Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

some1outthere

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am looking around as well, coz I want one that can record. It does seem like many HWZers are using unbranded STB. Wouldn't it have signal issues?

on the website, it specifically mentioned suitable for SG. And from experience the seller actually asked which region it will be used in. Guess in China is cannot use one.

dreamboxjb

Reaction score
Checked the first 4 only. All 690MHz so maybe all is the same so didn't check the rest as the procedure is quite troublesome.

Btw, 11 & 13 (TVRI-1 & TV One) actually is watchable after adjusting the position of the antenna by placing it higher. The rest is still blank or "no signal". FYI. Cable not long enuff so didn't test putting the antenna right beside the window.

hi,
can u pls screen shot sharing the watchable one? thanks in advance...

arodue

Reaction score
It appears like one file. But only tested short clip. Maybe later go and test.

forgot what is the format but I have played video files of the same extension on PC before.

Please let me know after you test?

I can't find the one you showed me on Taobao though.

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
just switch to DTV recently , with EPG no need to buy newspapers anymore and can programme tv recording easily.

24911734600_508389eb3a_b.jpg

Last edited:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am looking around as well, coz I want one that can record. It does seem like many HWZers are using unbranded STB. Wouldn't it have signal issues?

Not sure what you meant by "signal issues"? Please elaborate.

Well, if unbranded STB can do the job, why not? The price of a single branded STB can easily purchase 2-3 of these cheapo STB!

Does the clip get split into parts? Or only viewable on STB? Looks like I should check out Taobao too! Haha

The last time I tested the recording feature, it doesn't get split into parts but that is only for a short duration (<5mins). TS format is can be view on PC as long as the media player support it. Instead of Taobao, must as well check on Qoo10, with their coupons and qpoints can easily reduce the price to below $20.

Last edited:

arodue

Reaction score
Not sure what you meant by "signal issues"? Please elaborate.

Well, if unbranded STB can do the job, why not? The price of a single branded STB can easily purchase 2-3 of these cheapo STB!

That is so true! I bought mine at around $100 after discount. Turns out to be a terrible product.

Like my AC Ryan, even though it shows 99% signal, it still gets pauses every now and then.

arodue

Reaction score
The last time I tested the recording feature, it doesn't get split into parts but that is only for a short duration (<5mins). TS format is can be view on PC as long as the media player support it. Instead of Taobao, must as well check on Qoo10, with their coupons and qpoints can easily reduce the price to below $20.

Yes! I narrowed to these three. Any advice which to get?

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5-c.w4002-12488955154.90.TvpYxr&id=39441479659

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-9776446694.22.HCXrxx&id=37405147306

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/SPRING-SINGAPORE-RIGISTERED-POWER/425687059

This Qoo10 China seller has so many, but I only looked at the one with most reviews :s13:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is so true! I bought mine at around $100 after discount. Turns out to be a terrible product.

Like my AC Ryan, even though it shows 99% signal, it still gets pauses every now and then.

Yup, seem like they are abandoning this product, only one firmware update so far.

Not so sure about this signal strength thingy, using MATX the signal/quality is around 20% and yet there is no issue in receiving all the channels (plus SD one as well).

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Can't comment on the first 2 models, the last one is what I have but not from this seller (not advisable IMO).

One thing I do notice is that most of these STB are similar in design (look at the output ports), even the UI used is similar. Main differences is the chipset used. There are many reviews (many in non-english) on these PRC build STB available in YT.

arodue

Reaction score
Can't comment on the first 2 models, the last one is what I have but not from this seller (not advisable IMO).

One thing I do notice is that most of these STB are similar in design (look at the output ports), even the UI used is similar. Main differences is the chipset used. There are many reviews (many in non-english) on these PRC build STB available in YT.

Not advisable? Guess I need to look around more.

Yes, I noticed on the design too. What chipset should I look for?

Will check out YT reviews as well! :)

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not advisable? Guess I need to look around more.

Yes, I noticed on the design too. What chipset should I look for?

Will check out YT reviews as well! :)

Not advisable as in getting from that seller. Go thru some of the Q&A and you get an idea. Personally I have posted question but got pissed off with the answer given. Also formerly that seller name was Sinho but now is just Sin**, so kind of strange. The only thing this seller did right was getting the power adapter tested/verified by Spring SG.

The chipset (MSD7T01) used by K2 seem kind of new.

Last edited:

warr

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good to have if you intend to use SH SCV point to receive FTA plus additional free one (like SuperSports Arena).

isn't using SH point a better way than unreliable over-the-air with antenna?

arodue

Reaction score
Not advisable as in getting from that seller. Go thru some of the Q&A and you get an idea. Personally I have posted question but got pissed off with the answer given. Also formerly that seller name was Sinho but now is just Sin**, so kind of strange. The only thing this seller did right was getting the power adapter tested/verified by Spring SG.

The chipset (MSD7T01) used by K2 seem kind of new.

I saw many positive reviews haha. But the seller's replies are rather nonchalant. The power adapter does attracts me in a way - Somehow it feels safer.

How's this set anyway? Any problem recording? Does it record in one file? Because my family uses it more for recording to watch later. :)

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw many positive reviews haha. But the seller's replies are rather nonchalant. The power adapter does attracts me in a way - Somehow it feels safer.

How's this set anyway? Any problem recording? Does it record in one file? Because my family uses it more for recording to watch later. :)

I wouldn't pay too much attention to those 1-2 sentence so-called reviews, some even give high points when they haven't use the product yet.

Well, I don't use it for recording, TS format simply take too much diskspace. I think you have less problem using thumbdrive vs external HDD.

camoguysg

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I need to get a setup box too for my TV as it comes only with DVB-T. Saw only two brands online recommended by Mediacorp - Draco and Akira. Think i will go with the latter but cant find any reviews so far. Anyone has comments?

My TV model is Philips 46PFL7007H and is currently connected to a philips HTS and a HD recorder (security cam). It comes with DVB-T and DVB-C

My area is digitally ready.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned somewhere on this thread. Hope can get some advice. Thanks much in advance :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.