HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Cheap DVB-T2 STB from PRC

Like Tree85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2018, 02:44 PM   #16
Supremacy Member

Kinda hard. I'm new to using android boxes and it's a problem navigating using just the remote control.

Maybe need to use a USB keyboard and mouse for better navigation.

I might want to buy another sole set top box without the android function, for faster tuning, as for this box, getting to tune TV takes some time.
Faster tuning as in initial set-up or switching between channels? K2/K3 will serve your needs.
albertlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 02:56 PM   #17
Honorary Member

Faster tuning as in initial set-up or switching between channels? K2/K3 will serve your needs.
Yah, cos for the Mecool hybrid TV/android box, it takes some time to boot up, and it doesn't go straight to TV tuning from the main menu. Got to navigate by oneself to TV tuning, and only then will it tune to the last tuned channel.

Anyway, I'm still looking for TV boxes that can tune to DVB-C too in addition to DVB-T2.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

Kiwi8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 03:18 PM   #18
Supremacy Member

Yah, cos for the Mecool hybrid TV/android box, it takes some time to boot up, and it doesn't go straight to TV tuning from the main menu. Got to navigate by oneself to TV tuning, and only then will it tune to the last tuned channel.

Anyway, I'm still looking for TV boxes that can tune to DVB-C too in addition to DVB-T2.
Most hybrid box work this way.

Multiple tuner box easily cost 3-4 times the price of DVB-T2 one. Also why bother with DVB-C when there is just over 2 yrs left before SH pull the plug?
Old 01-09-2018, 01:16 PM   #19
Supremacy Member

@weeza77, any update? Would really like to see some screen-shot.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:59 PM   #20
Supremacy Member

I have this box. Might be seeking a refund because the DVB-C function is not working even though it is listed in the product listing.
But how its dvb-t2 reception and it is slow in general due to the 1gb ram?
Sambuca78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:10 PM   #21
Supremacy Member

Kinda hard. I'm new to using android boxes and it's a problem navigating using just the remote control.

Maybe need to use a USB keyboard and mouse for better navigation.

I might want to buy another sole set top box without the android function, for faster tuning, as for this box, getting to tune TV takes some time.
I using Minix g4 plus a wireless mouse for many years le, so much better than a remote, even my Mama know how to operate.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:12 PM   #22
Supremacy Member

So u mean cannot save the channel list?

Not sure whether is there app to auto launch the TV app upon boot up.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:15 PM   #23
Supremacy Member

So u mean cannot save the channel list?
I believed what he meant was the need to launch the DVB app in order to view TV unlike normal STB whereby it's on when power-up and set to the last channel viewed.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:58 PM   #24
Supremacy Member

I believed what he meant was the need to launch the DVB app in order to view TV unlike normal STB whereby it's on when power-up and set to the last channel viewed.
Oic... Found this, not sure will it help to auto launch the TV app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aprilinnovations.autostart
Old 01-09-2018, 03:14 PM   #25
Supremacy Member

Another thing I read from somewhere. That once you switch to run another app, the existing DVB app get terminated. Meaning you can't do background recording and run another android app at the same time.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:03 PM   #26

@weeza77, any update? Would really like to see some screen-shot.
The free tv list, expanded from 42 to 64 channels. Stream using "Web TV".
8-lane likes this.

Last edited by weeza77; 15-10-2018 at 09:23 PM..
weeza77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:06 PM   #27
Supremacy Member

@weeza77, thanks buddy.

Would you mind posting screen shot of the GUI?
Old 09-09-2018, 07:06 AM   #28

enigma2 box such as dreambox,zgemma or V9 have both dvb-c & T2. It has many plugin for movies too
bumperbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 10:22 AM   #29
Supremacy Member

enigma2 box such as dreambox,zgemma or V9 have both dvb-c & T2. It has many plugin for movies too
The question is, how much does these STB cost? Paying 2-3 times more just to have DVB-C tuner is just not worth it.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:05 AM   #30
Honorary Member

The question is, how much does these STB cost? Paying 2-3 times more just to have DVB-C tuner is just not worth it.
Yeah I agree too.... Would not be worth it indeed.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

Kiwi8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.