HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2006, 11:24 PM   #856

actually, I plan to go Shenzhen to shop, just not sure how and where to go.
What is the best timing to go to The Peak?

actually...i also not sure...but will see how things go.... as for the peak...guess i should be going up during the evening/night time...the previous trips was in the morning....
Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
NottingHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 11:56 PM   #857

Main shopping area in Shenzhen is Dongmen.
What are the things available there? How long to travel from HKG to SZX? 1 day enough? or less than that for the whole trip to SZX + shopping??
Old 10-10-2006, 08:16 PM   #858

if i'm not interested in buying knock-offs, is there any reason to go shopping in shenzhen?
I guess it really depends on what you're looking for. But to be honest if you can spare the time, why not just go over there for a day? No harm, looking around.
cwsamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:21 PM   #859

Smile

What are the things available there? How long to travel from HKG to SZX? 1 day enough? or less than that for the whole trip to SZX + shopping??
Well, nearly everything and anything can be bought in Shenzhen...i would say if you got the time, just go over look see, just to say you have been there did that. No harm right? As for getting to Shenzhen, usually i'll take the train to luo hu border. For details, when you are in HKG just ask your local hotel staff, they'll know how to get there for sure. Needless to say it's best if you know locals staying in HKG or Shenzhen, they can bring you around.
cwsamuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:42 PM   #860

What type of knock offs are available there?
Old 10-10-2006, 11:53 PM   #861

Any good place to go/shop in TST area???
EVO13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:22 PM   #862

hi, i intend to choose a hotel out of these few options: Dorsett Seaview, Mayfair Garden, Eaton & Stanford.
Those who have been to hk, any comments and if u were me which one will u choose?
Sorry 1st time there, thus new as many info as possible. thks...
vanquish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:29 PM   #863

hi, i intend to choose a hotel out of these few options: Dorsett Seaview, Mayfair Garden, Eaton & Stanford.
Those who have been to hk, any comments and if u were me which one will u choose?
Sorry 1st time there, thus new as many info as possible. thks...

Hi vanquish... dorsett, mayfair and eaton all in the yau ma tei area... i've stayed in eaton before.... find that the room is a bit small... but that's some time ago...maybe now after reno... rooms enlarge???

Well if you ask me...i'll definitely chose stanford....hong kong..not hillview.... the one at soy street... in mongkok... just next to ladies st market....

anyway ..that's where i'll be staying during my yr end holidays.....

cheers....
Old 11-10-2006, 03:13 PM   #864

Hi vanquish... dorsett, mayfair and eaton all in the yau ma tei area... i've stayed in eaton before.... find that the room is a bit small... but that's some time ago...maybe now after reno... rooms enlarge???

Well if you ask me...i'll definitely chose stanford....hong kong..not hillview.... the one at soy street... in mongkok... just next to ladies st market....

anyway ..that's where i'll be staying during my yr end holidays.....

cheers....
Yeah... will be staying there as well. It's name is Stanford Mongkok. You might want to check the rates @ www.jetabout.com.sg <Not related with the site> but that's where I booked the rooms from. But will be good if you can email the hotel to see if they can beat the rates quoted from the jetabout website.... last heard..someone managed to get a better deal than mine.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:17 PM   #865

Hey old bireds..Ive read about the lonely planet's guide to hong kong... truthfully speaking..Im all the more confused with their transport system. One is KCR..the other MTR then got what AEL...

Can someone here please enlighten...If ive just reached HKIA and wanna go to my hotel (Stanford Mongkok) I should take the MTR to Mong kok and then AEL A21 ? to my hotel right.

If I wanna go Shen Zhen, how should i go about from my hotel le?

1 Last question... is the 3 days unlimited rides tourist octopus pass worth the bucks?
Old 11-10-2006, 03:41 PM   #866

Yeah... will be staying there as well. It's name is Stanford Mongkok. You might want to check the rates @ www.jetabout.com.sg <Not related with the site> but that's where I booked the rooms from. But will be good if you can email the hotel to see if they can beat the rates quoted from the jetabout website.... last heard..someone managed to get a better deal than mine.
hmnn someone talking about me?? hehehe

actually the special rates is on case by case lar... cos i'm their regular...whenever i go back to hong kong...
Old 11-10-2006, 05:22 PM   #867

Hey old bireds..Ive read about the lonely planet's guide to hong kong... truthfully speaking..Im all the more confused with their transport system. One is KCR..the other MTR then got what AEL...

Can someone here please enlighten...If ive just reached HKIA and wanna go to my hotel (Stanford Mongkok) I should take the MTR to Mong kok and then AEL A21 ? to my hotel right.

If I wanna go Shen Zhen, how should i go about from my hotel le?

1 Last question... is the 3 days unlimited rides tourist octopus pass worth the bucks?
MTR = Mass Rapid Transit, which serves most of the tourist districts such as TST, Mongkok, HK Island
KCRC = Kowloon Canton Railway Corperation, unless u going SZ, u wont need to touch this.

Basically AEL, Airport Express Line is operated by MTR and it is a train which operates between Airport to Kowloon, and Hong Kong stations. Hong Kong and Kowloon stations provides free shuttle services to some hotels.

Cityflyer A21 is a bus service to and from the airport, operated by CityBus. This service operates thru TST, Mongkok, mainly along Nathan Road. This service does pass Stanford Mongkok, however the hotel is a few streets away from the Busstop.

The 3 days unlimited pass is worth if u plan on using the AEL.

Hope this clarifies ur doubts.
CharmanderWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:07 PM   #868

Hi Charmander.

Thanks for the leads. So If i take the MTR (AEL) to mongkok and take their free shuttle and I will not have to take the cityflyer from the airport to my hotel right?
Old 11-10-2006, 06:10 PM   #869
High Honorary Member

KCRC = Kowloon Canton Railway Corperation, unless u going SZ, u wont need to touch this.
Not true, KCRC takes you to

yuen long = best wanton mee, desset,

hunghom= best beef noodles,dan dan noodle, whampoa gardens,

shatin= best roast pigeon, snoppy land, new town shopping centre.

kcrc ma on shan line alsotakes you to lei yu mun = seafood

www.kcrc.com.hk
mosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:28 PM   #870

Anyone staying or have stayed at Stanford Mongkok before? Is it better to take the MTR (think need to do a transfer at one of the station) or just take A21 str8 to the hotel?

Thought of buying the 3 days tourist pass...but gonna stay there for 5D... so gotta plan nicely how to use the octopus card. Any tips? Use upon arrival... or wait till 2nd day then use?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.