Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread III

Like Tree57Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2016, 05:00 PM   #916

Hi all,

Anyone staying at Punggol?

I am only able to receive HD 5, 8, Suria, Vasamtham and a test channel smoothly.

However, I am able to detect CNA, Okto but the signal isn't strong enough for broadcast.

Is it normal?

Thanks!
Are you using an indoor antenna? Try placing it on another location such as near to the window.
Old 28-06-2016, 05:11 PM   #917
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all,

Anyone staying at Punggol?

I am only able to receive HD 5, 8, Suria, Vasamtham and a test channel smoothly.

However, I am able to detect CNA, Okto but the signal isn't strong enough for broadcast.

Is it normal?

Thanks!
How does the test channel look like

Old 28-06-2016, 05:49 PM   #918
Master Member

The one in the link seems to be for DVB-T TV. I read somewhere it is different from DVB-T2?
DVB-t and DVB-t2 share the same antenna. The difference between t and t2 is the modulation scheme. It is more important to check its working frequency range.

Last edited by gregory_choo; 28-06-2016 at 05:51 PM..
Old 28-06-2016, 05:55 PM   #919
Master Member

Thanks for the advice!

I found two at Qoo10. Anyone has recommendation for a reliable one?

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/DIGITAL-AN...questionAnswer

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/WAVECOM-AN...WITH/426098353
ebay has cheaper antenna, some is less than s$1.50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1M-3Ft-Digit...-/182099848646

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5dBi-Freevie...-/131226834472

Last edited by gregory_choo; 28-06-2016 at 06:44 PM..
Old 28-06-2016, 05:57 PM   #920
Arch-Supremacy Member

How does the test channel look like

Got animal animal like tiger lion

Old 28-06-2016, 06:58 PM   #921

ebay has cheaper antenna, some is less than s$1.50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1M-3Ft-Digit...-/182099848646

this US$1.12 operates on Frequency:433MHZ—918MHZ

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5dBi-Freevie...-/131226834472
this operates on Frequency: 170-230MHz(VHF)/470-862MHz(UHF)

I just got a new TV (49UH600T), the official LG website states it has TVB-T2, so the above antennas will be able to receive digital channels?

Another question, most new TVs (Samsung/LG) has a "Live TV" part they will have program guide etc, if I can receive the digital signals, that means it will also receive live program guide etc?
Old 28-06-2016, 08:36 PM   #922
Master Member

this operates on Frequency: 170-230MHz(VHF)/470-862MHz(UHF)

I just got a new TV (49UH600T), the official LG website states it has TVB-T2, so the above antennas will be able to receive digital channels?

Another question, most new TVs (Samsung/LG) has a "Live TV" part they will have program guide etc, if I can receive the digital signals, that means it will also receive live program guide etc?
singapore's channels are within 530-600MHz.

Most areas in singapore are indoor-reception ready, so most of the time, these simple antenna should work.

But sometimes you may encounter blindspots in the house, in this case, you may have to change the location of antenna, shift it somewhere nearer the windows.

In some extreme cases, you may have to buy powered antenna.

Most receivers provide EPG.
Old 28-06-2016, 10:29 PM   #923
Banned

is this an antenna?

Daiyo TA 5512

http://luckystore.com.sg/miscellaene...v-plug-2m.html
Old 28-06-2016, 10:42 PM   #924
Honorary Member

I haven't buy digital tv or the $20 qoo10 box yet

did buy the "card" style antenna and a female-female adaptor to reuse the existing wire to "starhub" rooftop antenna and extend my antenna all the way to window ......

but still very "snow" .... is this normal for old "analog" tv ?
does that mean if I buy digital tv the internal receiver will be much more powerful and not "snow" ?

this is the only spot to place the TV in the living room, low floor ... surrounded by blocks ... window entirely no direct view of north south east west
jialat if really dead zone ....

Last edited by Krabs.; 28-06-2016 at 10:46 PM..
Old 28-06-2016, 10:47 PM   #925
Master Member

is this an antenna?

Daiyo TA 5512

http://luckystore.com.sg/miscellaene...v-plug-2m.html
http://luckystore.com.sg/daiyo-ta-55...v-plug-2m.html

This is an expensive 2m cable with f-pin on one end and tv-plug on the other end.
Old 28-06-2016, 10:57 PM   #926

singapore's channels are within 530-600MHz.

Most areas in singapore are indoor-reception ready, so most of the time, these simple antenna should work.

But sometimes you may encounter blindspots in the house, in this case, you may have to change the location of antenna, shift it somewhere nearer the windows.

In some extreme cases, you may have to buy powered antenna.

Most receivers provide EPG.
hmm, what's EPG? Just curious do you or any of you guys watch the digital TV on those newer TVs, are you able to see the digital guide?
Old 28-06-2016, 10:57 PM   #927
Master Member

I haven't buy digital tv or the $20 qoo10 box yet

did buy the "card" style antenna and a female-female adaptor to reuse the existing wire to "starhub" rooftop antenna and extend my antenna all the way to window ......

but still very "snow" .... is this normal for old "analog" tv ?
does that mean if I buy digital tv the internal receiver will be much more powerful and not "snow" ?

this is the only spot to place the TV in the living room, low floor ... surrounded by blocks ... window entirely no direct view of north south east west
jialat if really dead zone ....
yes, it is normal for old analog tv. Not sure what is your "card type" antenna, but I would say you are lucky to see picture with snow.

The new dvb-t2 is completely different from the old analog transmission. MDA has planted many base-stations all over the place, and the signal is strong. You should get the signal in the living room, unless you are really unlucky.
Krabs. likes this.
Old 28-06-2016, 11:05 PM   #928
Banned

http://luckystore.com.sg/daiyo-ta-55...v-plug-2m.html

This is an expensive 2m cable with f-pin on one end and tv-plug on the other end.
so it's not an antenna?
Old 28-06-2016, 11:08 PM   #929

Frequency allocations for UK and SG are the same, therefore these are the channels that u can try to manually tune: Ch 29 (538MHz), Ch 31 (554MHz) & Ch 33 (570MHz) on the digital tuner. Only difference that I can think of is the DVB-T2 standard that both countries are using.

Not sure if this TV support DVB-T2 v1.3.1; the standard used in SG. UK's Freeview is using DVB-T2 v1.2.1 standard (older standard as they launched their DVB-T2 transmission earlier).
Thanks for replying. The problem is that, in order to search for channels (or even to manually tune channels) you have to select a country. Singapore isn't listed. The result is that tuning on this TV skips frequencies containing Singapore channels. Hope you follow me?

Anyway, I received a reply from Hisense to my email to them. They said:

Hi Kotek Besar,
This TV is specifically for the UK and Compatible with the Logical channel numbering in a few European countries.
The only way you might be able to get it working is export the channel list to USB from the menu and then edit before re-importing. Not tested this before and the TV is not designed for this.
Kind Regards
While I appreciate Hisense's reply and suggestion, it's really a non-starter because there is no option, in the menus of this TV, to export the channel list to USB. So I can't then edit the list and re-import it. Perhaps this is possible with other Hisense TV's but not with this model and the rep didn't know.

Meanwhile, I was also having a look at he DVB-C capability of this TV. It seems that, much like in the case for DVB-T2 tuning on this TV, you have to specify a country and, again, Singapore is not on the list.

Since I have a sneaking suspicion that if I take this TV to Singapore I would end up receiving no channels and feeling a lot of frustration and wasted effort, I think I'm going to return it to Amazon for a refund. Such a shame. TVs in Singapore are so expensive now.

You know, it's weird. 10 years ago family in the UK would give us a shopping list for cheap things to buy in SG to take back to England. TVs, DVD players, camcorders... Now, the opposite is true. Singapore is expensive for everything for us Brits with our weak pound, and our SG family want us to bring bargains over to SG for them from UK!

Anyone want anything for next month?
Old 28-06-2016, 11:15 PM   #930
Honorary Member

yes, it is normal for old analog tv. Not sure what is your "card type" antenna, but I would say you are lucky to see picture with snow.

The new dvb-t2 is completely different from the old analog transmission. MDA has planted many base-stations all over the place, and the signal is strong. You should get the signal in the living room, unless you are really unlucky.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.