HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2007, 03:48 AM   #1156

Smile

Just found out 花園街 stretch from Prince Edward to Mongkok...

imported from Tanago@HWZ
http://www.chungking-mansions.com/

Last edited by qqspot; 08-03-2007 at 10:03 PM..
qqspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:00 AM   #1157

hi QQ,

i missed somethings to buy at disneyland. is there any shop in town that sell all disney sovenirs?
Old 10-03-2007, 09:27 AM   #1158
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hey i'm intending to go from 28th May to June 1st. Is it too late to book from Apr 2nd onwards? Because I am going overseas this coming Friday, no time to book. Will also miss the NATAS Travelfair.

Is it cheaper to book the tics and hotel thr agency or individually?

Thanks.
revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:14 AM   #1159
Supremacy Member

hi QQ,

i missed somethings to buy at disneyland. is there any shop in town that sell all disney sovenirs?
Buy @ Trendyland. But note: Trendyland may have a different range of products and the products may not say "Hongkong Disneyland" (you pay a premium for this phrase).

Alternatively, checkin early, there is an official HK Disney shop at the departure hall. Those money grabbing b*stards. Won't even let you off on the way home.
lowjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:51 AM   #1160

NATAS Travelfair, Arrr you have to PAY the Adminsion FEE to go in the fare.....
Old 11-03-2007, 03:03 AM   #1161

Exclamation

Hey i'm intending to go from 28th May to June 1st. Is it too late to book from Apr 2nd onwards? Because I am going overseas this coming Friday, no time to book. Will also miss the NATAS Travelfair.

Is it cheaper to book the tics and hotel thr agency or individually?

Thanks.
Depands on each person and each case basis...

If you like and enjoy go with tour group and hate to do research on the place you going. And wanted a tour guide who can guide you badly and do not mind to give tips to the tour guide or going to places that will be KANA CHOP like CARRORT CAKE like most tourist do...
Answer: Book Tour Agent, Go with Tour Group

If your know to place. Done some research. On Budget. Shoppping Trip to Hong Kong. Food Trip to Hong Kong. (Hong Kong got the BEST Chinese food!!). Able to speak English or Cantonese or Mandrain. Been to Hong Kong before. Friends, family member, releatives in Hong Kong. Backpacking through China. Going to the places that you wish to go but tour guide/group/agent do not go.
Answer: DIY; Flights Tickets, Hotels, Hostel, Apartment, Food & etc... yourself
End of the day you still save some time & $$$ (Depands how your spend)

Regards,
QQ
Old 11-03-2007, 03:11 AM   #1162

Exclamation

Buy @ Trendyland. But note: Trendyland may have a different range of products and the products may not say "Hongkong Disneyland" (you pay a premium for this phrase).

Alternatively, checkin early, there is an official HK Disney shop at the departure hall. Those money grabbing b*stards. Won't even let you off on the way home.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showpost.php?p=22700544&postcount=1153

I have to agree with lowjk, Offical Hong Kong Disneyland, Gift Shop at the Airport Departure Hall are really money grabbers *******. They will jack up the prices damm high!! Please do not buy if really really forget to buy some gift for you friends or family members.

Go to Trendyland@Causeway Bay to get them or TST.
銅鑼灣 駱克道 537號店 Tel:2882 1013

320 駱克道 is not faraway from 537 駱克道. Only 5 mins walk away, shop will close at 12 midnight. Open at 10 or 11am.

Regards,
QQ
Old 11-03-2007, 08:05 AM   #1163
Arch-Supremacy Member

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showpost.php?p=22700544&postcount=1153

I have to agree with lowjk, Offical Hong Kong Disneyland, Gift Shop at the Airport Departure Hall are really money grabbers *******. They will jack up the prices damm high!! Please do not buy if really really forget to buy some gift for you friends or family members.

Go to Trendyland@Causeway Bay to get them or TST.
銅鑼灣 駱克道 537號店 Tel:2882 1013

320 駱克道 is not faraway from 537 駱克道. Only 5 mins walk away, shop will close at 12 midnight. Open at 10 or 11am.

Regards,
QQ
Sometimes can get lucky. I managed to get 3 adult Disney Tees at the airport last Oct for HK$120. Normal is HK$110 each! Of course suggest buy what you like first.
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:25 AM   #1164
Arch-Supremacy Member

Depands on each person and each case basis...

If you like and enjoy go with tour group and hate to do research on the place you going. And wanted a tour guide who can guide you badly and do not mind to give tips to the tour guide or going to places that will be KANA CHOP like CARRORT CAKE like most tourist do...
Answer: Book Tour Agent, Go with Tour Group

If your know to place. Done some research. On Budget. Shoppping Trip to Hong Kong. Food Trip to Hong Kong. (Hong Kong got the BEST Chinese food!!). Able to speak English or Cantonese or Mandrain. Been to Hong Kong before. Friends, family member, releatives in Hong Kong. Backpacking through China. Going to the places that you wish to go but tour guide/group/agent do not go.
Answer: DIY; Flights Tickets, Hotels, Hostel, Apartment, Food & etc... yourself
End of the day you still save some time & $$$ (Depands how your spend)

Regards,
QQ
Thanks for the advise I have already confirmed that I will be going for free and easy. Just thought that maybe some your agency will have cheaper package for tour and easy which also include the hotel transfer from airport.

Will there be free and easy package at NATAS Travelfair?
Old 11-03-2007, 12:04 PM   #1165

Thanks for the advise I have already confirmed that I will be going for free and easy. Just thought that maybe some your agency will have cheaper package for tour and easy which also include the hotel transfer from airport.

Im also deciding whether to book myself or thru agency. i went to the dyansty fair in suntec.and they quote me 1300 for 6d5n inclusive 1 night in disney. I find this price very high. maybe its because they offering cathay and not jetstar.
neojo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:22 PM   #1166
Arch-Supremacy Member

Im also deciding whether to book myself or thru agency. i went to the dyansty fair in suntec.and they quote me 1300 for 6d5n inclusive 1 night in disney. I find this price very high. maybe its because they offering cathay and not jetstar.
Got a private message from one of the forumer here. Quite a good bad imo.

Hi,

U can try newly tour at Pear Center Basement 1. 6 days 5 nites for less than $700 per person. 2 nites in new territories and 3 nites in Kowloon. Hotel transfer and airport tax included, taking C. Pacific.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:40 PM   #1167
Supremacy Member

It really depends on which period you are travelling and which hotel you are staying in.
So you must compare like for like.

For example, if you get to stay in the more expensive Disneyland hotel instead of the cheaper Hollywood Disney, the price is probably about right.

Hotel rates in HK are very volatile - one trade fair in town and eveyone jacks up their prices. Had wanted to stay in 5* Langham Place but because of the above trade fair, there was double surcharges. Ended up in 3* Majestic FOR THE SAME RATE THAT LANGHAM NORMALLY CHARGES. Langham Place was way over budget with the double surcharges.
lowjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:15 PM   #1168

Thumbs up

Wan Chai & Causeway Bay, Hong Kong Island, Studio Apartments
All apartments near Wan Chai & Causeway Bay MTR.
A Studio Apartment, with Scandinavian Modern Designs.
A private washroom with shower.
A pantry with fridge, hotplate, kettle and utensils.
Free Cable TV & DVD player.
Free Private Telephone Line.
Free Wireless Internet Ever Floor!!
Weekly Room Cleaning.
Any enquiries, please kindly PM me & leave down your contact number also...
Let me know at least 3 weeks advance, as the rooms are mostly booked monthly!!
Only HK$350 - 500(Single Bed)/HK$450 - 600(Double Bed) per night 2 times cheaper then normal Hotel rates.

Transportation : Wan Chai 8 minutes walk to Causeway Bay MTR Station (2 blocks away). 5 minutes walk to the Bus Terminal and Wan Chai
Ferry. 2 minutes walk to Mini Bus Stop (16 seater bus) and tram stop (Ding Ding).

Usually during Festival, Weekend, HKTB Promo, Tourist Season, Exhibition period in Hong Kong & Macau.
The Hotels, Hostels, Studio Apartments & properties will have a automatically rents hikes!!

Last edited by qqspot; 12-03-2007 at 10:20 PM..
Old 12-03-2007, 11:20 PM   #1169

Exclamation

Revenat,
Yes there will be at NATAS Travelfair i guess, BUT somehow i really feel like KANA CARRORT CAKE chopped by the travel agent.

Hong Kong place is a place you can, DIY for free and easy Travel there. Sometime you might find it travel cheaper if you buy your own tickets & stay in Hong Kong.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:26 PM   #1170

Talking

If you do not might take airbus of Jetstar. Then DIY Free & Easy.
Is so much fun to explore in Hong Kong.

I bet you can find cheaper ways to stay there & travel. You also ask me about the apartment. Please kindly let me know which month of the exact date you are travling there. In order to quote you the price. If not check you PM and give me a ring at my mobile and i can work out for you on the spot.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.