55 inch 4K TV below 2000

SilverKylin

Reaction score
Wow! Didn't know there are TCL TVs in Singapore. Great value with a good OS (Roku). Definitely worth the buy for some people.

Yeah, I heard RokuOS is good. But unfortunately my set come with some simple in-house OS that looks like Android but with a very limited appstore. I believe TCL calls it SmartTV OS, quite a dumb name really.

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
...unfortunately my set come with some simple in-house OS that looks like Android but with a very limited appstore...
(華) ROKU操作系統只限于某些市場,譬如美洲。。。澳洲方面,我如果沒記錯的話(最後一次去澳洲,當時住進的服務公寓採用的就是TCL),沒有的。
...Great value with a good OS (Roku). Definitely worth the buy for some people...
要是以“操作系統”評斷價值的話。。。安卓系統電視才值得。

SilverKylin

Reaction score
(華) ROKU操作系統只限于某些市場,譬如美洲。。。澳洲方面,我如果沒記錯的話(最後一次去澳洲,當時住進的服務公寓採用的就是TCL),沒有的。

要是以“操作系統”評斷價值的話。。。安卓系統電視才值得。

Most of the Android TV feels very slow, probably because the OS is huge. I feel WebOS from LG runs much faster and has better UI design. My TV come with a "SmartTV" OS that looks like Android but it is not. It is probably the 3rd one below.

According to Wikipedia said:
----------------------------------------------
| TCL |Android TV |For TV sets.|
| TCL |Roku TV |For TV sets.|
| TCL |Smart TV 2 |For TV sets.|
----------------------------------------------

For example I cannot install Android apps and cannot access Google Play store. The OS comes with its own proprietary app-center that has about about 1000 apps (most of them are repetitions). But at lease it has Youtube, Netflix and quite some streaming apps and 2-3 simple browsers which is all that I need in a smart TV.

Last edited:

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
。。。My TV come with a "SmartTV" OS that looks like Android but it is not.。。。But at lease it has Youtube, Netflix and quite some streaming apps and 2-3 simple browsers which is all that I need in a smart TV.
(華) 我的松下49EX400S也是一樣。。。不是安卓,更不是火狐(FirFox)。
現在YouTube的影片選擇多,就連直播新聞也看得到。其他不必要的程式也就沒用到了。

natnut

Reaction score
End up getting TCL 55P3CUS from Giant for 799, really cheap TV that tick most of my requirement list. Waiting for delivery this weekend.

Hi, can you give us your personal experience feedback on this TV?

I might be interested in getting one myself.

SilverKylin

Reaction score
Hi, can you give us your personal experience feedback on this TV?

I might be interested in getting one myself.
I will give a review after I use this TV more. As of now, my new house has not had WiFi yet, so I have not tested the more crucial internet part of the TV feature. I was also not able to get details on the sound system (Giant label the speaker as 20watt, but some other place stated it's 16 watt), Bluetooth connectivity, and 4:4:4 monitor mode yet. There is really no way to find the spec sheet for this model.

The sound seems to be a bit soft. Normal TV can use 30-40 volume, but some softer movies would require volume as high as 70. The display so far looks ok. There is no issue for upscaling from 720 or 1080 HD. 4K seems ok for videos from my camera. I will wait for wifi before I can test other 4K contents. The app store looks sufficient too, but I really hope it works with Bluetooth keyboard so that I can use it with a browser. Haven't found the option for Bluetooth connection yet. Overall aesthetic looks good too. There is no much reflection for the curved screen, the display is bright enough, viewing at 45 angle is also quite decent.

stryke

Reaction score
Got The TCL 55” 4k curved Tv for about 2 weeks now. colors, PQ, and built in speakers quality I must say is quite decent for $800.

Speakers are actually much better than my previous 47” LG that went dead suddenly.

Here’s some feedback:

Color contrast and saturation is best when viewed directly from the front. When I shift my position to the left or right of the sofa, the colors and contrast tend to wash out a little though still decent.

True 4k and HDR10, texted with Netflix videos.
And streaming speed is decent. Not much lag. both wifi and LAN working well.

OS is very simple and not much documentation in the operation manual, took a bit for me to figure out the settings. with its pre-installed YouTube and Netflix it’s good enough for me. just nice complement my android box which I use for other streaming services and watch videos from my NAS.

I believe that the TV itself does not have upscaling capability. scaling is done either through my AVR or media player.

One very irritating observation is the ARC. Somehow HDMI handshake between the TV and AVR is not “automatic”. I have to turn on my media player first, wait for a while then turn on my AVR followed by the TV. Otherwise the sound from TV doesn’t not play through the AVR. maybe the TV and AVR not fully compatible with one another or could be the fact that I’m using only HDMI 1.4 cable (which actually restricts playback at 4k 60hz).

All in all happy with the purchase for such a price.

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
。。。The sound seems to be a bit soft. Normal TV can use 30-40 volume, but some softer movies would require volume as high as 70。。。
如果係駁接DVD/BD機,喱個屬正常狀況。
電視廣播方面,由於第五波道連續劇與電影都有5.1環繞音響音訊,所以會比其他波道嚟得低些。

pcuser123

Master Member
Reaction score
Salesman tell me 3 year everything in.. i highly doubt so though. Not so bad i guess depending on your needs.

Did consider the 55 inch akira dumb tv. However having Netflix inbuilt and the smart feature was worth $100.

That being said, the first one i got had panel issues..

34rxf8l.jpg

https://sg.carousell.com/p/tcl-55-uhd-smart-dvbt2-led-tv-55p3cus-168576054/

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He thinks Singapore is China apparently.

We have about 70% Chinese in Singapore anyway (check your IC). What is sad is Chinese in Singapore cannot understand Chinese language.

Anyway, don't think HWZ do have a rule that disallow post in Chinese language.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.