AOC 50in 4K TV @$699

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
4NPOfDd.jpg

No model stated but assume its should be the same as they have been selling previously. 55inch at $699 as stated in the other AOC thread.

yh_lee

Reaction score
Hi,
I bought the 50 inch AOC for $620.. I have some HD movies ina USB drive that I used to play on my old LG FHD TV that was bought since 2010 and they appears very sharp.. how on this APC, it doesn’t look sharp and appear pixelated at times.. wonder if anyone also experience this

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I bought the 50 inch AOC for $620.. I have some HD movies ina USB drive that I used to play on my old LG FHD TV that was bought since 2010 and they appears very sharp.. how on this APC, it doesn’t look sharp and appear pixelated at times.. wonder if anyone also experience this

Your "HD" movies are what resolution? Your AOC is 4k screen. As long the source is of lower resolution, there will be upscaling. So lets say you take a 720p or lower movie and play it on a 50inch 4k screen, of cos it will look crappier when compared to playing on a 40inch FHD screen.

Just because a higher resolution tv does mean everything will magically look better. Its still dependent on your source or content you are playing. So, go search for some sample native 4k clips on the web, download and play them on your AOC, See if you still think it doesnt look sharp or appear pixelated.

Last edited:

yh_lee

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your tips

Your "HD" movies are what resolution? Your AOC is 4k screen. As long the source is of lower resolution, there will be upscaling. So lets say you take a 720p or lower movie and play it on a 50inch 4k screen, of cos it will look crappier when compared to playing on a 40inch FHD screen.

Just because a higher resolution tv does mean everything will magically look better. Its still dependent on your source or content you are playing. So, go search for some sample native 4k clips on the web, download and play them on your AOC, See if you still think it doesnt look sharp or appear pixelated.

lovehikki

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the AOC server down? I keep getting "AOC server not connected." error when trying to use either Netflix or Youtube...
Anyone else having this issue?
Thanks!

happinesscuminpairs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the AOC server down? I keep getting "AOC server not connected." error when trying to use either Netflix or Youtube...
Anyone else having this issue?
Thanks!

same thing here, restart TV off power and reconnect router also cannot link up.

milkaa

Reaction score
Encountered same issue 2 days back. I did the "Connect to Network" step again to re-setup my internet, then it came back. Now working as before.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TCL 55P3CUS selling at $808 - $100 coupon = $708 on qoo10. Comes with 3 years local warranty. Seems like a decent deal considering this same model was selling at Giant for $800+ previously.

curryloti

Reaction score
I think so too

Was researching; Online selling AED 2414, which is about 900sgd

Think many MIC 65" TVs are probably around S$900-1000, was tempted by the S$900 Xiaomi 65" when I was in China some months back.

Posted from PCWX using peanuts and monkeys.

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
vGrBOgDl.jpg

This is the 65" to go for if you can spare the cash

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

Richliao

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hisense lost to aoc, harson, xiaomi? other than only 1 year warranty, what's bad about hisense?

now q10 55 hisense only $645 after using voucher of $54..

curryloti

Reaction score
https://i.imgur.com/4NPOfDd.jpg[img]

No model stated but assume its should be the same as they have been selling previously. 55inch at $699 as stated in the other AOC thread.[/QUOTE]
Think this is the newer replacement 50U6285/98T model with lower end specs eg. single band WIFI and 3 HDMI only.

My 55" 7970 model also recently replaced under wty with AOC 55U6285.

One possible small consolation is it no longer needs to connect via AOC server for SmartTV functions. Panel also seems to be more evenly lit too.

osmond19

Reaction score
Saw 50U6285 selling at $568 at AMK Hub. Worth it? The smart TV function don't has Toggle App which my parents always use on abt to die LG TV.

whoooo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw 50U6285 selling at $568 at AMK Hub. Worth it? The smart TV function don't has Toggle App which my parents always use on abt to die LG TV.

I was there Friday and no stock... The AOC seem to be using Linux system. Don't think can side load Toggle

osmond19

Reaction score
I was there Friday and no stock... The AOC seem to be using Linux system. Don't think can side load Toggle
So fast I saw it on wed or thu only...
The smart TV function quite useless if cannot download n install app.

The YouTube should be able to playback those 4k contents right? Probably go down next week since AMK hub is near my workplace.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.