HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread III

Like Tree57Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2016, 12:48 PM   #766
Supremacy Member

Same problem at Woodlands area. Ch8 & Vas disappear from digital TV. Re-tuning does not help.
Yeah. I live around that area!

When I connect to MATV port, I am able to recieve digital CH8!
But my living room no MATV port!!! No choice need to go back analogue! Stupid Mediacropse!
Old 31-05-2016, 12:00 PM   #767

Anyone here using the K2 mini Setup box here, I have on question on the antenna power on the setup box. Everytime I turn off the box, the antenna power will be off on the setup box. So I have to turn it on everytime I turn on the box, can the antenna power be permanently turn on?
Or anyone one here have use other box that can made the antenna power always on? I think we want it to be permanently on, as the reception will be poor if it is not on, thank.
The seller sent me a software to update the K2 box. After upgrading, the "Antenna power" setting issue has been resolved i.e. permanently ON even I power off and on again. Hope this helps, though I am unsure if it is effective when using a passive antenna.
Old 31-05-2016, 12:23 PM   #768
Supremacy Member

The seller sent me a software to update the K2 box. After upgrading, the "Antenna power" setting issue has been resolved i.e. permanently ON even I power off and on again. Hope this helps, though I am unsure if it is effective when using a passive antenna.
That feature is useless to passive antenna as it function is simply to supply a 5V to the active antenna mainly to power the signal amplifier. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Would you mind sending me a copy of the software update?
Old 31-05-2016, 02:23 PM   #769

That feature is useless to passive antenna as it function is simply to supply a 5V to the active antenna mainly to power the signal amplifier. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Would you mind sending me a copy of the software update?
Let me have your email address and I will forward the seller's email to you.
Old 31-05-2016, 05:19 PM   #770

Something to look forward...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/mobil...s/2831874.html
Old 31-05-2016, 09:00 PM   #771

Sound good! But will take a while to be common unless u buy new tv or has compatible tv (rare)
Same like those smart tv interface, it is just another interface for tv, worse.. come w advertisement. Aiyah, just use toggle app will get same library and achieve same objective..no need wait lah

Something to look forward...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/mobil...s/2831874.html
Old 31-05-2016, 09:13 PM   #772
Arch-Supremacy Member

Today ch8 9pm new series no HD
Old 01-06-2016, 01:18 AM   #773
Master Member

Hi, need to check, what is the max capacity for the external USB?
I saw some fellow users plugged in the 1tb/2tb external hdd.
My box is bought from TaoBao. It's the usual under SGD$30 type.

I'm looking to get 2 USB 3.0 Thumbdrive Storage.

Saw a shop in Qoo10 from Local Shop Near Tai Seng MRT
SanDisk 130MB/s Ultra Fit USB 32GB USB Drive 3.0 SDCZ43 $11.85 (Minus $1 Coupon) = $10.85
SanDisk 150MB/s Ultra Dual Drive USB OTG 32GB USB 3.0 SDDD2 $12.95 (Minus $1 Coupon) = $11.95
SanDisk 150MB/s Ultra Dual Drive USB OTG 64GB USB 3.0 SDDD2 $23.90 (Minus $2 Coupon) = $21.90

Are these worth the price?
Wanted to use on DVB-T2 Digital TV Box Box i just got. To record or Time-Shifting.
How many GB can these box support? My idea is up to 32GB.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:34 AM   #774
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sound good! But will take a while to be common unless u buy new tv or has compatible tv (rare)
Same like those smart tv interface, it is just another interface for tv, worse.. come w advertisement. Aiyah, just use toggle app will get same library and achieve same objective..no need wait lah
True la do not need to wait but some programs can not catch up. May be in future all can catch up.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:58 PM   #775

What program cannot catchup by toggle? I try to find in Kodi

True la do not need to wait but some programs can not catch up. May be in future all can catch up.
Old 02-06-2016, 01:29 AM   #776

Tried out a way to use 1 antenna for all the TVs in the house today and want to report it works wonderfully! 10 minutes work and everything is done.

If you're interested, I've quoted my post from another thread.

Any comments welcome.

Ok guys, its been 2 months since I have the idea and finally got the time to get this done.

Did this in the DB where the the antenna input came from outside the flat and split to all the rooms. Open the box, disconnect the input cable. Then connect the digital antenna to the input port like the above photo.

Above is a closeup of the new connection.

Everything is done! At all the TVs, I still use the normal antenna cables from the wall to the TV. Just go into settings to switch to Digital signal and rescan for the HD digital channels. I am able to get digital HD signal in all the TVs in all the rooms. All my TVs have digital tuner built in. But I suppose it will work with set-top boxes.

With this setup I'm able to get 100% on Quality and between 60%-70% on signal strength. Guess is due to the placement of the antenna. But even with these figures, no problem watching all the channels. Will continue monitoring and update if there's problem.

I see there are 2 benefits with this setup:
1) No need to buy extra antennas for each TV, thus cost savings
2) Aesthetically pleasing, since no need to put any external antenna in each room near windows or TV

And lastly guess which digital antenna did I use?
Spoiler!

Just want to share my experience. Any thoughts? Happy tweaking!
Old 02-06-2016, 08:48 AM   #777
Arch-Supremacy Member

Very good idea, the best part is the lousiest antenna used

Old 02-06-2016, 09:45 AM   #778

And total cost? Less than $3 for the adaptor

Old 02-06-2016, 03:34 PM   #779
cnt
Greater Supremacy Member

has hd8 for woodlands/sembawang area recovered?
Old 02-06-2016, 04:14 PM   #780

Hi freezerz
If 2 rooms watching same channel using ur setup, will signal or quality drop by half?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.