HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2007, 09:55 PM   #1321
Supremacy Member

Well it depends on what you buy.
HK has one of the best and cheapest music store in the South Asia - Tom Lee.
Can be S$400 to 500 cheaper for a $2k+ music instrument/equipment compared to Singapore.
kk i'm refering to those pasar malam stuff like clothes, bags, accessories
shenzhen is cheaper
Old 14-04-2007, 11:44 PM   #1322
Arch-Supremacy Member

how do we get to shenzhen from hongkong? is 1 day enough? a little apprehensive abt going there cos heard that its not really very safe there?
Old 14-04-2007, 11:51 PM   #1323

hi.. the tread progress damn fast.. just post not long ago.. not 2 page away liao. Anyway.. any reviews stying in metropark mongkok before?

i am like takuyazzz... considering whether to ShenZhen,,, my wife is worried about the safety.. and we are not sure our 5days 6 nigths can cover hongkong alone..
papaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2007, 01:06 PM   #1324

What is the cheapest hostel in HK?

Ah Shan or Dragon Inn > HKS260.

how about dragon hostel ? or Yes Inn ?

I am planning to stay at Macau for 1 days.
Any cheap hostel?

Thank you.
blkhoo1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2007, 03:30 PM   #1325

Sanva. But they are under renovation. only non A/C rooms are available. Also gotta use communal toilets. HKD80/nite. The location is very good though.

http://www.sanvahotel.com/index.html
dennisleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2007, 04:19 PM   #1326

oh dear, i jus hope my UA flight dont' get delay due to watever reason.. *pray hard* saw a no of comments abt US seats too, guess my bf would have more trouble and complains abt e UA seats cos he's really fussy

Wanted to go pick up brochures and get more info @ e HK tourism board office at suntec too. But my cousin called them previously to check their opening hrs and was only Mon - Fri from 9am (i think) to 5.45pm. I wk at Expo so dun think can mk it on time too, haiz~
jeanshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2007, 04:35 PM   #1327
Arch-Supremacy Member

May have changed now but couple of years ago they had a stand with brochures and map left outside the office. Anyway no big deal. Can easily can map from the concierge in your hotel. Brochures and stuff can pick up at the HK tourism board offices in HK. There's one located at the Sterry Ferry Terminal at Tsim Sha Tsui. Virtually all info can find on the hK tourism website. There's one section to download in pdf format various walks you can take. Very useful.
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2007, 04:36 PM   #1328
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ohh if your bf is fussy ask him to pay more and book SQ biz class lor. Get what you pay for ma.
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2007, 04:54 PM   #1329

May have changed now but couple of years ago they had a stand with brochures and map left outside the office. Anyway no big deal. Can easily can map from the concierge in your hotel. Brochures and stuff can pick up at the HK tourism board offices in HK. There's one located at the Sterry Ferry Terminal at Tsim Sha Tsui. Virtually all info can find on the hK tourism website. There's one section to download in pdf format various walks you can take. Very useful.

Thanz 4 yr info, think will still go and try my luch during one of my shopping trips @ suntec
jeanshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #1330

Smile

sry, but it's not the same
anyway, i've made a 1 night deposit for ah shan already
Got another place only HKD200 i last time used to stay. If you keen next time drop me a pm.
qqspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2007, 07:50 PM   #1331

Talking

What is the cheapest hostel in HK?
Ah Shan or Dragon Inn > HKS260.
Thank you.
Cheapest place i ever saw was HK$200 at Causeway Bay.

If not Hostelworld.com can be found there!!

Last edited by qqspot; 15-04-2007 at 07:53 PM..
Old 15-04-2007, 07:54 PM   #1332
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just curious.

Is there any major difference if I were to fly to ShenZhen then to Hong Kong instead of Hong Kong directly?

Secondly, how was the Ngong Ping Skyrail Experience? Is it worth the travelling time provided its free?
revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2007, 07:59 PM   #1333

you can get map and info at the HKIA when you exit out from custom and got your baggage there a counter on HKIA exit A & B of the HKTB.

Please do look out for it if you had miss them.

Last edited by qqspot; 15-04-2007 at 08:06 PM..
Old 15-04-2007, 08:35 PM   #1334
Supremacy Member

Just curious.

Secondly, how was the Ngong Ping Skyrail Experience? Is it worth the travelling time provided its free?
NP360
Tip - very crowded on weekends and PH. My waiting time was about 1 hr (on a Friday before X'mas). Can ask for standing room only (ie you don't get to sit, just stand all the way for the ride) -> jump queue. (it's called "kay piu" - standing ticket).

Ride - initial impression : very nice scenery
After 10 min : when will the ride end??

NP village : Nothing very much to do. Shop, eat, photos and video presentation. Unfortunately, having been to HK Disneyland, the presentations are nothing to shout about (and was in fact quite boring) (compared to the interactive "Stitch" presentation).

Food standard - not that good compared to what you get elsewhere.

Can go to the big Buddha after this and have some vegetarian snacks/bean curd which are actually not bad.
lowjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2007, 08:42 PM   #1335
Arch-Supremacy Member

NP360
Tip - very crowded on weekends and PH. My waiting time was about 1 hr (on a Friday before X'mas). Can ask for standing room only (ie you don't get to sit, just stand all the way for the ride) -> jump queue. (it's called "kay piu" - standing ticket).

Ride - initial impression : very nice scenery
After 10 min : when will the ride end??

NP village : Nothing very much to do. Shop, eat, photos and video presentation. Unfortunately, having been to HK Disneyland, the presentations are nothing to shout about (and was in fact quite boring) (compared to the interactive "Stitch" presentation).

Food standard - not that good compared to what you get elsewhere.

Can go to the big Buddha after this and have some vegetarian snacks/bean curd which are actually not bad.
thanx for the reply. looks like i gonna give this a miss.
revenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.