Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2006, 08:32 PM   #736
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thumbs up

taxi to which hotel? anything not mroe then HK$300+

HK disney try to go the early morning and take the MTR only way. advoid mainland tourist at all cost and they are quite bad in manners....

firework in macau issit?
i have 90% discount for taxi anyboye want it?
If 2 adults or more, better to take a taxi from HKIA to the hotel.
Save the hassle of lugging the luggage when changing from Airport Express to the shuttle. For 2 adults + 1 child = HK$250 difference of only HK$30 or so. It's much faster as well.

HK Disney and Ocean Park would be fine on weekdays as it's the school term now. Most of the visitors are from China though. Went there last Monday/Tuesday with my family..virtually little or no queues for most of the rides.
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:57 PM   #737
High Supremacy Member

Enjoy your trip dolphingalgal =), stay safe.

Octopus cards:
refundable $50 deposit ($7 admin charge for refund made less than 3 mth from purchase)
minimum $100 stored value

Tourist octupus:
1 or 2 airport express rides ($220 for 1, $300 for 2)
3 days complementary MTR rides from first MTR trip
$20 stored value
refundable $50 deposit

Suggestion:
Get Tourist octupus if airport express is more convient to your hotel, if prefer Airport bus(doubledeck coaches) which is cheaper then go for normal octupus.

Hope it answers your qn.
hmmm look like Tourist octupus is more worth for $$.. 3 days complementary MTR rides from first MTR trip
harky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:32 AM   #738

If 2 adults or more, better to take a taxi from HKIA to the hotel.
Save the hassle of lugging the luggage when changing from Airport Express to the shuttle. For 2 adults + 1 child = HK$250 difference of only HK$30 or so. It's much faster as well.

HK Disney and Ocean Park would be fine on weekdays as it's the school term now. Most of the visitors are from China though. Went there last Monday/Tuesday with my family..virtually little or no queues for most of the rides.
Depends on where u maybe going to, if u taxi all the way to hotel in HK island, thats going to cost you more than $300. And, if Cityflyer - Airport express coach stops right infront of your hotel, board it! Fast and convient, cheap compared to taxi also and it takes the same route as your taxi uses.

Speed wise it may not be true that cab is faster, trains has a rated "23mins to city"
Depends on where u are going
CharmanderWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:41 AM   #739

hplanet, note that all Airport Express trains does not stop at Sunny Bay, thus it's not possible to board the airport express from Disney itself.

i know that and i had stayed in the HK for 1 month and will be back every month back then....

Airport to Disney i believe got disney shuttle or city bus can take you to sunny bay. best way is to go tung chung MTR then to Disney MTR
Seagate SATA2 250gb x 2 RAID 0[/SIZE]
hplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:44 AM   #740

today i tried to go yuen long, hk wetland park and tian water wei and go to tian sui wei nearby viglage for great SUPER FRESH seafood....

swee swee man, i will never eat any more fish in singapore liao....
Old 11-09-2006, 07:28 AM   #741
Arch-Supremacy Member

Depends on where u maybe going to, if u taxi all the way to hotel in HK island, thats going to cost you more than $300. And, if Cityflyer - Airport express coach stops right infront of your hotel, board it! Fast and convient, cheap compared to taxi also and it takes the same route as your taxi uses.

Speed wise it may not be true that cab is faster, trains has a rated "23mins to city"
Depends on where u are going
You have to factor in the waiting time for the Cityflyer coach. When coming here it was close to 20 minutes and the trip itself took an hour.

For Airport express, there's the waiting time, frequency is every 12 mins plus transfer.

Also like I mention there isn't any need to manage the heavy luggage around.

If baggage is light than another cheaper though slow would be to take the Citybus. There's luggage racks at the front of the bus. There's CCTV showing the luggage racks on the upper deck. Takes over a hour from HKIA to Hung Hom but hey it's cheap only HK$33 for an adult.

I just wanted to say there's more than the Airport Express getting to/from HKIA and that taxis can be a good value!
Old 11-09-2006, 09:42 AM   #742
Arch-Supremacy Member

You have to factor in the waiting time for the Cityflyer coach. When coming here it was close to 20 minutes and the trip itself took an hour.

For Airport express, there's the waiting time, frequency is every 12 mins plus transfer.

Also like I mention there isn't any need to manage the heavy luggage around.

If baggage is light than another cheaper though slow would be to take the Citybus. There's luggage racks at the front of the bus. There's CCTV showing the luggage racks on the upper deck. Takes over a hour from HKIA to Hung Hom but hey it's cheap only HK$33 for an adult.

I just wanted to say there's more than the Airport Express getting to/from HKIA and that taxis can be a good value!

Yes, actually it depend where exactly you want to go. 1 hour is not too bad compare to Airport express as if you take in the transfer time (you still have to transfer from Airport express to whatever available transport to hotel). It will be around 1 hour too.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 05:30 PM   #743

hi all, just to check with you guys if Rambler Garden Hotel is a good place to stay in for my visiting to hk?
xravenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:32 PM   #744
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi all, just to check with you guys if Rambler Garden Hotel is a good place to stay in for my visiting to hk?

Taken from
http://www.all-hotels.com/xbook/serv...hotl_id=382208

The hotel is a bit out of Central Hong Kong, but transportation is easily accessible. This hotel is located in Tsing Yi, conveniently just 30 minutes away from the International Airport. The closest MTR (Mass Transit Railway) stations are Kwai Fong Station and Tsing Yi Station, which are about 10 minutes drive from the hotel. The mini busses stop just in front of the hotel. The hotel is 30 to 40 minutes away by MTR ride to Tsim Sha Tsui and Central Hong Kong

Too out of the way for me.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:23 AM   #745

today just came back to sg and done this way to go hk airport to catch my flight!

Take a cab from wan chai to hong knog station only HK$20 then i was luck to get 3 guys and each fork out HK$70 for the hk express train.

My total cost to the airport is only HK$20 + $70 = $90

fast and cheap for me....

The cheapest way is still the airport express bus lah
Old 12-09-2006, 10:38 AM   #746

today just came back to sg and done this way to go hk airport to catch my flight!

Take a cab from wan chai to hong knog station only HK$20 then i was luck to get 3 guys and each fork out HK$70 for the hk express train.

My total cost to the airport is only HK$20 + $70 = $90

fast and cheap for me....

The cheapest way is still the airport express bus lah
ya airport bus is cheapest no doubt, but if jam = die lol...
Old 13-09-2006, 05:10 PM   #747

Taken from
http://www.all-hotels.com/xbook/serv...hotl_id=382208

The hotel is a bit out of Central Hong Kong, but transportation is easily accessible. This hotel is located in Tsing Yi, conveniently just 30 minutes away from the International Airport. The closest MTR (Mass Transit Railway) stations are Kwai Fong Station and Tsing Yi Station, which are about 10 minutes drive from the hotel. The mini busses stop just in front of the hotel. The hotel is 30 to 40 minutes away by MTR ride to Tsim Sha Tsui and Central Hong Kong

Too out of the way for me.
thanks for the input bro, appreciate that
xravenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2006, 11:57 AM   #748

Bump~

Any updates on Peak tower's new viewing mall?
Old 18-09-2006, 02:32 PM   #749

jus back from HK

the Viewing Mall is almost completed .. left one level still under goin renovation
but its already open to public

the top level is the Open air viewing area

there are also quite a few eateries n some shopping up on the Viewing mall
state22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2006, 03:57 PM   #750
Arch-Supremacy Member

Please note that the guards in The Peak do not allow tripods to be setup. Thus, it's a bit of a pain in the ass to take night shots from up above.

Gotta improvise.

:Later,
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.