and sit on the level 2 right infront of the wind screen =) exciting!

The street can be quite long if u walk the entire stretch 1km ~ 2km? around there i guess. and there are stalls on both left, right and center of the street, so u might have to walk a few times up and down if u want to cover everything.

Anyway, make sure u have time to Eat, the last time i bought some friends there we went so many places that we had so little time to eat.
Planning to spend abt 2hrs each for each Street... I thk should be ok hor?

Haha.. bus seems like a nice experience. But ah, seriously scare of missing the stop. Lolz. The worse thing that can happen, is when u get lost... haa
Old 26-08-2006, 09:56 PM   #681
Supremacy Member

lol miss the bus or bus stop its fine de just back track will do lor correct?must be adventurous mah some more with map u cant be lost de lah, worst come to worst take cab lor
hubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 12:46 AM   #682

Planning to spend abt 2hrs each for each Street... I thk should be ok hor?

Haha.. bus seems like a nice experience. But ah, seriously scare of missing the stop. Lolz. The worse thing that can happen, is when u get lost... haa
2 hours per street depends on people ba, that time i gave my buddys 4 hours for the whole area, end up walking 2 hour up and down the street buying nothing, and went langham place eat instead -.-"

Missing bus stops are quite a problem, just take a cab as and when u need to but try to refrain from doing that as cabbing issnt cheap. U can have a look of repulse bay thru google, and then u'll know when to get off the bus. Major landmarks is a super long stretch of beach, backgrounded with a building with a squarish hole.
CharmanderWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 07:38 PM   #683

2 hours per street depends on people ba, that time i gave my buddys 4 hours for the whole area, end up walking 2 hour up and down the street buying nothing, and went langham place eat instead -.-"

Missing bus stops are quite a problem, just take a cab as and when u need to but try to refrain from doing that as cabbing issnt cheap. U can have a look of repulse bay thru google, and then u'll know when to get off the bus. Major landmarks is a super long stretch of beach, backgrounded with a building with a squarish hole.
Hmm, so see the beach, should get off liao? The pics i see of repulse bay, keeps showing me the guan yin pic only... Haha >.<
Old 27-08-2006, 07:39 PM   #684

lol miss the bus or bus stop its fine de just back track will do lor correct?must be adventurous mah some more with map u cant be lost de lah, worst come to worst take cab lor
Haha, then might as well take cab in the first place? I thk the weather also very hot to be "lost" under the sun
Old 28-08-2006, 02:18 AM   #685
Great Supremacy Member

juz came back fr HK
Old 01-09-2006, 02:23 AM   #686
Great Supremacy Member

Arrow good news

昂坪纜車昨進行試搭,通車過程大致順利。若一連7日的試搭順利,纜車有望於「十一」黃金周前啟用。
Old 02-09-2006, 01:25 AM   #687
Arch-Supremacy Member

昂坪纜車昨進行試搭,通車過程大致順利。若一連7日的試搭順利,纜車有望於「十一」黃金周前啟用。
Don't think I'll be able to catch this thing up. Gonna be there by end of next week already.

:Later,
Old 02-09-2006, 06:01 PM   #688

hey, just wanna know whether of u all bought digital cams in hong kong ??? how much cheaper is it then in singapore ??? anyone knows ? thanks
SkylinelXl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:36 PM   #689
Arch-Supremacy Member

hey, just wanna know whether of u all bought digital cams in hong kong ??? how much cheaper is it then in singapore ??? anyone knows ? thanks
If you are to look @ www.ygdragon.net, you'll come into conclusion that cams & lenses are damn cheap.

I'm tempted to get a 350D Kit @ HK$4800. At 4.9HK$ per SG$, that's only $979.50. How much is this stuff selling in COMEX again?

Cheap hor?

Old 02-09-2006, 08:05 PM   #690

If you are to look @ www.ygdragon.net, you'll come into conclusion that cams & lenses are damn cheap.

I'm tempted to get a 350D Kit @ HK$4800. At 4.9HK$ per SG$, that's only $979.50. How much is this stuff selling in COMEX again?

Cheap hor?

whao, eh but i went to the webby, couldn't find sony t-10, and i think dcfever.com doesn't have it :|, and my chinese isn't that good, don't mind helping me check how much is a sony t-10 and where to buy it ??? thanks ~~
SkylinelXl is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.