Old 07-08-2018, 01:34 PM   #196
Arch-Supremacy Member

The one from Courts Enhance Protection reads:

Accidental damage
(one-time claim; up to 3 years)

* Covers damage caused by physical impact or liquid spillage

* Covers cracked screen, lenses and glass panels

https://www.courts.com.sg/guru/warra...-entertainment
So degarded panel is not covered as is not a defects.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 01:36 PM   #197
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can anyone enlighten what to check for when getting display sets?

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT
For OLED, never get a displayed unit. For LED/LCD, some brand can display power on hours. Never take salesman words of unit just put up a few days ago.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:53 PM   #198
Supremacy Member

Just for info....saw BEST Denki selling Philips OLED 55 inch 4k tv at S$2499.

https://www.bestdenki.com.sg/oled-tv...ps/55pos901f12

https://www.trustedreviews.com/revie...os901f-oled-tv

Last edited by Norman Chan; 08-08-2018 at 02:59 PM..
Norman Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:47 PM   #199

For OLED, never get a displayed unit. For LED/LCD, some brand can display power on hours. Never take salesman words of unit just put up a few days ago.
I tend to be skeptical when it comes to display set. You never know how they treat the display set and how long it has been left there. Imagine having the tv switched on, running through the same video sequence for close to 12 hours a day.

However I made an exception when they told me that the tv model that I wanted to buy, they had an open set with a further discount on the set. They told me that someone bought it, wanted to mount it at home but realised it was too big. In the end the buyer had to return the set and get a smaller one. The opened set was left in the store for 3 days at a discount before it caught my attention. I asked for proof of the purchase that it was just 3 days ago and sure enough they had a copy of the invoice. So I snapped it up at a lower cost. So far so good.
icheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:53 PM   #200

Yah true. If u go harvey norman millenia walk can see a whole wall of different tvs all look almost the same haha.
The main question is; how much of a premium are you willing to pay for a small, incremental increase in specs and performance? Minor spec bumps from model to model with improved picture quality usually have diminishing returns, in a sense that you have to pay so much more for an added feature that adds very little benefit.

Always good to stay within your budget and critically ask yourself; how much more will you enjoy with the improvement you will ultimately get for the price you are going to pay?

A good example will be TVs of the same model, but released last year and this year. For most cases, the improvements are so minor that you won't see a difference, yet you can potentially get a good deal with discounts due to clearance of old stocks or models.
icheb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:06 PM   #201

The main question is; how much of a premium are you willing to pay for a small, incremental increase in specs and performance? Minor spec bumps from model to model with improved picture quality usually have diminishing returns, in a sense that you have to pay so much more for an added feature that adds very little benefit.

Always good to stay within your budget and critically ask yourself; how much more will you enjoy with the improvement you will ultimately get for the price you are going to pay?

A good example will be TVs of the same model, but released last year and this year. For most cases, the improvements are so minor that you won't see a difference, yet you can potentially get a good deal with discounts due to clearance of old stocks or models.
Some of what you say is true but the new models aren’t always facelifts or incremental improvement ones.. it’s important to do your homework carefully and find out more about the differences.

Use the Search Button and Read the Stickies!

My home theatre gear and my blog:

http://peteswrite.blogspot.sg/2018/0...tup-32018.html
petetherock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 11:56 PM   #202

Has anyone bought samsung UA58NU7103? Saw it selling $1699 at courts but cant find any review out there. Im considering this and sharp lc60ua6500. Can anyone give some feedback? This is going to be my first smart tv as my old normal tv has broken down. Tia
piyozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:20 AM   #203

Has anyone bought samsung UA58NU7103? Saw it selling $1699 at courts but cant find any review out there. Im considering this and sharp lc60ua6500. Can anyone give some feedback? This is going to be my first smart tv as my old normal tv has broken down. Tia
Don't get NU7100, get NU7400 much better in terms of colour technology and remote. NU7100 is new colour tech plus new remote.

7100 is using PurColour tech and traditional remote.
7400is using Dynamic Crystal Colour tech and One Remote.

Last edited by wwh5210; 10-08-2018 at 09:22 AM..
wwh5210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:39 AM   #204
Supremacy Member

where can get 2017 models?
batniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:58 PM   #205

How its possible?

Voted the Best Buy OLED TV by EISA for 2017 - 2018, this Philips 55"" 4K OLED TV from the 9002 series offers an outstanding viewing experience. With its immersive colours in 4K Ultra High Definition resolution, 55POS9002 also features a combination of Ambilight and Philips P5 picture processing engine. Encased in a razor slim design, this is the TV that many are aiming to have as part of their household.
kelvinsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:10 PM   #206
Arch-Supremacy Member

Don't get NU7100, get NU7400 much better in terms of colour technology and remote. NU7100 is new colour tech plus new remote.

7100 is using PurColour tech and traditional remote.
7400is using Dynamic Crystal Colour tech and One Remote.
Good tips.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:30 PM   #207
Supremacy Member

How its possible?

Voted the Best Buy OLED TV by EISA for 2017 - 2018, this Philips 55"" 4K OLED TV from the 9002 series offers an outstanding viewing experience. With its immersive colours in 4K Ultra High Definition resolution, 55POS9002 also features a combination of Ambilight and Philips P5 picture processing engine. Encased in a razor slim design, this is the TV that many are aiming to have as part of their household.
第一代產品必定會貴嘅。。。第二代POS902/9002或者會平D,小小嘍。。。都係睇總公司要點樣將產品打入一般收入家庭啦。我祗係希望佢地第二代產品會掛番上“Matchline”嘅標誌。。。向世人表明“飛利浦番嚟啦!”嘅“高品質”信息。
Ed.YEO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:01 PM   #208
Arch-Supremacy Member

How its possible?

Sometime, these review write out is needed to understand by region and time that product get voted. As other brands/products may not be available at the time of review.

Best buy does not means you get best after sales support too.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:16 PM   #209

1st of all, we need to know who is the organiser of EISA....EISA - European Imaging and Sound Association...and Philips, an European brand...the dutch will also design something which appeal to the local european market.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:15 PM   #210

1st of all, we need to know who is the organiser of EISA....EISA - European Imaging and Sound Association...and Philips, an European brand...the dutch will also design something which appeal to the local european market.
This make more sense.
kelvinsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.