Cheap DVB-T2 STB from PRC

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Technically can receive TV1, TV2, TV3, TVi, TV7, TV9, Arena, Awani and Bernama News. This is via WebTV which require wifi adapter.
Also able to receive China/Taiwan TV channel.

So in short, we can conclude that there is no issue in receiving all MY channels via WebTV.

How about Mavis TV (7 days trial), what kind of content does it carry?

weeza77

Reaction score
No issues for MY channel except TV7 and TV9 quality is crap. I think its missing chaanel 8TV.
Mavis TV also crap. A lot of channels offline and its more catered to CECA audience.

eauyong

Reaction score
I see that many still do not understand about TV broadcast system and confuse with iptv.

Let me explain.

1) Terrestrial TV or Broadcast TV.
Broadcast TV, Free-To-Air which for many years since our father's time from Black and White TV to colour cathode tube TV to LCD TV. This is transmitted through radio waves and need an antenna. By end-2018, analogue signal will stop. It is being changed to digital signal. This change will be called DTV or Digital TV. The change from analogue signal broadcast to digital signal will be by a relatively new technology called. DVB-T2. New TV sets will come with DVB-T2 tuners. Older TVs need to get a Digital TV set top box with DVB-T2 and an antenna.

2) IPTV or internet TV.
This type is not broadcast TV by waves but through the internet and these days through Fibre optics broadband. Examples are Netflix, Youtube and such. They are 2 versions; Live TV such as Media Corp. or VOD Video On Demand such as Netflix streaming.

This topic "Cheap DVB-T2 STB from PRC" is about the 1st type Terrestrial TV or the old fashion Broadcast TV.

--

bumperbee

Reaction score
Hi Albert Lee & Weeza77, sound like a great box that every Singaporean should get!
Thanks & Best Regards

cochran

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just tried the K2 box. PVR.

K2 cant do scheduled recording? like our VHS used to be.

Set mon mon-fri record ch 8 7.30-8pm and will keep recording.

Or is there any box that have this function?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just tried the K2 box. PVR.

K2 cant do scheduled recording? like our VHS used to be.

Set mon mon-fri record ch 8 7.30-8pm and will keep recording.

Or is there any box that have this function?

I have not tried recording across multiple days but scheduled recording does work for different times and different channel.

STB can be in standby mode, it will turn itself on when the scheduled time arrived. Of course there must be power supplying to the box.

jeuda

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

This STB look like the first one I brought (also from Lazada) but became faulty fairly quickly and had to filed for refund.

Kindly provide the URL where you brought it from as well as a better pic of the PCB taken from above. Tks.

Here's the link

pmqdTglAj

jeuda

Master Member
Reaction score
Tried WiFi adapter edup, m8551. It worked for the STB. https://s.lazada.sg/s.0QGq

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@jeuda, thanks buddy for the updates.

With the wifi adapter, does any of the Internet related apps works?

fapperoo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As a noob, I bought the Ukobox from Qoo10. Here's a mini review:

Chose the set top box packaged together with wifi receiver and antenna and 1 year warranty.
After coupon discount about $45.
Delivered in two days after purchase.

Package came with detailed enough instructions.
So quite a breeze to set up.
The set top box is smaller than expected.

Once connected, the default mode shows the local channels.
Quality is good and clear and much better than previous. TV is more than 5 years old.

Press the Green button on the remote control provided and it goes to internet TV.
Roughly 60-70 pre programmed channels including Malaysia free to air channels.
Mainly news in English, a few sports channels and some Chinese movies.
At first I thought there's Animal Planet, Discovery and Discovery Science but i realised its just a repeated programme loop.

Press the Red button and mode goes to Youtube.
Not the easiest to navigate as compared to SMART TVs.
Somehow the quality is not as good as the other 2 modes.

If you have good broadband, I recommend getting the wifi receiver cos of the additional channels. Just note there could be some buffering time for slower connections.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@fapperoo, thanks for the mini review.

If you have the time, do post some screen shot of the UI especially on the System Info (if there is one) and others.

Also how is the firmware upgrade carry out? Is user intervention require?

clockwerkart

Reaction score
As a noob, I bought the Ukobox from Qoo10. Here's a mini review:

Chose the set top box packaged together with wifi receiver and antenna and 1 year warranty.
After coupon discount about $45.
Delivered in two days after purchase.

Package came with detailed enough instructions.
So quite a breeze to set up.
The set top box is smaller than expected.

Once connected, the default mode shows the local channels.
Quality is good and clear and much better than previous. TV is more than 5 years old.

Press the Green button on the remote control provided and it goes to internet TV.
Roughly 60-70 pre programmed channels including Malaysia free to air channels.
Mainly news in English, a few sports channels and some Chinese movies.
At first I thought there's Animal Planet, Discovery and Discovery Science but i realised its just a repeated programme loop.

Press the Red button and mode goes to Youtube.
Not the easiest to navigate as compared to SMART TVs.
Somehow the quality is not as good as the other 2 modes.

If you have good broadband, I recommend getting the wifi receiver cos of the additional channels. Just note there could be some buffering time for slower connections.

does your webtv lag? mine lag quite badly eventhough very near to my wifi point. youtube also very slow in loading the pictures.

fapperoo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@fapperoo, thanks for the mini review.

If you have the time, do post some screen shot of the UI especially on the System Info (if there is one) and others.

Also how is the firmware upgrade carry out? Is user intervention require?

Oops... sorry quite new to these tv boxes... Don’t really know how to update

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.