HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

50 to 65" LED / OLED / LCD TV discussion thread II [consolidated]

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2019, 03:56 PM   #751

^ agreed with what ed yeo said

normally parents will be satisfied with 49inch lcd tv.

if you have guest or friends frequent over, for gaming or sports purpose, then maybe 65inch lcd suits ur living room

then if you really into picture quality, get urself 55 oled and put it into ur personal bedroom.
Picture quality truly excels in a well controlled dark environment.

^Get 65inch for them if you planned to do this. I get a lot nag coz my bedroom tv is bigger than living room tv

Last edited by produde1999; 20-03-2019 at 04:04 PM..
produde1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 04:01 PM   #752

^ agreed with what ed yeo said

normally parents will be satisfied with 49inch lcd tv.

if you have guest or friends frequent over, for gaming or sports purpose, then maybe 65inch lcd suits ur living room

then if you really into picture quality, get urself 55 oled and put it into ur personal bedroom.
Picture quality truly excels in a well controlled dark environment.
既然係老人家用,就唔駛買規格上幾勁嘅電視俾佢地啦。就算你買架400出嘅49寸TCL電視俾老人家用,佢地都會覺得滿足嘅!
除非。。。你仲係同佢地住埋一齊,買貴買勁一齊用,一部分安慰自己,一部分與長輩分享。。。大家必撐!

如果屋企長輩一日開機時間唔連續超過4個鐘,OLED燒屏現象就有得減低。
但係老人家嘛。。。你去上班,老人家就開始追重播嘅台劇,直到下晝1點過後再睇本地製作。。。直到你放工番嚟。。。就超過4個鐘啦。

喺影像處理上,唯一可以同新力x9000f一較上下嘅LED電視,就祗有松下65FX800。因爲無安卓操作系統,價錢就一定比新力平D。考慮下!
Actually i this year 20+ only. My father keep telling me he wants 65" and OLED mum tell me dont waste money and dont use too much power. I also stuck haha. Since father paying money i trying to suit him and also i personally want a better TV so i can use PLEX to view my 4k content on PC
briencheow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 04:15 PM   #753

Actually i this year 20+ only. My father keep telling me he wants 65" and OLED mum tell me dont waste money and dont use too much power. I also stuck haha. Since father paying money i trying to suit him and also i personally want a better TV so i can use PLEX to view my 4k content on PC
haha i this year 20.

typical family situation.

At that point, i would care more about your father intended usage. Does he really care about Black level performance, which mattered less in TV shows coz they have less dark scenes. If he doesn't care, I would consider xiaomi 65 and laser projector as best alternatives.
Old 20-03-2019, 05:03 PM   #754
Supremacy Member

...My father keep telling me he wants 65" and OLED ...Since father paying money...
睇到喱兩段。。。就明白嗮啦!
有些老人家思想就係比較“傳統”。
“買得貴,就必定買得好”,所以就會相中 65EZ950 與 65X9000F。價錢幾乎一樣嘛!
帶令尊去睇下Panasonic 65FX800啦。。。或者佢會改觀咧?
Old 20-03-2019, 05:35 PM   #755
Supremacy Member

Old 20-03-2019, 05:43 PM   #756

haha i this year 20.

typical family situation.

At that point, i would care more about your father intended usage. Does he really care about Black level performance, which mattered less in TV shows coz they have less dark scenes. If he doesn't care, I would consider xiaomi 65 and laser projector as best alternatives.
Hey Produde but wouldnt the contrast provided either by local dimming/ OLED black levels be an advantage over other TVs without it. Like to my knowledge Black performance contribute alot to the end viewing pleasure of a tv. So i not sure whether xiaomi is good in that aspect anot Will go read up haha. As for Projector its a NO-GO since parents want to do built in tv feature wall. If change to projector will cause significant change to the renovation plans ongoing

睇到喱兩段。。。就明白嗮啦!
有些老人家思想就係比較“傳統”。
“買得貴,就必定買得好”,所以就會相中 65EZ950 與 65X9000F。價錢幾乎一樣嘛!
帶令尊去睇下Panasonic 65FX800啦。。。或者佢會改觀咧?
Sorry chinese not really good but you were pointing me towards Panasonic 65FX800 right?
Old 20-03-2019, 05:52 PM   #757

easy choice.
Panasonic FZ950.
jeff119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 06:14 PM   #758

easy choice.
Panasonic FZ950.
Hahaha honestly after comparing prices with x900F and Q9/Q8 seems like FZ950 is really a no brainer. But now going to research on 65" xiaomi and also 65" Panasonic FX800 as budget options Really thankful for Produde and ED
Old 20-03-2019, 06:17 PM   #759

Sorry ED parents actually said no Phillips because they have bad experience with their products haha
Old 20-03-2019, 07:49 PM   #760

Hey Produde but wouldnt the contrast provided either by local dimming/ OLED black levels be an advantage over other TVs without it. Like to my knowledge Black performance contribute alot to the end viewing pleasure of a tv. So i not sure whether xiaomi is good in that aspect anot Will go read up haha. As for Projector its a NO-GO since parents want to do built in tv feature wall. If change to projector will cause significant change to the renovation plans ongoing

Sorry chinese not really good but you were pointing me towards Panasonic 65FX800 right?
Xiaomi has local dimming. It's not perfect like OLED, but its one of the good performers among VA panels.

Black performance became less apparent if..

1. Colorful Brightful content like anime, cartoon, TV Show, Sports
2. Room is bright

imo, color performance is what really matter but so far all OLED TV, while VA only has some, has excellent color reproduction.

Laser projector projects minimum ~80inch screen
Old 20-03-2019, 08:10 PM   #761

Hahaha honestly after comparing prices with x900F and Q9/Q8 seems like FZ950 is really a no brainer. But now going to research on 65" xiaomi and also 65" Panasonic FX800 as budget options Really thankful for Produde and ED
I'm not sure how much the panasonic cost but if the price is reasonable, I would prefer it over xiaomi as xiaomi has no warranty and is originally china rom. But chances are it is cheaper than panasonic.

I recommend gg audiohouse and have a look around.
Old 20-03-2019, 09:01 PM   #762

I'm not sure how much the panasonic cost but if the price is reasonable, I would prefer it over xiaomi as xiaomi has no warranty and is originally china rom. But chances are it is cheaper than panasonic.

I recommend gg audiohouse and have a look around.
Xiaomi TV's China ROM deficiency can be easily solved by adding a Mi Box S (S$70-86) or Nvidia Shield TV (S$200++).

Use Mi TV for China apps. Use Mi Box S or Nvidia Shield TV for Netflix 4K, YouTube 4k and they have Chromecast 4k function as well.

Or if you are more into Apple Eco System, get an Apple TV 4k.

Nvidia Shield TV should beat almost all the smart TV out there in terms of raw performance. But one thing it loses to Apple TV 4k is the Dolby Atmos support under Netflix if you care for that.

The price difference of a Mi TV 65 inch or 75 inch and a correpsonfing Panasonic will be much greater than S$200.
xiaofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 10:31 PM   #763

Xiaomi has local dimming. It's not perfect like OLED, but its one of the good performers among VA panels.

Black performance became less apparent if..

1. Colorful Brightful content like anime, cartoon, TV Show, Sports
2. Room is bright

imo, color performance is what really matter but so far all OLED TV, while VA only has some, has excellent color reproduction.

Laser projector projects minimum ~80inch screen
Is Xiaomi Local dimming comparable to panasonic FX800 one? Not really expecting it to compare with Sony x900F or Q9f but dont want it to be subpar to the point where i dont have that contrast/beautiful colours.

Xiaomi TV's China ROM deficiency can be easily solved by adding a Mi Box S (S$70-86) or Nvidia Shield TV (S$200++).

Use Mi TV for China apps. Use Mi Box S or Nvidia Shield TV for Netflix 4K, YouTube 4k and they have Chromecast 4k function as well.

Or if you are more into Apple Eco System, get an Apple TV 4k.

Nvidia Shield TV should beat almost all the smart TV out there in terms of raw performance. But one thing it loses to Apple TV 4k is the Dolby Atmos support under Netflix if you care for that.

The price difference of a Mi TV 65 inch or 75 inch and a correpsonfing Panasonic will be much greater than S$200.
Completely agree on that regard Xiaofan Only downside is that i have to change source before having the ability to use cast/netflix/youtube compared to having it in built to my TV and directly controlled on a single remote. Only issue is performance in terms of colour reproduction / contrast made available by local dimming e.g. like how many zones and how effective it is implemented.

Thanks Produde and Xiaofan For Replies!! Will consult and discuss with parents again to find out the best value proposition for them
Old 20-03-2019, 10:49 PM   #764

Is Xiaomi Local dimming comparable to panasonic FX800 one? Not really expecting it to compare with Sony x900F or Q9f but dont want it to be subpar to the point where i dont have that contrast/beautiful colours.

Completely agree on that regard Xiaofan Only downside is that i have to change source before having the ability to use cast/netflix/youtube compared to having it in built to my TV and directly controlled on a single remote. Only issue is performance in terms of colour reproduction / contrast made available by local dimming e.g. like how many zones and how effective it is implemented.

Thanks Produde and Xiaofan For Replies!! Will consult and discuss with parents again to find out the best value proposition for them
Xiaomi local dimming definitely triumphs over Panasonic as Panasonic uses IPS panel for its fx800 if i remembered correctly. Xiaomi is also much newer. I'm not gonna lie but there's a chance that it could be comparable with sony x900f

My only concern with Xiaomi is the Panel durability. As they outsourced panels from One chinese brand, LG and samsung. I heard it depends on luck which panel you would receive. I've zero trust in samsung when it comes to quality control and durability.

There's also MiTV 4A and MiTV4, I think it'll be safer to get the more ex model.

But given the price difference and screen quality, I'd guess I would go with Xiaomi.

On a side note, I personally ran a long HDMI cable to desktop. There's also another chinese TV tech giant called Hisense. It's like huawei vs xiaomi. I use hisense but I wouldn't recommend it if you don't know how to export it yourself. But if you do, I recommend their latest ULED line up.

Edit: And oh i heard Hisense has released ULED XD, an inexpensive VA panel with no burn in issue that performed just like OLED but it's still on prototyping stage

Last edited by produde1999; 20-03-2019 at 10:55 PM..
Old 22-03-2019, 12:16 AM   #765
Supremacy Member

Hi Ed where did you see this p6 model? I only saw old p3 model at IMM giant, which Giant stores did you see this?
要P系列大機?

65寸賣$1200實在難以抗拒!
https://giantonline.com.sg/tcl-65p6us-uhd-5217864
台灣用家評論
https://www.mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=347&t=5493868
Ed.YEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.