HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread III

Like Tree57Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2016, 09:32 PM   #151

For now the SH TV point can still be used.

TWICE 트와이스 | IZ*ONE 아이즈원

TVB Dramas | List of Dramas | TWICE Fanclub | S.H.E Fanclub
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 23-02-2016, 10:00 PM   #152
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi,
can u pls screen shot sharing the watchable one? thanks in advance...

https://mega.nz/#!LcM1lArA!2HqAkEhyZ...rIJlRYOqNHhF9M

https://mega.nz/#!KU1gRKiB!gRALyNBVM...w0GeVj7lZ2rvbU

there's a short clip of both channels. you can check out the video.

but one file seems to be corrupted. not sure if you can view.

Please let me know after you test?
Recorded an 1 hr clip. single file.

can play in VLC.
Old 23-02-2016, 10:02 PM   #153

https://mega.nz/#!LcM1lArA!2HqAkEhyZ...rIJlRYOqNHhF9M

https://mega.nz/#!KU1gRKiB!gRALyNBVM...w0GeVj7lZ2rvbU

there's a short clip of both channels. you can check out the video.

but one file seems to be corrupted. not sure if you can view.

Recorded an 1 hr clip. single file.

can play in VLC.
TVRI looks clear to me, can compare with the feed that StarHub provides

TWICE 트와이스 | IZ*ONE 아이즈원

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 23-02-2016, 10:03 PM   #154
Arch-Supremacy Member

Please read MDA's Code of Practice for Television Broadcast standards paragraph 5.3.2 (b)

Starhub is obliged to comply as a cable tv licensee. Of course they don't go around publicising it. 5.3.2 (d) is the reason why they have been retransmitting Mediacorp analog signals. When analog is officially turned off, MDA will probably need to issue another directive in relation to 5.3.2 (d) which specifically single out the total number of homes connected to the licensee’s cable TV network which do not subscribe to the licensee’s digital cable TV services.
None of the terms mentioned that SH has an obligation to provide coverage for FTA channels.
Old 23-02-2016, 10:11 PM   #155

None of the terms mentioned that SH has an obligation to provide coverage for FTA channels.
I read somewhere on their website that they need to provide both SD and HD Mediacorp channels signals during their SD and HD channel merging exercise in 2013. Not sure if the webpage is still around

TWICE 트와이스 | IZ*ONE 아이즈원

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 23-02-2016, 10:13 PM   #156
Arch-Supremacy Member

Smile

Understand that they have obligation to provide coverage for FTA Channels to its subscriber but not the non subscriber.
Old 23-02-2016, 10:23 PM   #157
Arch-Supremacy Member

I read somewhere on their website that they need to provide both SD and HD Mediacorp channels signals during their SD and HD channel merging exercise in 2013. Not sure if the webpage is still around
It is because not every subscriber has a starhub hd set top box and not everyone has a HD Tv so they are required to have both SD & HD during that time. Once mediacorp is fully digital then non subscriber is expected to use DVB-T2 to watch the FTA channels and once SD is shut down then no more required to provide SD FTA channels. In future most likely it will be provided to subscriber only.
Old 23-02-2016, 10:24 PM   #158
Honorary Member

Actually they have to leh. The existing analog signals are not encrypted and can be received by any analog PAL TV. So by extension, after the analog signals are turned off, there will be a similar obligation for StarHub to carry the FTA signals in digital format and unencrypted.
Ottoke likes this.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

PM me if you require Keppel Electric referral code.
Old 23-02-2016, 10:35 PM   #159

There was an earlier thread on the FACTORY+3SPEED remote control sequence to access Extended Service Menu to unlock the DVB-C setting. That's how I came to know about this and used it on my Samsung Tv.

EDIT: Oh.. you're the one who PMed me on the DVB-C stuff.
Yah, it's me. Trying to get DVB-C for a year already.

Using IR blaster to get the Factory 3Speed but when inside, cannot change the region or Local set to PANEURO: only Asian values available...q

Old 23-02-2016, 10:38 PM   #160

Just want to share my experience on Playon!LIVE DVB-T2 Recorder. Well, a bad one.

I use the recorder together with its booster antenna. But I kept having errors and signals aren't stable. So I brought it down to their service center at Sim Lim Sq. The man claimed that unstable signal is "like that one" because indoor-ready isn't 100% ready.

I also keep having errors that the USB speed is too low to record. The man then said that it's because there's not enough power?! After some talks, he "upgraded" a better power adapter for free. But he said that if the problem persists, I need to buy a separate power adapter for its antenna (their brand's booster antenna) - Ya, it didn't come together. They kept trying to charge me when they advertised that the booster antenna is good. It seems like they are just selling products that aren't good enough. The email support was bad too. And they said that they will not develop or explore further on this STB anymore.

My recordings have been extremely cranky and pretty much useless. Lots of pauses and black screens. Sometimes it hangs and the whole 1hr recording is gone upon restarting the recorder.

Also, AC Ryan recordings are split into parts (10min/file) when you view on PC. Too many pauses and black screens once again.

I've been having it for several months now and I would say, buy at your own risk.

Anyway, I am looking for a better one out there. Anyone has any recommendations? Thanks!

PS: I forgot to mention that I was using AC Ryan's recommended WD HDD - which didn't work well.
I am using the same one as you as well, would not recommend this player. Cheaper China made versions can perform better. As for the recording, I have tried several 2.5 inch HDDs and the only one that worked for me is WD My Passport Ultra. Spent quite an amount of money on HDDs to get it working. Very disappointed with this player.
Old 23-02-2016, 10:49 PM   #161
Supremacy Member

Any cheap and decent digital tv box to recommend? Is it recommend to buy from taobao? Thanks. Too many digital tv boxes to choose from and confusing
Old 23-02-2016, 11:30 PM   #162
Supremacy Member

Any cheap and decent digital tv box to recommend? Is it recommend to buy from taobao? Thanks. Too many digital tv boxes to choose from and confusing
Just get it from Qoo10 lor, only a few to choose from, can save $$$ using their coupons and qpoints system. Not to mention, have some form of protection like withholding release of payment should there be any dispute, not sure if Taobao has that.
Old 23-02-2016, 11:59 PM   #163
Arch-Supremacy Member

Connect TV to Starhub cable point, thus no need to buy a STB
Oh ok... And search for the channels using DVB-C? I tried once but din detect anything (but then I cancel the search before it ends so maybe that's why). It prompted me to enter this particular frequency thing before the search (like a network key) but I do not know what value to enter.

Last edited by camoguysg; 24-02-2016 at 12:03 AM..
Old 24-02-2016, 08:21 AM   #164
Arch-Supremacy Member

Oh ok... And search for the channels using DVB-C? I tried once but din detect anything (but then I cancel the search before it ends so maybe that's why). It prompted me to enter this particular frequency thing before the search (like a network key) but I do not know what value to enter.
Why not allow the tv to complete the scan? May be call support to ask them then try again.
Old 24-02-2016, 08:37 AM   #165
Supremacy Member

Yah, it's me. Trying to get DVB-C for a year already.

Using IR blaster to get the Factory 3Speed but when inside, cannot change the region or Local set to PANEURO: only Asian values available...q
did you try the other Asian regions?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.