Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looking to buy a stb for my other tv

is the surround sound important? how to tell if the stb has that function?

looking to buy prc brand from qoo10

Whether SS is important or not depend on individual. If the STB has this feature it will be stated clearly on the specs/packaging.

AFAIK, most STB from PRC does NOT have SS, only stereo output.

Last edited:

PoloBoiBoi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whether SS is important or not depend on individual. If the STB has this feature it will be stated clearly on the specs/packaging.

AFAIK, most STB from PRC does have SS, only stereo output.

and the graphics interface design might be shiitty, and maybe their english interface is really cmi

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't really know how it works. Let me run through it.
Current old TV
- Antenna -> DVB-T2 set top box -> HDMI cable to TV

New TV
- Antenna -> TV

So you recommend me to get an
- Antenna cable -> connect to socket on the wall -> connect to set top box -> HDMI cable to old TV

Hope I got it correct :s13:

yes.

I assume that last time you connect your old tv to the antenna socket on the wall, if yes, then you can re-use the cable, plug to your stb and antenna socket, and connect your std to tv using hdmi or the RCA cable.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
and the graphics interface design might be shiitty, and maybe their english interface is really cmi

Not really concern about the UI as long as the available functions work. I have seen okay UI on branded STB but simple task like switching channel take forever to complete.

dexter9898

Reaction score
Hmm, didn't know M1 also into this business. :s11:

This STB and antenna confirmed to be from NMS (NewMedia Solutions).

NMS%20STB%20-%20All.png

M1 won the tender by former MDA to install Digital T2 set top boxes for low income household.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1 won the tender by former MDA to install Digital T2 set top boxes for low income household.

Thanks for the info.

I thought the provided STB should be Draco brand but now it is NMS, look like M1 finding way to cut cost.

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has any antennas to recommend that can receive m'sian and indonesian channels?

I read last time those old TV antennas cld work ,is it true?

Or DIY antennas using antennas?

Any inputs on this? Tkx!

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone has any antennas to recommend that can receive m'sian and indonesian channels?

Any inputs on this? Tkx!

Can't comment on the 1st question.

As for old antenna, any one listed here will work. I have tried those rabbit-ear type but decided to use the mini antenna that come bundled with the cheapo PRC STB.

lo3xlo2x

Reaction score

Any inputs on this? Tkx!

http://www.lazada.sg/bolehdeals-indo...p-1995781.html

http://www.lazada.sg/bolehdeals-indoor-thin-flat-hdtv-tv-antenna-vhf-uhf-fm-35-milesrange-1080p-1995781.html

I saw this on LAZADA. I have not bought it and am considering. Hoping someone had bought before and give review

jeffrey745

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't comment on the 1st question.

As for old antenna, any one listed here will work. I have tried those rabbit-ear type but decided to use the mini antenna that come bundled with the cheapo PRC STB.

I bought 1 frm the pictures that you sent me but cldnt receive any Malaysian or Indonesian channels. Local channels ok.

Staying in jurong West area. My PRC STB has Malaysian channels pre-tuned but can't receive it. Any help on this? 😀

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought 1 frm the pictures that you sent me but cldnt receive any Malaysian or Indonesian channels. Local channels ok.

Staying in jurong West area. My PRC STB has Malaysian channels pre-tuned but can't receive it. Any help on this? ��

Perhaps I misunderstood your initial question.

Old or any passive antenna is good enough to receive local FTA channels. Even active antenna would not guarantee that one would be able to receive digital channel from MY or IND. A lot depend on where you stay and how far away their broadcast towers is located.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.