Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2016, 10:49 AM   #706

Should be AC adapter that kaput. Buy from Taobao few dollars only

Which model? K2?
Old 16-05-2016, 12:05 PM   #707
Supremacy Member

The owner didn't specify which is faulty so dun jump the gun yet.
Old 16-05-2016, 12:43 PM   #708

DVB-T2 STB

Have been using this DVB-T2 STB for more than a year now. Been serving me well for TV recording and subsequent editing on PC. Only complaint is that the EPG is not really integrated to the scheduled/timer recording. Have to manually key in everything. Maybe I did not update the firmware, hehe. Surprisingly, the price hasn't come down much. Records to a single .mts file. I am using a Seagate 2TB slim in NTFS format.

Recently, I bought this K3 STB as a spare/backup for about USD17.50. It is a compact and minimalist STB, with power supply built in. Only consideration is that the power cable is a bit short and it's permanently attached to the unit. EPG is fully integrated with the scheduled/timer recording. Records to 2 files each, one .mts and one .meta. I believe the latter is used by the unit for media info. I have been able to watch and edit the .mts file by itself on a PC without needing the .meta file. I was mainly interested in stereo, so wasn't paying particular attention to other audio formats. Uses similar directory structure as the aforementioned STB. I was able to swap around the Seagate 2 TB slim without any issues.

Was also looking at this V8 Golden Combo STB. Other than supporting other features like IPcam, it supports both DVB-T2 and DVB-C as well. It has an ethernet port and the specs says it supports network sharing. There are no specific details on whether one can use it as a media player to playback files from the network or to upload recorded shows to the network. Those who have bought this STB or previous versions before, maybe can share. Subsequently, decided to go with the K3 as the V8 has too many features which I will likely not use.

For those looking for DVB-T2 cum media player, maybe you can chat with the V8 seller for further details. I am in no way affiliated with any of these products, neither am I recommending any of them specifically, hehe.

For those preferring bigger remotes, you can consider using a programmable remote. I am using a Logitech Harmony 650. However, I think Logitech has ceased their Harmony production lines. Anyway, can consider other brands.

Just sharing....
Cheers!
Old 16-05-2016, 01:33 PM   #709
Supremacy Member

Have been using this DVB-T2 STB for more than a year now. Been serving me well for TV recording and subsequent editing on PC. Only complaint is that the EPG is not really integrated to the scheduled/timer recording. Have to manually key in everything. Maybe I did not update the firmware, hehe. Surprisingly, the price hasn't come down much. Records to a single .mts file. I am using a Seagate 2TB slim in NTFS format.

Recently, I bought this K3 STB as a spare/backup for about USD17.50. It is a compact and minimalist STB, with power supply built in. Only consideration is that the power cable is a bit short and it's permanently attached to the unit. EPG is fully integrated with the scheduled/timer recording. Records to 2 files each, one .mts and one .meta. I believe the latter is used by the unit for media info. I have been able to watch and edit the .mts file by itself on a PC without needing the .meta file. I was mainly interested in stereo, so wasn't paying particular attention to other audio formats. Uses similar directory structure as the aforementioned STB. I was able to swap around the Seagate 2 TB slim without any issues.

Was also looking at this V8 Golden Combo STB. Other than supporting other features like IPcam, it supports both DVB-T2 and DVB-C as well. It has an ethernet port and the specs says it supports network sharing. There are no specific details on whether one can use it as a media player to playback files from the network or to upload recorded shows to the network. Those who have bought this STB or previous versions before, maybe can share. Subsequently, decided to go with the K3 as the V8 has too many features which I will likely not use.

For those looking for DVB-T2 cum media player, maybe you can chat with the V8 seller for further details. I am in no way affiliated with any of these products, neither am I recommending any of them specifically, hehe.

For those preferring bigger remotes, you can consider using a programmable remote. I am using a Logitech Harmony 650. However, I think Logitech has ceased their Harmony production lines. Anyway, can consider other brands.

Just sharing....
Cheers!
Many thanks for sharing.

The K3 look like a upgraded version of the K2 STB. I really like the built-in power supply but does it heated up? Also would you mind listing down the System Info of both STB?

Last edited by albertlee; 16-05-2016 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: more request
Old 16-05-2016, 03:24 PM   #710

Just sharing....
Cheers!
Thanks for the detailed post!
Old 16-05-2016, 03:34 PM   #711

Many thanks for sharing.

The K3 look like a upgraded version of the K2 STB. I really like the built-in power supply but does it heated up? Also would you mind listing down the System Info of both STB?
Yeah, it heats up during use. Still touchable, though. Cool on standby. Hope it can last.

Both sets have similar UI and menu system.

Old set sys info:
Model: T2266
SW Version: 20140717V6.0
HW Version: 7802836650

K3 sys info:
Model: GHANA
SW Version: 20150312V4.0
HW Version: 7T01836650

Cheers!
Old 16-05-2016, 03:45 PM   #712
Supremacy Member

Yeah, it heats up during use. Still touchable, though. Cool on standby. Hope it can last.

Both sets have similar UI and menu system.

Old set sys info:
Model: T2266
SW Version: 20140717V6.0
HW Version: 7802836650

K3 sys info:
Model: GHANA
SW Version: 20150312V4.0
HW Version: 7T01836650

Cheers!
Thanks buddy.

Based on the sys-info, it look like the K3 is basically a repackage of the K2.
Old 16-05-2016, 07:34 PM   #713
Master Member

i power on and smell the box cus i saw the 5.1 antenna flickering blue lights on the usb power got the chao tah smell. think the box burnt now contacting the seller see can rma anot. else will just buy a new one
Old 16-05-2016, 08:15 PM   #714
Supremacy Member

i power on and smell the box cus i saw the 5.1 antenna flickering blue lights on the usb power got the chao tah smell. think the box burnt now contacting the seller see can rma anot. else will just buy a new one
Which Qoo10 seller you bought from?
Old 16-05-2016, 09:23 PM   #715
Master Member

Which Qoo10 seller you bought from?
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/2016-HOT-S...ectedOptions=;

this seller lor
Old 16-05-2016, 09:40 PM   #716
Supremacy Member

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/2016-HOT-S...ectedOptions=;

this seller lor
Oh no, bought from this seller as well but should be okay as she is quite responsive to buyer's inquiry and request.
Old 17-05-2016, 10:11 PM   #717

Hi all, bought a KI plus with DVBT2 integrated but cant seems to get the channels. Anyone can help?!? Am living in bt panjang.
Old 18-05-2016, 12:16 PM   #718

Need good antenna lor.

Actually like to complain. Why dun let us share same antenna in HDB. Just home plug to digital TV or decoder. Still need us to waste time finding good antenna.

Hi all, bought a KI plus with DVBT2 integrated but cant seems to get the channels. Anyone can help?!? Am living in bt panjang.
Old 18-05-2016, 01:03 PM   #719
Supremacy Member

Need good antenna lor.

Actually like to complain. Why dun let us share same antenna in HDB. Just home plug to digital TV or decoder. Still need us to waste time finding good antenna.
Well, for old HDB flat with existing MATV port, it can still be use to receive DTV signal of local FTA channels.
Old 18-05-2016, 05:37 PM   #720
Arch-Supremacy Member

I just did a scan earlier on my TV, and i realise i can receive Malaysian DVB-T2 channels:

RTM1
RTM2
TV3
TVAH
NTV7
8TV
TV9
BernamaTV

All of them super clear
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.