Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread III

Like Tree57Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2016, 12:56 PM   #16
Honorary Member

*bookmarked*

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

PM me if you require Keppel Electric referral code.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:00 PM   #17
Supremacy Member

For my case, my antenna is being sticked behind my TV, so it doesn't affect much of any aesthetic unsightly issues and is still able to receive DTV signal well.
Same as me, some more using those old rabbit ears antenna (found a few lying around) instead of buying "branded" one.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:43 PM   #18

Am I right to say that if I don't subscribe to paid TV, I will have to endure that unsightly antenna in order to receive digital TV? If the TV is not located close to a window, even worse need to extend the antenna a long distance.

Anyone found a better way to hide the antenna?
DTV suppose to allow you to receive signals even without placing them unsightly. Get those tiny active antennas those that fits in with your furniture should be fine. Place them behind or beside the tv if your area is already digital ready.

Last edited by b00mxer; 04-02-2016 at 04:46 PM..
Old 05-02-2016, 12:28 PM   #19

Bookmarked!

Hopefully Channel U (HD) will be available asap this year ~
yep. nowadays so many good korean dramas there.

*bookmarked
Old 05-02-2016, 09:50 PM   #20

Mine cannot. If I don't place the antenna near the window the picture keeps freezing. Maybe my estate reception no good.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:05 PM   #21
High Supremacy Member

Mine cannot. If I don't place the antenna near the window the picture keeps freezing. Maybe my estate reception no good.
Where are you staying at?
Below are the estates which are indoor ready, with some will be ready this year

Old 05-02-2016, 11:51 PM   #22
Master Member

I am in the green area too. Living room able to get all channel. But room I couldn't get channel 5 and suria 538mhz if I didnt place the antenna near the window. Which is pretty ugly in sight
Old 06-02-2016, 06:39 AM   #23

I stay in Tampine totally cannot receive any channel at all but at Mega courts tampine, they can receive all HD channel make me wonder why
Old 06-02-2016, 02:11 PM   #24
Supremacy Member

I stay in Tampine totally cannot receive any channel at all but at Mega courts tampine, they can receive all HD channel make me wonder why
Tampines still not in the "green" zone yet, ie. not indoor reception ready, that's reason. As to why Tampines Courts Megastore able to receive, they probably use booster antenna or their own building antenna to pick signal from nearby town. I remember when my area was not "green" but yet able to receive certain channels from HDB MATV point.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:39 PM   #25
Honorary Member

At Courts Mega Store Tampines, it's their own building mah. Of course u can expect that they will erect their own antennas at the roof top lor. This will be independent of the indoor-ready status map.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

PM me if you require Keppel Electric referral code.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:41 PM   #26

Tampines still not in the "green" zone yet, ie. not indoor reception ready, that's reason. As to why Tampines Courts Megastore able to receive, they probably use booster antenna or their own building antenna to pick signal from nearby town. I remember when my area was not "green" but yet able to receive certain channels from HDB MATV point.
Thank mate for your infor do you still need a Daiyo indoor anntenna to receive the channel.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:48 PM   #27
High Supremacy Member

At Courts Mega Store Tampines, it's their own building mah. Of course u can expect that they will erect their own antennas at the roof top lor. This will be independent of the indoor-ready status map.
Yup outdoor reception is islandwide already so any antenna that's not located within a building may receive DTV anywhere.

Old 06-02-2016, 03:01 PM   #28
Supremacy Member

Can those using HDB MATV point kindly confirm this. What's the average strength & quality of the DVB-T2 signal? My is around 20% whilst using indoor antenna (rabbit-ear type) can hit 80-90%.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:10 PM   #29
Supremacy Member

Can those using HDB MATV point kindly confirm this. What's the average strength & quality of the DVB-T2 signal? My is around 20% whilst using indoor antenna (rabbit-ear type) can hit 80-90%.
Constant 99% on all Mediacorp channels. Catch is that I cannot receive any signals for Malaysia/Indonesia DVB-T2, as they are all filtered out, as previously confirmed by the HDB MATV contractor.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:17 PM   #30
Arch-Supremacy Member

For my case, my antenna is being sticked behind my TV, so it doesn't affect much of any aesthetic unsightly issues and is still able to receive DTV signal well.
Constant 99% on all Mediacorp channels. Catch is that I cannot receive any signals for Malaysia/Indonesia DVB-T2, as they are all filtered out, as previously confirmed by the HDB MATV contractor.
Hi, CH5 PRINCE OF PERSIA got any sub titles ? can check for me ? Tks
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.