HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread III

Like Tree57Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2016, 03:53 PM   #1501
Arch-Supremacy Member

$1-2 can buy a passive dvb t antenna from ebay, worthwhile to try. Good active antenna is expensive, those cheaper active antenna might give other problems.
I bought active one at rmb39 which is around S$8.
Old 26-10-2016, 03:55 PM   #1502
Arch-Supremacy Member

nowadays is much rousing... more channels of DVB-T2 were stable in my house

ch5
ch8
chu
okto
vas
suria
cna

tv1
tv2
tv3
ntv7
8tv
tv9
alhijrah
bnc
tvi

tvri
nusantara tv
You have channel and frequency number. Would like to try. Staying in east area.
Old 28-10-2016, 02:23 PM   #1503
Arch-Supremacy Member

Taken from old thread.

TV1 (MY) 682.000mhz
TV2 (MY) 682.000mhz
TV3 (MY) 682.000mhz
SURIA (SG) 538.000mhz
CH5 (SG)* 538.000mhz
OCTO (SG) 570.000mhz
NTV7 (MY) 682.000mhz
8TV (MY) 682.000mhz
TV9 (MY) 682.000mhz
TVAH (MY) 682.000mhz
CNA (SG) 570.000mhz
CH8 (SG) 554.000mhz
VAS (SG) 554.000mhz
CH U (SG) 570.000mhz
TEST (MY) 682.000mhz
Old 28-10-2016, 09:25 PM   #1504

How to tune to Malaysia digital channels? My Tv auto scan only received local channels. My area is woodlands.thks.
the malaysian signal still low. There only 1 primary transmitter tower at gunung pulai(skudai). thus u must use active antena with motorize and put on top of your wardrobe. direction should be to NW
Old 29-10-2016, 09:46 PM   #1505
Arch-Supremacy Member

actually i am quite unsure which retail shop or qoo10 or lazada shop can i get this funke 5.1 from and how do i connect it to this tv?

http://www.panasonic.com/sg/consumer...h-32ds500.html

Its for my mum's tv. I tested my geniatech mygiga t230 usb tv stick antenna on her tv and it works. but would like to buy her a better antenna.
Old 29-10-2016, 10:57 PM   #1506
Master Member

actually i am quite unsure which retail shop or qoo10 or lazada shop can i get this funke 5.1 from and how do i connect it to this tv?

http://www.panasonic.com/sg/consumer...h-32ds500.html

Its for my mum's tv. I tested my geniatech mygiga t230 usb tv stick antenna on her tv and it works. but would like to buy her a better antenna.
if your usb tv stick antenna works, don't waste your money for "better" antenna. The $2 passive antenna should work well. The funke won't make the picture better.
Old 29-10-2016, 11:17 PM   #1507
Arch-Supremacy Member

if your usb tv stick antenna works, don't waste your money for "better" antenna. The $2 passive antenna should work well. The funke won't make the picture better.
oh i thought the funke would allow me to scan more channels other than the 12 mediacorp channels plus 1 radio station.
Old 30-10-2016, 04:43 PM   #1508

99% agree.
However if u have intention to grab indonesian and malaysian channels, for sure u need to upgrade the antenna for better signal sensitivity.
funke 5.1 doesn't work to grab malaysian and indonesian from yishun(this is my only point of test haha)..
Old 30-10-2016, 07:38 PM   #1509
Arch-Supremacy Member

99% agree.
However if u have intention to grab indonesian and malaysian channels, for sure u need to upgrade the antenna for better signal sensitivity.
funke 5.1 doesn't work to grab malaysian and indonesian from yishun(this is my only point of test haha)..
https://world.taobao.com/item/535774....exLQeD#detail

is this active and ok?
thanks guys got this one
Old 30-10-2016, 10:24 PM   #1510
Master Member

thanks guys got this one
Better check the review, some cheap active antenna might be worse than the cheap passive antenna.

May be you want to volunteer as the 1st reviewer for this antenna
Old 31-10-2016, 11:28 AM   #1511

thanks guys got this one
Ok for me.
Old 31-10-2016, 04:46 PM   #1512

Nope. The DVB-T and DVB-T2 signals broadcast in Singapore use frequencies within the same UHF band. So an antenna that was built to receive DVB-T channels are also suitable for DVB-T2 channels.

In fact I dun think there's even a difference between antenna for digital channels and antenna for analog channels, if both are in the same UHF band, for example.
IIRC from long ago most if not all sg analog channels is on VHF, not sure if they have changed to UHF though.

Hi, anyone know if Sengkang area is ready to receive indoor DTV signal?
I have tried two passive antenna for DTV but unable to receive any signal.
I have tried an old type of UHF antenna that was used last time to receive Malaysia TV3 channel and I was able to receive all DTV channnel if I hang the antenna outside living room window when it is open.
As soon as I move the antenna indoor, no signal.
Anyone Sangkang resident can share their experience?

Thank You
Hi

working fine for my sengkang mid floor unit with unblock open area.

Reception can be interfered by other buildings / objects near your location/antenna. Especially if you want to use passive antenna far from windows. Do note that newer buildings are built using reinforced concrete with tons of rebar that can block signal (like faraday cage effect). Typically for hdbs, those that are built from mid 90s onwards.

And for people who are wondering, you DO NOT need a new/modern antenna for digital tv, an old antenna that can receive UHF freq within mediacorp DVB T-2 broadcast is good enough. If any, its mostly cosmetic difference which is important to some.

Eg i use a 20+ yr old antenna with digital tv, when i don't power on using wall socket (passive mode), reception is fine if antenna is unblocked. But if i stand right beside antenna, i can block the signal reception if antenna is in passive mode. Once i turn on power, the antenna is in active mode and works fine even if I'm still in same position.

Do note Active antenna has different amplifier strength, obviously greater strength allows better reception vs interference.

Last edited by EviLHeLLLivE; 31-10-2016 at 06:24 PM..
Old 01-11-2016, 09:27 AM   #1513
Supremacy Member

Heard so much of these active and passive antennas. But is it really good? I've been using the old antenna (those used to receive indonesia and malaysia channels), the HD channels all looked great.

However sometimes it may have slight interferences when a few F15SG jets flypast or severe thunderstorms, otherwise its good n cheap
Old 01-11-2016, 11:12 AM   #1514
Master Member

IIRC from long ago most if not all sg analog channels is on VHF, not sure if they have changed to UHF though.

channel news asia is on uhf since day one.

Its freq is close to the current dvb-t2 freq. So if you can receive CNA in the past, you can use the same antenna for DVB-t2
Old 01-11-2016, 02:08 PM   #1515

Heard so much of these active and passive antennas. But is it really good? I've been using the old antenna (those used to receive indonesia and malaysia channels), the HD channels all looked great.

However sometimes it may have slight interferences when a few F15SG jets flypast or severe thunderstorms, otherwise its good n cheap

i dun watch much local tv nowadays so havent had the chance to encounter fighter jets / thunderstorms interfering with the reception.

Assuming your old antenna is already an active antenna (requires power supply), the only option is to get an antenna with stronger amplifier strength. Even then, its gonna be difficult to fight head on with forces of nature.

In my case, active vs passive antenna does make a diff when using far away from windows etc.

channel news asia is on uhf since day one.

Its freq is close to the current dvb-t2 freq. So if you can receive CNA in the past, you can use the same antenna for DVB-t2

ah i see, good to know. I was recalling from way back in the late 80s/early 90s when i used to play with tv tuning just for fun. Only remembered seeing channels on VHF

yup using the same old antenna for my digital tv now. We threw it into storage after wiring the house with tv points 20 yrs back, luckily din throw it away back then
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.