2020 LG TVs discussion thread

Firstclass1188

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Before you buy an OLED TV, watch this.

This is the year of mini LEDs, no burn in, brighter and bigger volume space.

I got a super cheap Prism + and will wait it out.

Sent from Corp Pass, SingPass, I'm not stupid, I'm not old. using GAGT

Last edited:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine LG 65CX arrived... Gorgeous display... Lol.. But got 1 problem.. Why I can't update and install apps? I using wifi and lan both also cannot.. But can watch YouTube etc... The installer use his own data Hotspot then can update..

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine LG 65CX arrived... Gorgeous display... Lol.. But got 1 problem.. Why I can't update and install apps? I using wifi and lan both also cannot.. But can watch YouTube etc... The installer use his own data Hotspot then can update..

Should be can. Update the OS to the latest first.

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice. So 2021 have to look at new models with miniLed. What is the starting price for 65" miniLeD?

Last edited:

slasherkenshin

Reaction score
Nice. So 2021 have to look at new models with miniLed. What is the starting price for 65" miniLeD?

Not announced yet for sg I think but based on all the press and videos on YouTube it should be one level lower than OLEDs - maybe ard 3k for 65”? (At launch?)

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe got issue. Then now can watch Netflix YouTube all these?

Can watch only after I update YouTube app using data hot spot.... Think should be router firewall problem.. But I search internet.. Many got problem also

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can watch only after I update YouTube app using data hot spot.... Think should be router firewall problem.. But I search internet.. Many got problem also

Sometimes, must disable wifi and turn on again. Somehow this tv internal Wi-Fi chip sucks

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, must disable wifi and turn on again. Somehow this tv internal Wi-Fi chip sucks

But then.. I connect ethernet also can't.. Funny sia... Youtube all work flawlesy.. Just that LG content got issue... Knn

Firstclass1188

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Go to 3:29 for price for 55 inch.

In 3 years time the big brands will follow about the same pricing, no point buying $3k TVs now, the revolution of mini leds is happening in 2021.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But then.. I connect ethernet also can't.. Funny sia... Youtube all work flawlesy.. Just that LG content got issue... Knn

Maybe need try reset. But agree that the LG tv must have some improvements, such as faster web browser, keyboard mouse compatibility. Bluetooth keyboard works.

Need faster Ethernet or wifi speed.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe need try reset. But agree that the LG tv must have some improvements, such as faster web browser, keyboard mouse compatibility. Bluetooth keyboard works.

Need faster Ethernet or wifi speed.

Resets few time lioaz.. Even for modem and router.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. maybe need call LG come down check. Shouldn’t have this issue. But if have, most likely is router.

Cannot be router issue.. Cause can connect to internet.. Can use wifi to update firmware. Can use wifi and lan to watch YouTube. . Likely is the LG content issue.

ardneh

Reaction score
Hmm.. maybe need call LG come down check. Shouldn’t have this issue. But if have, most likely is router.

I have similar issue in the past with Dlink NAS product. I cannot access Dlink store to install any app. The NAS can access internet and be accessed from anywhere within the same network and external network. So it wasn’t network or router.

The solution was to configure Google DNS inside DLink. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Can you try to configure this in your LG TV?

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score

i using 65cx. no such problem.

maybe your set below 3.5k thats why got this problem hahaha. kidding.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.