55 to 65" LED / OLED / LCD TV discussion thread [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Courts online now offer $2249 after $150 discount. Please tell me is this a good price? Why are most of you going for LG55C7? Thanks.

Why? because its

1) OLED
2) TV of the year

reasonably priced. Don't post so much. go to the retail outlet and use ur eyes and see.

Haman

Reaction score
Why? because its

1) OLED
2) TV of the year

reasonably priced. Don't post so much. go to the retail outlet and use ur eyes and see.
Yes, we have seen it n like what we had seen. Also we are coming from a Panny plasma G12 model and like the quality as well. Just that why the LG thread is moving frequently as compared to the Panny thread, so makes me wonder and get opinions from u guys. Thanks.

Axela72

Reaction score
Yes, we have seen it n like what we had seen. Also we are coming from a Panny plasma G12 model and like the quality as well. Just that why the LG thread is moving frequently as compared to the Panny thread, so makes me wonder and get opinions from u guys. Thanks.

Any idea how is the reliability of LG now? I have no confident on this brand other than cheaper because my LG HP spoilt within a year but that was long time ago ..thanks

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

to be honest. panny isn't that bad. it just that i prefer LG at the end of the day its because of their WebOS 3.5

side note: i'm using panny 42" at the moment. and all my electrical appliance are panny. Fridge, Washer, Aircon, standing fan and my 2 room TV

Any idea how is the reliability of LG now? I have no confident on this brand other than cheaper because my LG HP spoilt within a year but that was long time ago ..thanks

i would say that their after sales support are pretty lousy. i used to work in a digital signage company that carry LG LFD... when things goes faulty, their onsite technician can come down next 2 days. sometimes part replacement can wait as long as 2 weeks.

their call centre don't have proper ticketing system. just tell u, quote your hp number can already.

benedium

Banned
Reaction score

Over the past 5 years, my parents had Sony, Panasonic and LG. Sony lasted around 2 years, LG around 4 years. Our old Panasonic lasted more than that. That said, things change so no guarantee any brand maintain their tradition of reliability. Last month we bought two LG SJ850T, one 55inch and one 65inch. Wanted OLED at first but after much online research, got scared of OLED's potential permanent image retention problem. I mainly chose LG because of their fast and easy-to-use WebOS smartTV interface.

bleonz

Reaction score
u buying tv or mobile phone? they r good at making tv not mobile...tbh.

jere0512

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking to invest in an LG 55C7T. Anyone purchased this TV? Any feedback on performance and your thoughts about if it was a good investment?

Any tips/leads on where to get this at the best price/deal will also be appreciated :)

-tf1

I heard suntec now having IT show and lg doing very good fantastic price like 2499 for Oled 55C7 at link bridge..dont know how true it is but worth the shot to go see see

Haman

Reaction score

Ok..just bought Panny 55EZ950S for 2200 at HN, including delivery n installation. Exclude Top up 120 for full motion mounting bracket. Can't wait for them to arrive next Sat! Btw, 65EZ950 he offered me 4500. Thanks.

Brainful Smartass

Reaction score
Any recommendation for 65 inches?
I was looking at these two for less than $2,300.
1. Sony KD-65X7000E
2. Samsung UA65MU6100KXXS

popdod

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
I heard suntec now having IT show and lg doing very good fantastic price like 2499 for Oled 55C7 at link bridge..dont know how true it is but worth the shot to go see see

u can get $2500 at Harvey Norman Millenia walk.

Some salesman will push $2699
but
u ask another sales person...he quoted $2.5k. :(

Nucleus

Reaction score
Ok..just bought Panny 55EZ950S for 2200 at HN, including delivery n installation. Exclude Top up 120 for full motion mounting bracket. Can't wait for them to arrive next Sat! Btw, 65EZ950 he offered me 4500. Thanks.

Could you share which HN did you get it at?

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This Pana OLED got HDR feature, correct?

AntzN

Reaction score
Personally, I like LG TV because they are generally cheaper than Samsung and I feel the colour more natural.

But my experience with my last 2 LG TVs has not been good. My previous 42" died after 3 years. My current 60" developed faint vertical lines (https://goo.gl/photos/EvAxcdn2NpkL8UCF6) after 2 years which LG refused to repair claiming they are burn marks (which I do not agree) and is not covered by their warranty.

I guess I will stay away from LG for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.