HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2007, 09:51 PM   #1456
Supremacy Member

Jetstar, used to provide In-Town service until 2003

UA, SQ & CX still able to Check In with In-Town Service.

All Airport Express ticket single trip are valid for 24 hours.
You still able to go out of the station to shop again within 24 hours window.

Usually what you can do was. Check in 24hrs earlier or a few hours early and take a cab, mtr, bus to go shopping and then go airport AT LEAST 1.5 - 2 Hours before your flights.

Matthew Fam, noted and really sorry.
You are always welcome to contribute helpful information (which you are always doing), just minus the personal advert will do
Matthew Fam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:14 PM   #1457
Supremacy Member

you sure you're not staying to watch the fireworks at disney?

anyway, my plan for disney is as follows, will be going in about a weeks time:

10am Disney
3pm Exit Disney, head over to citigate outlets
7.30pm head back to disney for fireworks
Wow, won't it incur quite abit of cost and time to ply to and fro for the citigate?
Old 07-05-2007, 10:21 PM   #1458
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wow, won't it incur quite abit of cost and time to ply to and fro for the citigate?

got the octopus tourist pass mah, unlimited rides...2 stops away only, abt 15mins ride each way...don't think i'll be able to stay at disney from 10am all the way to 8pm...so came up with this arrangement, which was suggested by someone earlier in the thread..die die must catch the fireworks..
takuyazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #1459

No Offence, seriously the best firework in Hong Kong will be this year of the return of 10 year of SAR.

Date; 1st July 2007

It will be the best and grand ever in the 10 year of SAR.
qqspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:14 PM   #1460

Hi folks, I am going to HK 22May-25May...

Would like to find out, if I want to go to the Peak, what time is the best?
Also, is the Wax Museum thingy there?
In this case, what time should go there?
What else can I go there?
How do I go there?

Thanks... and sorry for the string of questions asked.
jerriez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:20 PM   #1461

Smile

jerriez, you answers can be found here

http://www.thepeak.com.hk/full/en/location.php

Last edited by qqspot; 07-05-2007 at 11:22 PM..
Old 07-05-2007, 11:59 PM   #1462
Supremacy Member

got the octopus tourist pass mah, unlimited rides...2 stops away only, abt 15mins ride each way...don't think i'll be able to stay at disney from 10am all the way to 8pm...so came up with this arrangement, which was suggested by someone earlier in the thread..die die must catch the fireworks..
Quite true also But the unlimited ride pass seems a tad too expensive... Getting a normal $150 Octupus card seems more economical unless intend to pay HK$50 to keep it as sourvenior.

I was wondering, nobody in the forum asked about WIFI access in Hong Kong. Right now Singapore have its own FREE islandwide WiFi access (at least around town areas, all mac donalds).

Does HK also have similar FREE WIFI? If yes, where is the most widespread place that offer free WIFI?

Anywhere that show which hotel have FREE wifi/broadband facilities? Certain countries they have hotel offering FREE WIFI for guest, but it seems a rare sign in HK and Singapore.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:17 AM   #1463

Matthew Fam, Wi Fi Spots in Hong Kong can be easily found at the listed website below.
PCCW Wi-Fi
http://wireless.netvigator.com/eng/

Fon Hong Kong
www.fonhk.com/?p=80
http://www.fonhk.com/?cat=1
http://maps.fon.com/?lt=22.3&ln=114.16&zm=11&lang=en

Smartone-Vodaphone
http://www.getmoving.com.hk/main.html
Old 08-05-2007, 12:23 AM   #1464
Arch-Supremacy Member

Quite true also But the unlimited ride pass seems a tad too expensive... Getting a normal $150 Octupus card seems more economical unless intend to pay HK$50 to keep it as sourvenior.

I was wondering, nobody in the forum asked about WIFI access in Hong Kong. Right now Singapore have its own FREE islandwide WiFi access (at least around town areas, all mac donalds).

Does HK also have similar FREE WIFI? If yes, where is the most widespread place that offer free WIFI?

Anywhere that show which hotel have FREE wifi/broadband facilities? Certain countries they have hotel offering FREE WIFI for guest, but it seems a rare sign in HK and Singapore.

i think the tourist pass is alright, since i'm taking airport express to hotel..

HK$220 for 3 days, $50 of which is refundable..airport express line ticket is already around hk$80..

so i think a lot depends on whether u'll be taking the AEL..
Old 08-05-2007, 12:48 AM   #1465
Supremacy Member

All the links are not really free it seems. FON also need a FON adaptor in order to use it. Hiak.

Thanks anyway
Old 08-05-2007, 02:31 AM   #1466

Matthew Fam, HKIA Hong Kong Airport had Free Wi-Fi
http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news06/412-FreeWiFi.shtml

All Hong Kong McDonald's are able to support FREE WI FI Access Point same as Singapore Confirm & Tested myself!!
www.mcdonalds.com.hk/indexe.htm

OR the Free Wi Fi listed below

Systech Telecom offers free Wi-Fi - requires registration - within several shopping malls.
(1) Tsim Sha Tsui Centre, Hong Kong
(2) Empire Centre, Hong Kong
(3) China Hong Kong City (Ferry Terminal), Hong Kong
(4) Olympian City 1, Hong Kong
(5) Olympian City 2, Hong Kong
(6) Island Resort Mall, Hong Kong
(7) Tuen Mum Town Plaza, Hong Kong.

Discovery Bay area Discovery Bay Resident Club - lobby, reading room, patio, pool side, Tai Pak Bar, Cafe Greenery and function rooms
Discovery Bay Office Centre - business centre
Club Siena - reading room
Discovery Bay Piers - waiting area
Discovery Bay Piazza - all outdoor sitting area

Floors 1 to 4 of the World Trade Centre (shopping and restaurant area) in Causeway Bay
International Finance Center in Central
Shun Tak Centre in Sheung Wan

Pai Tau Rest. - 15 Pai Tau Village - Sha Tin
Zambra Coffee - 239 Jaffe Road, Wan Chai
Festival Walk shopping center - 80 Tat Chee Avenue
Kosmo Coffee - corner of D'Aguilar and Wellington in Lan Kwai Fong
Crema Coffee - G36 Peninsula Centre, 67 Mody Road Tsim Sha Tsui East , Kowloon - 2369 0338
The Kowloon Hotel Hong Kong - all guest rooms, retaurants and bar - 19 - 21, Nathan Road Tsimshatsui - Kowloon
Island Shangri-La - lobby and function rooms - Pacific Place, Supreme Court Road - Central - (852) 2877 3838
Kowloon Shangri-La - lobby - 64 Mody Road, Tsimshatsui East - Kowloon - (852) 2721 2111
China Ferry Terminal
Old 08-05-2007, 02:35 AM   #1467

Matthew Fam, Now the most fun part is IF YOU ARE LUCKY!!

Hong Kong Taxis Offer Free Access to HSDPA USB Modem

This program just started from April 2007 by Smartone-Vodaphone
Saw this personally on the Hong Kong E-Zone Magazine!!
Old 08-05-2007, 02:36 AM   #1468

This is part of the ad campaign paid by Vodafone Hong Kong in an attempt to boost their 3.5G data subscription. As of this writing, not all 15,000 cabs are outfitted with the modem; so, if you want to get free mobile Internet, watch for taxis with a Vodafone modem mini-billboard mounted atop their roof. The initial response to the program came back extremely positive. Some people even refused to leave at their destination in order to finish the download.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:41 AM   #1469

Smile

i think the tourist pass is alright, since i'm taking airport express to hotel..

HK$220 for 3 days, $50 of which is refundable..airport express line ticket is already around hk$80..

so i think a lot depends on whether u'll be taking the AEL..

Cheap aready liao, where got expansive. I remember i took Van Chai (16 Seater Bus), around HKD10 - 15 liao!!

Fares can be found here!!
http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/train/ae_ticket.htm
  1. The purchase price includes a HK$50 refundable deposit and entitles 1 ride or 2 rides Airport Express Single Journey(s) of any distance to or from Airport Station and 3-days of unlimited MTR rides^.(excluding the Airport Express Line)
  2. The use of this card is restricted to tourists who are non-Hong Kong residents and have stayed in Hong Kong not more than 14 days. A valid passport or similar valid proof of tourist status must be shown at the time of purchase.
  3. The card is valid for immediate use or for use up to 180 days from the date of purchase.
  4. When using this card to travel on the network, the holder may at any time be required by MTR staff to produce for inspection his/her valid passport or similar valid proof of tourist status.
  5. Journey(s) on the Airport Express between Airport and AsiaWorld-Expo will not be counted as the Airport Express single journey(s) available for use with this card but normal fare will be charged.
  6. Cards which malfunction can be processed at any Airport Express or MTR Customer Service Centre.
  7. The Airport Express single journey(s) and the 3-day unlimited MTR rides ^ (excluding the Airport Express Line) are non-refundable.
  8. The card can be retained as a souvenir or returned to any Airport Express or MTR Customer Service Centre for a refund of the card deposit and any additional remaining usable value##. (Refund of the card deposit is subject to the deduction of any negative value or payment for damage to the card)
  9. If the claim for additional remaining usable value is over HK$500##, the card will be returned to MTR headquarters for processing. Customers may be required to bear the delivery cost of any refund.
  10. These terms and conditions do not apply to any Airport Express Tourist Octopus issued before 1 November 2000.
^ The 3-day unlimited MTR rides <excluding the Airport Express Line journey(s)> will start from the time of the first MTR journey.

## Additional value can be added to the card for use on other major transport services or vending machines or shops displaying the Octopus logo.

For details, please call MTR Hotline at (852) 2881 8888.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:55 AM   #1470
Arch-Supremacy Member

Cheap aready liao, where got expansive. I remember i took Van Chai (16 Seater Bus), around HKD10 - 15 liao!!

Fares can be found here!!
http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/train/ae_ticket.htm
  1. The purchase price includes a HK$50 refundable deposit and entitles 1 ride or 2 rides Airport Express Single Journey(s) of any distance to or from Airport Station and 3-days of unlimited MTR rides^.(excluding the Airport Express Line)
  2. The use of this card is restricted to tourists who are non-Hong Kong residents and have stayed in Hong Kong not more than 14 days. A valid passport or similar valid proof of tourist status must be shown at the time of purchase.
  3. The card is valid for immediate use or for use up to 180 days from the date of purchase.
  4. When using this card to travel on the network, the holder may at any time be required by MTR staff to produce for inspection his/her valid passport or similar valid proof of tourist status.
  5. Journey(s) on the Airport Express between Airport and AsiaWorld-Expo will not be counted as the Airport Express single journey(s) available for use with this card but normal fare will be charged.
  6. Cards which malfunction can be processed at any Airport Express or MTR Customer Service Centre.
  7. The Airport Express single journey(s) and the 3-day unlimited MTR rides ^ (excluding the Airport Express Line) are non-refundable.
  8. The card can be retained as a souvenir or returned to any Airport Express or MTR Customer Service Centre for a refund of the card deposit and any additional remaining usable value##. (Refund of the card deposit is subject to the deduction of any negative value or payment for damage to the card)
  9. If the claim for additional remaining usable value is over HK$500##, the card will be returned to MTR headquarters for processing. Customers may be required to bear the delivery cost of any refund.
  10. These terms and conditions do not apply to any Airport Express Tourist Octopus issued before 1 November 2000.
^ The 3-day unlimited MTR rides <excluding the Airport Express Line journey(s)> will start from the time of the first MTR journey.

## Additional value can be added to the card for use on other major transport services or vending machines or shops displaying the Octopus logo.

For details, please call MTR Hotline at (852) 2881 8888.

ya..i also say it's cheap ma...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.