HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2007, 09:11 PM   #1396
Arch-Supremacy Member

taku:

yipfatt only 2 hr? i think need to walk fast then. stuff in yip fatt are not tt well organized. the last time i went, went to top floor. then walk down from top floor passing by each floor to see if there's warehouse sale. not every floor have stuff for sale.

iirc, the night market closes at ard 12am earliest.

after symphony, u might wanna go lan gui fang for clubbing or experience the pubbing lifestyle there

u should go peak during late afternoon/evening time
preferably not during wk end (the queue will kill u)
or if u go during wkend, can buy the tickets to mdm tusards wax museum to 'jump' the queue.
why go during late afternoon? so u can see hk in the daylight and go for dinner, then see hk in night where all the lights are on

repulse bay take 260 from central and 260 back. prepare youself for a roller coaster ride of your life (you'll understand when u take the bus) you can also take bus no. 6, 6A, 6X, 66, 260 from Central. but frankly speaking, i think nothing too much to rant abt in repulse bay. while in repulse, make sure to go to the mazu temple (which was recently newly renovated)

since u are @ repulse bay, u might wanna go down to stanley market (which is further down, ard 1/2 hour bus ride) and shop there (the stuff are quite ex there actually) beware that stanley closes @ 7pm which is very early

if u go to the golden flower, should go in the morning to witness the flag raising ceremony(7:50am - 8:03am Performed by five Police officers wearing the normal police uniform, and broadcast of National Anthem. Catch the official, daily flag raising at the Golden Bauhinia Square located outside the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre. Take the MTR to Wan Chai Station, leaving from the A1 Exit. Walk across the footbridge, head right and through the lobby of Central Plaza, continue on across the connecting overhead walkway, then descend to ground level. Head towards the waterfront ahead, and you will find the statue and monument on the left.)

wong tai sin - went there for lunch the other time (vegetarian). 4 dishes for HKD100 only and trust me, you can't finish it, there's so much dishes. advice is not to take too much rice first(rice is self service). paid HKD120 as read in the temple that the money goes to charity

u might wanna skip some of your mongkok night shopping and go jalan in TST all the way to mongkok, the whole road, nathan road, is littered with shops and ppl in night. (even at midnight, u can see lots of ppl walking along nathan

while in TST, do go to penisular hotel just to take a look

i went hk for 10 days(-3 days for shenzhen and macau, left 7 days) and thus had the opportunity to jalan much more places
above information are all based in 2006 dec when i went to hk, u might wanna double confirm that it's still valid now

excellent info, especially the golden flower thing, i'll make sure i catch that ceremony, then find some 茶餐厅 around wan chai to have my breakfast.

As for yip fatt, actually i'm planning to be there for the whole 4pm till they close. What time do they close? What kind of shops does APM have?
Old 19-04-2007, 09:26 PM   #1397
Supremacy Member

excellent info, especially the golden flower thing, i'll make sure i catch that ceremony, then find some 茶餐厅 around wan chai to have my breakfast.

As for yip fatt, actually i'm planning to be there for the whole 4pm till they close. What time do they close? What kind of shops does APM have?
not too sure abt wat time yip fatt closes as that time i went just before lunch.
APM i think not much shops too (more are quite up market i think, only remember there's a rip curl/quick silver shop)

try looking for a thread my chao_monkey, i got my factory outlet info from chao monkey's thread
Old 19-04-2007, 09:34 PM   #1398

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showt...nkey+hong+kong
qqspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 09:47 PM   #1399
Arch-Supremacy Member

not too sure abt wat time yip fatt closes as that time i went just before lunch.
APM i think not much shops too (more are quite up market i think, only remember there's a rip curl/quick silver shop)

try looking for a thread my chao_monkey, i got my factory outlet info from chao monkey's thread

that list is huge..don't think i got the time to spare man...heard that citigate + yi fatt can get most of the brands already rite?
Old 19-04-2007, 10:13 PM   #1400
Supremacy Member

citigate and yifatt are 2 buildings where there are many shops. there are others 'warehouse' type of shops as well if u dun have time to spare to go one by one.

refer to chao monkey's thread for more detail on brands

from what i remember, citigate have:
nike, adidas, new balance, levis, timberland, espirit. rest of the brands can't remember as i'm not really interested in them
Old 19-04-2007, 10:40 PM   #1401
Supremacy Member

went to yungkee's website , and saw the no smoking sign (gd news for me). in the past, when u eat at restaurent in hk, ppl will smoke inside those smaller ones (bigger ones normally have 2 section, 1 for smoker, and 1 for non. now, can eat in smoke free environment liao

Last edited by universe; 19-04-2007 at 10:51 PM..
universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 06:54 PM   #1402

For Smokers going to Hong Kong
http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/...nfo_heal.jhtml

The following establishments have been allowed to defer their non-smoking classification until 1 July 2009.
http://www.tobaccocontrol.gov.hk/eng...lishments.html
Old 20-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #1403

A lot of websites are saying that Granville Road has factory outlet stores but I havent seen anyone write up about it.. Can anyone tell me whther there are outlet shops there catering for guys??

Another question, if I've already been to citygate, is there a need for me to go to yip fatt as they have the same kind of shops?

Thanks if you're able to help me out
cutester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2007, 01:44 AM   #1404
Arch-Supremacy Member

hey guys, can check with u, what kind of power socket does hongkong use? same as singapore?
takuyazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2007, 03:13 AM   #1405

Hi takuyazzz, Same as Singapore UK Socket, unless you going to mainland China
Old 21-04-2007, 05:03 PM   #1406
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks for the reply qqspot..

btw, any suggestions wat we can do in the morning? between 830am to 11am when the shops open...cos after the flag raising at the golden flower, dunno what to do le..
takuyazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2007, 07:13 AM   #1407

Food Search in Hong Kong

www.openrice.com
www.foodbyweb.com.hk
Old 22-04-2007, 07:45 AM   #1408
Arch-Supremacy Member

yum cha! that's what the locals do. a wonderful HK tradition. The low end restaurants are good and cheaper than in SG.

s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2007, 11:23 AM   #1409

Make your resrvation 1st

http://www.yungkee.com.hk/reserve/reserve-e.html

if no booking.. can go there Ta bao??? will they entertain u ?
nwy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2007, 02:43 PM   #1410

Does Shenzhen acccept HK dollars or RMB? How much discount to start with? Any place to recommend?
westcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.