Touring Hong Kong? Come ask me!

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, i'm taking scoot to hk.. so will arrive in the morning.. then take A21 to jordan area for my accomodation.. just to check.. for the bus A21, do i pay cash or i need to get the octopus card at airport? so early where can i get octopus in airport ar? thanks!

got a counter to buy tix outside that entrance of the airport.

octopus card can buy from the area to take the airport express if the trains start running already.

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, i'm taking scoot to hk.. so will arrive in the morning.. then take A21 to jordan area for my accomodation.. just to check.. for the bus A21, do i pay cash or i need to get the octopus card at airport? so early where can i get octopus in airport ar? thanks!

Don't think A21 starts that early. The airport counter that sells Octopus cards should be operating by the time you are out of customs if not mistaken. If you are buying SIM card at the airport, most shops open at 7am. By the time you finish buying the SIM card, you can go and buy the Octopus card.

It's not a long wait, because by the time you clear customs it will be 6+. Then buy SIM card, it's almost 7. Buy Octopus card and take airport express or bus if available.

If you are really that early, go Mac and have a breakfast first, lol.

purplebanana

Reaction score
reaching hk airport at 540am.. and i got sim card already.. so just need to clear customs (maybe take an hour?) then can take bus to jordan liao.. my friend say the bus go straight to our accomodation place so it's more convenient than taking the airport express trains.. cos the train need to transfer and transfer lol~

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
reaching hk airport at 540am.. and i got sim card already.. so just need to clear customs (maybe take an hour?) then can take bus to jordan liao.. my friend say the bus go straight to our accomodation place so it's more convenient than taking the airport express trains.. cos the train need to transfer and transfer lol~
ah, 5:40am? Should be ok lah.

By the way, what hotel and how much it costs? And when you going?

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i booked from airbnb.. 2 double bed (can fit 4 person) at around $640 like that.. for 4 nights.
not bad at all, how many people going?

though, for me, if going with friends, can just go for dorm room. Save even more money and use that for food/transportation. Not going to hang around in the room all day anyway. Wake up/bath and just chiong out. Come back bath and hit the bed. Early morning go out chiong again. So you only really need a bed, and not a room.

The one I went to recently (been there twice liao), really clean for a hostel with dorm rooms (got single rooms also). For the shared bath, if you get up like really early (like 6am plus in the morning), there is little competition for the toilet.

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes, take trains need to transfer, but take bus no need, assuming the bus goes to the place you want to go.

Then I guess you got to wait till the MTR counter opens at 7am. Eat breakfast at the airport first lo...

Or walk around to find food... then buy Octopus cards from nearby stations or convenience stores.

midlife

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
budget? preference to stay at TST side or Central side? go to Hongkong before?

prefer central area

any recommendations for apartment type?

went once before but i forgot where i went alr hahhaa, i rmb victoria peak and go to crystal cabin and the giant buddha

LoveHurtsDeeply

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

OK bro, you encounter the same thing as most scoot flyers. Firstly I guess you will reach HK at about 6am. My advise take the MTR. Buy the octopus card for visitors, a blue one for HK200. Enables you to have a 3 day free travel on the train. No need to get the HK300 one. The chances of you taking the return ride to the airport using the express train is low. I guess you are taking the early morning flight at 7am back. You need to check in early around 530am maybe and it's more advisable to take a cab. Can cost approximately less than HK300 one way direct to the airport. Depending on where you stay, I stayed at Jordan and the ride is approximately 20 mins during the unearthly hour. Dun take the airport bus N21 which thou is available thru the night at rather periodically half hourly unless you are travelling light.
On the last day before 12 midnight on the day you depart, you can refund the octopus card and get HK50 back at any MTR station. Unlikely will use it unless you are a frequent traveller like me to Hongkong or you want to keep as a souvenir.

LoveHurtsDeeply

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i booked from airbnb.. 2 double bed (can fit 4 person) at around $640 like that.. for 4 nights.

You going budget?
Actually the hotel rates are not that expensive. Can consider BP International, quite well located and convenient to get to the popular spots in HongKong. Across the road also got good food and temple street further down. If your leg power is good then can walk down to kowloon also. Haha.

purplebanana

Reaction score
not bad at all, how many people going?

though, for me, if going with friends, can just go for dorm room. Save even more money and use that for food/transportation. Not going to hang around in the room all day anyway. Wake up/bath and just chiong out. Come back bath and hit the bed. Early morning go out chiong again. So you only really need a bed, and not a room.

The one I went to recently (been there twice liao), really clean for a hostel with dorm rooms (got single rooms also). For the shared bath, if you get up like really early (like 6am plus in the morning), there is little competition for the toilet.

3 pax going.. normally my trips i book airbnb.. like hk, taiwan, bali these kind.. more wu hua than hotels..

OK bro, you encounter the same thing as most scoot flyers. Firstly I guess you will reach HK at about 6am. My advise take the MTR. Buy the octopus card for visitors, a blue one for HK200. Enables you to have a 3 day free travel on the train. No need to get the HK300 one. The chances of you taking the return ride to the airport using the express train is low. I guess you are taking the early morning flight at 7am back. You need to check in early around 530am maybe and it's more advisable to take a cab. Can cost approximately less than HK300 one way direct to the airport. Depending on where you stay, I stayed at Jordan and the ride is approximately 20 mins during the unearthly hour. Dun take the airport bus N21 which thou is available thru the night at rather periodically half hourly unless you are travelling light.
On the last day before 12 midnight on the day you depart, you can refund the octopus card and get HK50 back at any MTR station. Unlikely will use it unless you are a frequent traveller like me to Hongkong or you want to keep as a souvenir.

thanks! will consider that! i remember the last time i went hk took the airport express.. then reached yau ma tei mtr we had to lug the luggages up from mtr station.. that was why my friends suggested take the A21 bus instead of taking mtr... don't need transfer trains and don't need lug luggages from mtr stations up..

You going budget?
Actually the hotel rates are not that expensive. Can consider BP International, quite well located and convenient to get to the popular spots in HongKong. Across the road also got good food and temple street further down. If your leg power is good then can walk down to kowloon also. Haha.

ya we go budget one... i feel hk hotels are expensive leh.. like sg prices.. lol!

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
prefer central area

any recommendations for apartment type?

went once before but i forgot where i went alr hahhaa, i rmb victoria peak and go to crystal cabin and the giant buddha
If you were looking at TST area side, there are many options of budget hotels/hostels, where you can get a cheap room for yourself or 2 people or just a couple of beds in a dorm.

If you are looking at central area, better to go with airbnb options, rather than staying at the hotels. Can find cheaper than the hotels, and also if you encounter a good host, they can recommend you good/new/hip places to go.

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any one buy from DingDing before?
1. Can order online or must buy from their office?
2. The price for the Disneyland tickets seems not updated and getting 404 if you click on it.
www.hkzhan.com/ticket/index.aspx

Thanks.
I did walk-in purchase at DingDing. No idea about Disneyland prices.
- Ocean Park (Adult) - HKD300
- Ngong Ping 360 (Adult) - HKD195 (Crystal Cabin and two-way. Think can just buy one-way ticket. Or even skip the cable car ticket and just take bus there)
- 3D Musuem - HKD125

Can even buy Octopus card and Sim card from them if needed. Didn't check the sim card prices.

Buying online and doing walk-in purchase is about the same price, after factoring the exchange rate if you are using CC to buy.

Their office address is
旺角弥敦道582号信和中心1403B(乘坐地铁到旺角站E2出口步行100米)
582 Nathan Road, Sino Centre, #1403B (Mongkok MTR exit E2, then walk 100m)

kakapone

Reaction score
I did walk-in purchase at DingDing. No idea about Disneyland prices.
- Ocean Park (Adult) - HKD300
- Ngong Ping 360 (Adult) - HKD195 (Crystal Cabin and two-way. Think can just buy one-way ticket. Or even skip the cable car ticket and just take bus there)
- 3D Musuem - HKD125

Can even buy Octopus card and Sim card from them if needed. Didn't check the sim card prices.

Buying online and doing walk-in purchase is about the same price, after factoring the exchange rate if you are using CC to buy.

Their office address is
旺角弥敦道582号信和中心1403B(乘坐地铁到旺角站E2出口步行100米)
582 Nathan Road, Sino Centre, #1403B (Mongkok MTR exit E2, then walk 100m)

Is the ticket fixed dates. Or have vailidity period?

I mean for example, the ocean park ticket does it have mentioned period of dates that valid?

luv_boa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I mean for example, the ocean park ticket does it have mentioned period of dates that valid?

Bought before and their expiry date is quite near. About 2 weeks later but of course I used it within a few days so not to worry

kaisoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No, don't have validity period. You can ask the Dingding staff when you get there, and then check the tickets before handing over the money.

Ngong Ping and 3D have to exchange at the counters when you reach there. For Ngong Ping especially, you can just skip the long queue and join the shorter queue, reserved for those with agent tickets. If blur, when you reach the queue, just ask the staff there. There is one or two staff stationed near the queues to guide the tourists. They will guide you to the respective queue. Remember to bring your passport.

Really can skip the cable car thing. Waste of money. If really want to take, just get the one-way ticket (I think there is one-way ticket).

Dingding also got packages for Ngong Ping. So just ask when you get to the office.

Ocean Park I straight away go in, there wasn't a need to exchange anything.

GoToSea

Reaction score
the peak tram only got 1 queue, for both ticket buying and octopus, saw the sign there that both need to join the queue, which is really wasting time. when it is my turn at ticket counter i just wave my card and walk straight to the gate. not sure whether will tio scold or not if i just skip the queue.

GoToSea

Reaction score
anyone know any good clean place for shoulder and neck massage? dun want the exp one, and dun wan hanky panky. TIA.. really need to fix my shoulder pain.

midlife

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you were looking at TST area side, there are many options of budget hotels/hostels, where you can get a cheap room for yourself or 2 people or just a couple of beds in a dorm.

If you are looking at central area, better to go with airbnb options, rather than staying at the hotels. Can find cheaper than the hotels, and also if you encounter a good host, they can recommend you good/new/hip places to go.

thank you very much!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.