HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2007, 04:33 AM   #1351

Exclamation

CAUSEWAY BAY MTR IS SO ULU
No Offence, I had to disagree with you. Causeway Bay not ULU, BUT is a Shopping Heaven as JUMBO SOGO, Time Square is there.
Do you know??
The rent in the shopping areas of causeway bay is ranked the second in the world, with the Fifth Avenue (Manhattan) of the NYC being the first.
This link will tell you more.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causeway_Bay

Diff Btw Mong Kok & Hong Kong Island is up to you to judge yourself.
About Mong Kok
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongkok
About Hong Kong Island
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_Island

For the past years in hk.
I personally had witness a few event on the street of Hong Kong Island.
Events like Saw some TVB Stars a few times along Causeway Bay area.
HK girls & OL's in Central, Hong Kong Island dress more better then TST or Kowloon Area.
Business or Trade Shows & Local or Region Events!!
Victoria Park on Festival Season!!
Hong Kong Island give a true Hong Kong Life experience.
Shopping & Dine in Sheung Wan to Causeway Bay is never ending explore of shops and resturants.
Try to dine in SOHO district, then you will know what i mean!!
Hong Kong Island very easy in Transport, with ding ding, big bus, van chai, taxi & mtr.
Famous Skyscrapers are in Hong Kong Island. HKTB will list Hong Kong Island Photos to reference of Hong Kong.
Going Macau is super easy compare to TST.

Had saw some famous HK Actress walk past me at TST Area.
Had visited some local resturants along Mong Kok area really Hong Kong Style and bill only come out HK350 for 4 person for dinner.
Mong Kok is a place good for buying Cameras & Mobile Phones.
Mong Kok Tourist attraction, famous for Ladies Market & Night Markets.
Is not a good place if you hate crowed place where full for peoples, gangsters, triads, cars, noise, pollution by automobiles.
As you walk along the busy street most of the people will either step at your feet or knock at you without saying sorry.
Mong Kok easy in Transport, KCR, big bus, van chai, taxi & mtr.

Is really up to yourself want do you like to do, judge yourself or experience in Hong Kong.
I still prefer stay at Hong Kong Island due to experience local lifestyles & their really local way of live. Even although my friends stay at Kowloon side.
Last of all just offering another choice of local accommodation experience.

Last edited by qqspot; 17-04-2007 at 04:53 AM..
qqspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2007, 09:03 AM   #1352

Hi all

We are offering a service to bring you for a holiday @ Guangzhou - Shenzhen Tour

It is a 3 days 2 night trip will cost you about $688 inclusive of air tickets, hotels, food and transport.

We will bring you to the best places for shopping until you drop.

PM me if you are interested.
NCPRINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2007, 09:09 AM   #1353

tt time, went on peak period, the queue at custom was like 1/2 hr to 1 hr, can't exactly remember .

tt time i went disney, i took the whole day. the highlights of disney is the fireworks at night, so i think you would not want to miss that. the fireworks at disney in a night is equal (actually better) to the fireworks of our NDPs (for all 30+ years, not 1 year fireworks, lol).
so if u dunwan to spend whole day @ disney, maybe u can go there in the afternoon till night. tt time when i went there, the disney was still under construction and there are some parts (or theme world) not open yet. i think if u wanna try all the rides now, maybe might need 1 day. but if your purpose is to take photos and look see, maybe no need the whole day bah

shenzhen:
just after luohu custom, u will see a building (forget the name liao)
inside the building, u can find lots of small shops that sells almost every fashion stuffs from bags to watches to shoes to clothes to LED torchlights etc etc.
make sure to bargain there. the prices can be slashed to up to 50%

i remember i bought a 5 matchstick automatic watch there for 200rmb (or was it 250rmb). the starting price they gave me was like 500-600rmb...

handbags slashed from 200-300 to 100+

then there's dongmen, where i think they sell more of those branded stuffs, not too sure abt what exactly to expect there as nvr go there to jalan jalan.
let me share with you.

The bags can be slash from 300 to 50 RMB and the watches worth only 40 RMB.
in shenzhen, the street are safe to go where there is security guards around. but you must beware of pickpockets.

and please do not speak English.
Old 17-04-2007, 01:06 PM   #1354
Arch-Supremacy Member

YMCA international house
http://www.intlhouse.ymca.org.hk/e_index.php

Is this the place what you are saying?

At Yu Ma Tei MTR. My fav place for nice cantonese porridge. got a few money changer there and Welcome Supermarket, Yu Ma Tei Fire Station, HSBC HK. Next street will be Nathan Road.

Had to walk a few more step to go to Yu Ma Tei MTR. Very near to Temple Street for nice food along the Portland Street.

oh ok..thanks for the info..yes i've already booked 2 rooms at ymca international house...hopefully the location will be good..

I was looking at the MTR map, how do i reach Yau Ma Tei MTR station from the Airport MTR station?

must take all the way to Hong Kong Station, then switch to the red line? Seems like 1 big round to me...any faster way?

Here's the map here for reference:
Old 17-04-2007, 02:50 PM   #1355

Cool

I was looking at the MTR map, how do i reach Yau Ma Tei MTR station from the Airport MTR station?
Hi takuyazzz, they have free suttle bus to your hotel. You must show your passport in order to board the buses.

Please read here ---> http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/train/ae_compli_e.htm

Regards,
QQ
Old 17-04-2007, 03:16 PM   #1356
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi takuyazzz, they have free suttle bus to your hotel. You must show your passport in order to board the buses.

Please read here ---> http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/train/ae_compli_e.htm

Regards,
QQ

i don't see ymca international house on the list of hotels there...guess i'll just go by the long way...

Airport>Hong Kong>Yau Ma Tei
Old 17-04-2007, 03:23 PM   #1357

change at Tsing Yi then at Lai King to Yau Ma tei
enoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2007, 03:30 PM   #1358
Arch-Supremacy Member

change at Tsing Yi then at Lai King to Yau Ma tei

is this faster than changing at hong kong station?
Old 17-04-2007, 05:24 PM   #1359

Red face

I agree with enoone, drop at Tsing Yi, go to Lai King, then Yau Ma Tei MTR.

Hong Kong Station also can, almost the same timing and diff fares only.

Last edited by qqspot; 17-04-2007 at 05:37 PM..
Old 17-04-2007, 06:27 PM   #1360
Supremacy Member

is this faster than changing at hong kong station?
not too sure abt faster or not, but it's definitely cheaper
the airport express allows u free transfer to MTR if i remember correctly, thus,
the fare is cheapest to tsing yi, then free transfer to MTR
if u take to hongkong, the fare is very ex compared to tsing yi.

when i went mongkok, i took the airport express to tsing yi and then transfer 2 time to mongkok
if u want to take bus, it's possible also, as the bus at the very least goes to mongkok, then u can switch to mtr to YMT even if the bus does not goes to YMCA. anyway, i think u can see which hotel is near YMCA and drop there

NCPRINT:
i think i bought a bag @ 80RMB (they first offered me 200) but i can't actually remember so don't dare to put such a low amount in the forum lest i gave a wrong amount (no one will complain if they can slash more, but if i say 80, and they cannot get 80, i'll get screamed at )
anyway, doubt the watches are worth 40RMB only cause it's quite a solid watch and it's a fully automatic watch...u mean to say it's cheaper than the bags? can't be right?

btw, u got shenzhen/guanzhong shop till you drop package? but let's say i've already got flight there liao, i only need a tour guide possible?
doubt i'll be staying anywhere else in shenzhen except in queen's spa (got massage and free stay for only 170RMB each...heehee)

ggspot: okie, causeway bay not ulu, i confused with kowloon bay...anyway, the point is, please stop advertising such 'big posters' in the thread. maybe u can post in market place and put a link in your signature instead of posting it in the thread every now and then (and remove the old advertisement when u post new advertisement)
Old 17-04-2007, 06:36 PM   #1361
Arch-Supremacy Member

the airport express allows u free transfer to MTR if i remember correctly, thus,

when i went mongkok, i took the airport express to tsing yi and then transfer 2 time to mongkok
if u want to take bus, it's possible also, as the bus at the very least goes to mongkok, then u can switch to mtr to YMT even if the bus does not goes to YMCA. anyway, i think u can see which hotel is near YMCA and drop there

how about if i take bus A21 from the airport? Here's the map from the hotel website. Don't think i can miss the stop rite? are the bus stops labelled?

Old 17-04-2007, 07:32 PM   #1362

Exclamation

ggspot: okie, causeway bay not ulu, i confused with kowloon bay...anyway, the point is, please stop advertising such 'big posters' in the thread. maybe u can post in market place and put a link in your signature instead of posting it in the thread every now and then (and remove the old advertisement when u post new advertisement)
I had aready deleted all my old ad and updated started from 25 feb 2007.
If there change in ad i will updated them and posted them in.
Old 17-04-2007, 07:35 PM   #1363

NCPRINT:
i think i bought a bag @ 80RMB (they first offered me 200) but i can't actually remember so don't dare to put such a low amount in the forum lest i gave a wrong amount (no one will complain if they can slash more, but if i say 80, and they cannot get 80, i'll get screamed at )
anyway, doubt the watches are worth 40RMB only cause it's quite a solid watch and it's a fully automatic watch...u mean to say it's cheaper than the bags? can't be right?

btw, u got shenzhen/guanzhong shop till you drop package? but let's say i've already got flight there liao, i only need a tour guide possible?
doubt i'll be staying anywhere else in shenzhen except in queen's spa (got massage and free stay for only 170RMB each...heehee)

no problem

i can bring you to stay at the hotel near my place.

your flight is from singapore to where?
Old 17-04-2007, 07:42 PM   #1364

how about if i take bus A21 from the airport? Here's the map from the hotel website. Don't think i can miss the stop rite? are the bus stops labelled?
If you are worried about miss the bus stop. Please kindly make some enquries from the bus driver will tell you how many bus stop is away from there.

if you are still lost please kindly contact the hotel management to guide you to the hotel.

The Hotel you will be staying as i had styed there before. Not bad but quite moisy place i must say.
Old 17-04-2007, 08:15 PM   #1365

found a very nice website regards about HK Travel

http://www.hktvl.com/playing.htm
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.