Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2007, 11:39 PM   #1336
Supremacy Member

my view on ngong pin
the sky rail give quite a scenic view of the air port and lantau island
nothing much on ngyong pin village, it's a tourist rip-off...

but then, if you are going to the big buddha @ lautan island, the cable car is a faster way up and down.

when taking the cable car, after turning left away from the airport (you'll understand when u take it), take note the mountains below, there are actually some tombs that are scattered on the mountain. what i'm thinking is, wah, qing ming, those descendents climb the mountain sure damn shiong.

btw, ggspot, can stop advertising the studio room every page?
it's getting kinda irritating.
------
no doubt, that there are cheaper hostel, but do take in consideration of location and facilities of the hostel. HKD80 sounds cheap, but the location is not that centralize and communal toilet.
dragon hostel is not the same as dragon inn but they reside in the same building (sincere building), heard dragon hostel not tt bad also.

------

safety in shenzhen.
last dec went shenzhen with my gf only, found the security quite ok. a lot of things to shop. to get to shenzhen, take KCR from hk to luohu and walk across the custom. the journey from hongkong KCR to luohu (end to end) should not take you more than 1.5 hr bah (if i remember correctly). however, at the custom to shenzhen, it's really depends on when you go. it's like singapore to malaysia, if no one, then gd, but if tio peak periods, happy new year to you

is 1 day enough for shenzhen: tt depends on what you want to do there. tt time, we went there for 2 night 3 day. reach there in the night from macau to zhuhai. took a cab to chunfeng road queen's spa and stayed the night over @ queen's spa. next day, went window of the world in the morning till evening. went for dinner and back to queen's spa

3rd day slp until late morning then go back to hk.

advice if going to shenzhen is try to avoid wkend as wkend more crowded (dun want to squeeze thru the customs with the hongkongers)
Old 16-04-2007, 12:02 AM   #1337

HKD80 sounds cheap, but the location is not that centralize and communal toilet.
that guesthouse is at Macau dude!
If Sanva is not centralise, where else is centralise? Taipa is it?
dennisleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2007, 12:32 AM   #1338
Supremacy Member

that guesthouse is at Macau dude!
If Sanva is not centralise, where else is centralise? Taipa is it?
opps
paiseh, mixed up liao
thought it's in hongkong

not familiar with macau.went there only for a day (9am to 6pm) and wasted a day there. did not do enough research, in the end, went there holland and wasted time travelling from place to place.
in the end, did not manage to 'walk' the whole macau but only a portion of it
Old 16-04-2007, 12:59 AM   #1339
Arch-Supremacy Member

my view on ngong pin
the sky rail give quite a scenic view of the air port and lantau island
nothing much on ngyong pin village, it's a tourist rip-off...

but then, if you are going to the big buddha @ lautan island, the cable car is a faster way up and down.

when taking the cable car, after turning left away from the airport (you'll understand when u take it), take note the mountains below, there are actually some tombs that are scattered on the mountain. what i'm thinking is, wah, qing ming, those descendents climb the mountain sure damn shiong.

btw, ggspot, can stop advertising the studio room every page?
it's getting kinda irritating.
------
no doubt, that there are cheaper hostel, but do take in consideration of location and facilities of the hostel. HKD80 sounds cheap, but the location is not that centralize and communal toilet.
dragon hostel is not the same as dragon inn but they reside in the same building (sincere building), heard dragon hostel not tt bad also.

------

safety in shenzhen.
last dec went shenzhen with my gf only, found the security quite ok. a lot of things to shop. to get to shenzhen, take KCR from hk to luohu and walk across the custom. the journey from hongkong KCR to luohu (end to end) should not take you more than 1.5 hr bah (if i remember correctly). however, at the custom to shenzhen, it's really depends on when you go. it's like singapore to malaysia, if no one, then gd, but if tio peak periods, happy new year to you

is 1 day enough for shenzhen: tt depends on what you want to do there. tt time, we went there for 2 night 3 day. reach there in the night from macau to zhuhai. took a cab to chunfeng road queen's spa and stayed the night over @ queen's spa. next day, went window of the world in the morning till evening. went for dinner and back to queen's spa

3rd day slp until late morning then go back to hk.

advice if going to shenzhen is try to avoid wkend as wkend more crowded (dun want to squeeze thru the customs with the hongkongers)

wow..thanks for the info, appreciate it..i'm going from thurs to monday..so no choice but to go on a weekend i guess..is the queue at the customs really as bad as the causeway queues at their peak?

and once we get past the custom, how do we navigate around? mainly looking for shopping places, like those pasar malam stuff u mentioned earlier..

As for disneyland, do we really need 1 full day to finish the whole place? i heard from my fren that half day was all she took to finish up her disney visit..
Old 16-04-2007, 01:02 AM   #1340
Supremacy Member

ggspot, can stop spamming...
Old 16-04-2007, 01:04 AM   #1341
Arch-Supremacy Member

ggspot, can stop spamming...

i was about to post the same thing...
Old 16-04-2007, 02:18 AM   #1342
Supremacy Member

tt time, went on peak period, the queue at custom was like 1/2 hr to 1 hr, can't exactly remember .

tt time i went disney, i took the whole day. the highlights of disney is the fireworks at night, so i think you would not want to miss that. the fireworks at disney in a night is equal (actually better) to the fireworks of our NDPs (for all 30+ years, not 1 year fireworks, lol).
so if u dunwan to spend whole day @ disney, maybe u can go there in the afternoon till night. tt time when i went there, the disney was still under construction and there are some parts (or theme world) not open yet. i think if u wanna try all the rides now, maybe might need 1 day. but if your purpose is to take photos and look see, maybe no need the whole day bah

shenzhen:
just after luohu custom, u will see a building (forget the name liao)
inside the building, u can find lots of small shops that sells almost every fashion stuffs from bags to watches to shoes to clothes to LED torchlights etc etc.
make sure to bargain there. the prices can be slashed to up to 50%

i remember i bought a 5 matchstick automatic watch there for 200rmb (or was it 250rmb). the starting price they gave me was like 500-600rmb...

handbags slashed from 200-300 to 100+

then there's dongmen, where i think they sell more of those branded stuffs, not too sure abt what exactly to expect there as nvr go there to jalan jalan.
Old 16-04-2007, 07:53 AM   #1343
Arch-Supremacy Member

disneyland 1/2 or full day. depends:

1. are you first timer to DL? If yes than schedule for a day. Take your time to go around the whole place. If not half day will do. Go after lunch and stay still after fireworks. It's really nice. Get a tripod if you want decent photos or one which has high ISO.

2. whether you are keen on taking all the rides. some are really for little kids. depending on going weekday or weekend/ph which can be really crowded. may need to spend some time queuing for rides. there's fastpass though.

3. photo ops with the DL characters. Need to queue up.
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2007, 10:09 AM   #1344
Supremacy Member

disneyland 1/2 or full day. depends:

1. are you first timer to DL? If yes than schedule for a day. Take your time to go around the whole place. If not half day will do. Go after lunch and stay still after fireworks. It's really nice. Get a tripod if you want decent photos or one which has high ISO.

2. whether you are keen on taking all the rides. some are really for little kids. depending on going weekday or weekend/ph which can be really crowded. may need to spend some time queuing for rides. there's fastpass though.

3. photo ops with the DL characters. Need to queue up.
To takuyazzz:
1. Follow s7460597's advice.

2. You mentioned that you will be in HK from Thurs to Mon - I will assume that you will not go on day 1 or on day 5. Therefore, you will be at Disneyland on Friday, Sat or Sun - peak period for a theme park so be prepared to queue. This would be worse if you are travelling on the so called China's Golden Week (which starts in early May)

few tips
- Go to HK Disney website and do some planning. While you are there, book the tix to the park using a credit card (pls bring the same card to retrieve the tix in HK). You will thank me when you see the queue at the ticketing booth on a weekend (my kids actually cheered when we collected all our tix within 1 minutes of arrival at the park).

- Fastpass not available for all rides.

- Can use fastpass once only at any time (eg cannot get fastpass for space mountain and buzz lightyear at the same time, but can do so consecutively).

- Never get a fastpass for Space Mountain after lunch.

- If you are willingly to give up Disney On Parade in the afternoon, you can squeeze in more rides.

3. If you are willing to pay ~$75/pax (HKD300++) for a buffet at Disneyland Hotel (not the Hollywood) Enchanted Gardens, you will get photo opportunities with some of the more popular characters (Mickey, Pluto, Donald, Minnie) in aircon comfort. They will come to you at your table (until you are sick of them and tell them to F88K off and stop disturbing your dinner. There is no need to queue under a hot sun).

This restaurant is open even after the fireworks (so you can go after this).
lowjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2007, 07:33 PM   #1345
Supremacy Member

Wan Chai & Causeway Bay, Hong Kong Island, BoutiqueS Apartments
All BoutiqueS Apartments near Wan Chai & Causeway Bay MTR.

A BoutiqueS Apartment, with Scandinavian Modern Designs.
A private washroom with shower.
Pantry with fridge, hotplate, kettle and utensils.
Free Cable TV (PCCW Now TV) & DVD player.
Free Private Telephone Line.
Free Fiber Optic Boardband, HKBN BB1000Mbps on Wi Fi networks.
Free Wireless Internet, Access Point At Ever Single Floor!!
Free Weekly Room Cleaning.
Any enquiries, please kindly PM me & leave down your contact number also...
Let me know at least 3 weeks advance, as the rooms are mostly booked monthly!!
Only HK$400 - 600(Single Bed)/HK$500 - 800(Double Bed) per night.

May Promotions
3 days 2 Nights Special HK$1080(Single Bed)/HK$1280(Double Bed)
Book 2 Double beds & will get 1 Single Bed Free!!
Promotions from 1 May - 31 May 2007

Transportation : Wan Chai 8 minutes walk to Causeway Bay MTR Station (2 blocks away). 5 minutes walk to the Bus Terminal and Wan Chai
Ferry. 2 minutes walk to Mini Bus Stop (16 Seater Bus) and tram stop (Ding Ding).

Lifestyle & Food: Places near or around the apartment, 6 x newstand, 1 x 7/Eleven, 6 x Cha Chang Ting (1 x 24/7 Bigfoot Cha Chang Ting), 1 x Wan Chai Police Station, 2 x Money Changer, 4 x Laundry Shop, 1 x Mahjong Shop, 1 x Mcdonalds at CC Wu Building, 298 Wan Chai Computer Center, Wan Chai Computer Center at Wan Chai MTR, 1 x Ajisen Ramen, All the Banks in Hong Kong along Hennessy Road.

If you want to feel what Lifestyles of Hong Kong about, Going for Hoilday, For Business Trip, Concerts, Going for Trade Fairs & Hong Kong View stay at Hong Kong Island.
If you like Noisy Places & Human Traffic stay at Mongkok, Kowloon.

Once the booking is confirm there will be no change in date/refund even checkout early.
If there any enquries you will able to reach my at my email, msn, PM@HWZ, mobile 24/7.
i would say, let's all boycott BoutiqueS apartment
ggspot, YOU ARE GETTING IRRITATING
NO ONE ASK YOU TO RECOMMEND PLACE TO STAY, STOP SPAMMING HERE
BESIDES, CAUSEWAY BAY MTR IS SO ULU
Old 16-04-2007, 08:35 PM   #1346
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hey guys...octopus travel couldn't confirm my booking for metropark mongkok and other sites like zuji and asiarooms are charging much higher...

Any other recommendations for hotels in mong kok?

How about YMCA international house?
Old 17-04-2007, 12:11 AM   #1347

i would say, let's all boycott BoutiqueS apartment
ggspot, YOU ARE GETTING IRRITATING
NO ONE ASK YOU TO RECOMMEND PLACE TO STAY, STOP SPAMMING HERE
BESIDES, CAUSEWAY BAY MTR IS SO ULU
yes i agree...the ads are starting to getting annoying, ggspot if u really want to advertise, pls post at buy/sell/marketplace and just put a link on ur sig...
CharmanderWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2007, 01:16 AM   #1348

Smile Hong Kong to Macau

Hey everyone ....
I planning to go Hong Kong coming June. Tot of going Macau for a day... can anyone provide me details of Macau? Like where to go ? what to do ? currency ? is it using Hong Kong dollars? one day enough?? where to take ferry? where is the ferry terminal??

Thanks in advance =)
wenwen
wenwen_1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2007, 04:00 AM   #1349

wenwen1981,

For more info of Macau can be found here --> Macau Government Tourist Office
www.macautourism.gov.mo/en/index.php

HKD & MOP can be used in Macau.

Ferry Terminal ---> http://www.turbojetseaexpress.com/e/...vname=default3
http://www.turbojet.com.hk/

Sailing Schedule can be found here --> http://www.turbojetseaexpress.com/e/...ule_fare_table
qqspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2007, 04:08 AM   #1350

Smile

Hey guys...octopus travel couldn't confirm my booking for metropark mongkok and other sites like zuji and asiarooms are charging much higher...

Any other recommendations for hotels in mong kok?

How about YMCA international house?
YMCA international house
http://www.intlhouse.ymca.org.hk/e_index.php

Is this the place what you are saying?

At Yu Ma Tei MTR. My fav place for nice cantonese porridge. got a few money changer there and Welcome Supermarket, Yu Ma Tei Fire Station, HSBC HK. Next street will be Nathan Road.

Had to walk a few more step to go to Yu Ma Tei MTR. Very near to Temple Street for nice food along the Portland Street.
qqspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.