HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

dennisleu

Reaction score
dngth said:
im will be arriving at Macau Intl Airport on Thur, most likely will be taking the ferry to HK.
Any idea what is faster and more convenient mode of getting to the Macau ferry terminal from Macau airport.

If I take cab, can I pay the the driver in HK dollars and request for changes in HK dollars?

You can go by cab or airport express bus #AP1. The bus fare is HKD3.30 and addition HKD5 if you have big luggage that needs to be put on the rack.
Yes, u can pay your cab fare in HKD. Hmm ... u may request ur change in HKD ie provided he has which I think they usually do. However, should he, by chance, run out of it then you will have to accept the MOPs that he dishes out.

Last edited:

qqspot

Reaction score
dngth said:
im will be arriving at Macau Intl Airport on Thur, most likely will be taking the ferry to HK.
Any idea what is faster and more convenient mode of getting to the Macau ferry terminal from Macau airport.

If I take cab, can I pay the the driver in HK dollars and request for changes in HK dollars?
you have to settle everything in HKD.

If you got MOP do got shock.

darylfx

Reaction score
im going HK in 2 weeks time .. can intro any place to eat dim sum ..yum cha ... go hk must east dim sum de.. but im quite budget .. not gg to high end place to eat .. any intro ?

qqspot

Reaction score
Dim Sum is cheaper and for 3 person iof Dim Sum each only pay SGD 6 buck can each pigeon, goose, duck, fish & dim sum stuff...

HK Carton
McDull
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mcdull
Anyone ever heard of McDull or McDull.com.hk?

McDull_pic.jpg
Image:McDull_pic.jpg

Last edited:

coldbloood

Reaction score
Hi guys ... going HK tmr ... jus wondering if Stanley Bay is worth going to take a look ... what are your opinions? btw the focus of my trip is mainly shopping ...

zeroflame

Master Member
Reaction score
qqspot said:
Dim Sum is cheaper and for 3 person iof Dim Sum each only pay SGD 6 buck can each pigeon, goose, duck, fish & dim sum stuff...

HK Carton
McDull
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mcdull
Anyone ever heard of McDull or McDull.com.hk?

McDull_pic.jpg
Image:McDull_pic.jpg

yEA...Mcdull is my fav pig..haha...think is one of their educational cartoon character...when my fren went over to hk last yr..McDull is like not so popular there anymore..anyone know anywhere got sell mcdull products?

zeroflame

Master Member
Reaction score
just to share with everyone...i just booked my hk trip with nam ho. Will be going from 7-13 Aug

3d2n cathay with standford @ $587 . Flight can extend up to 14 days.
Now waiting confirmation of hotel availability.
I will be there 7d6n..so the remaining 4 night i booked YMCA intl house..standard double at $218 each person.

So total is $805. includ airport to hotel transfer and optional half day island tour on 2nd day.
I feel quite quite alright as self booking with Jetstar and hotel will cost $700++

ITedge

Reaction score
About Hotel Bookings

kaypohchee said:
Normally walk-in rates etc are MUCH higher than for internet or agent bookings

Why not ask your parents to just ENQUIRE 1st then you can compare ????
From my recent experience, INTERNET rates are much cheaper. Buy from established online like ZUJI, cause u are revealing yr credit card details.
For month of June, most standard rooms are fully booked weeks ago in Hong Kong. In Kowloon there are still plenty rooms available even if u book late. Hotel rooms are more expensive in Hong Kong than in Kowloon and also smaller. If u book directly with the hotel, they charge u the full rate.

ITedge

Reaction score
Hotels

monster3 said:
oh ok. thanks for ur reply. booking thru agent is cheaper? u mean travel agency? Do u know which website provides best offers for HK hotels?
Local travel agents ONLY deals with limited hotels and most are located in Kowloon >> Limited choices. If u are choosy about the place u stay and have FREE expenditure account, better book online through ZUJI for example.

monster3

Reaction score
Hi, i would like to find out,

I'm taking SQ to HongKong this July, other than the Taxes & Fees: $85 each pax, do i have to pay any other fees when i departure from HongKong on the day back to SG?

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys, went to hong kong from 17th to 21st last month and had a wonderful time there.. :D Here are some photos to share:

P1020493.jpg

P1020735.jpg

P1020495.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.