50 to 65" LED / OLED / LCD TV discussion thread III [consolidated]

petetherock

Reaction score
Actually the majority support Dolby Vision HDR but one notable absentee from the list is Samsung.

If you are partial to Sony, the 9000H / 9500H should be in your budget. The former should have HDMI 2.1

TechNuB

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any 1 owns the qled tcl 55c716 ??
I saw it at giant today and was shock at how nice the color was.
Under 1k but color like oled.
Any owners can share feedback??

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TV gurus, I need help!

I have a Samsung RU7400 50" TV.

May I know why the volume balance is likes that? :s11: Left side volume (17) is higher than right side volume (15). The Sound setting (Volume Balance) on my TV is in the middle as in "0" position.

It is the same whether I'm using the TV Speaker or my Samsung Soundbar as the audio output. I can't seem to find the root cause of it. What could have gone wrong?

Left volume (17) and Right volume (15):

tqZUVab.jpg

Last edited:

katata

Reaction score
shld i go for a cheaper panasonic h1000s or the sony 9500h? I mean h1000s is oled, why is it so cheap? Will the software get outdated fast?

kickass22

Reaction score
It really depends on what you are looking for.

I got myself a Panasonic HZ1000 as I love to watch movies and they are great for that. Their true black and quality is awesome based on my view as well as av reviews across the industry.

However, if you are looking for this OLED TV to have a great Smart TV , its pretty bad. For me its not important as I have a Nvidia Shield and thus it does the work for me in regards to SMART TV.

Panasonic for its awesome quality the price point is awesome too especially if you bargain Hunt.

You can find out more about what the users of TV think from the panasonic thread here n HWZ and the european av forum.

i bought the HZ1000 after extensive research to fit my specific needs.

Hope this helps you.

shld i go for a cheaper panasonic h1000s or the sony 9500h? I mean h1000s is oled, why is it so cheap? Will the software get outdated fast?

katata

Reaction score
It really depends on what you are looking for.

I got myself a Panasonic HZ1000 as I love to watch movies and they are great for that. Their true black and quality is awesome based on my view as well as av reviews across the industry.

However, if you are looking for this OLED TV to have a great Smart TV , its pretty bad. For me its not important as I have a Nvidia Shield and thus it does the work for me in regards to SMART TV.

Panasonic for its awesome quality the price point is awesome too especially if you bargain Hunt.

You can find out more about what the users of TV think from the panasonic thread here n HWZ and the european av forum.

i bought the HZ1000 after extensive research to fit my specific needs.

Hope this helps you.

Very nice thank you very much

xbfloater

Reaction score
IMHO, if just YouTube & Netflix in 1080p / 4K with HDR / Dolby Vision, it is good enough... If using other media / streaming apps, then it may be difficult / not possible to install at all, especially those running Panasonic own TV OS.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re

Samsung's microLED TVs will take another few years to launch because of the problem of inserting each microLED into the backplate using pins. Unless they are able to auto weld the microLEDs (like the OD Zero mini LED TVs by TCL) then the cost of producing and, ultimately, the sale price of the microLED TVs will be high

:s8:

jasonwsc

Reaction score
Currently thinking of buying a 55inch TV around 2k to replace my broken Sony X850D.

Anyway I narrowed it down to the following options, ranked based on what I prefer.

1. Panasonic HZ1000
2. Samsung Q80T
3. LG CX (online Lazada)
3. Sony X900H/950H

Probably would have bought the Panasonic, but worried about potential OLED burn-in and the very poor smart TV, though I can just buy a Xiaomi Box. Also the Best Denki staff seem to be promoting the Samsung real hard for some reason.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.