HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Like Tree348Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-01-2018, 12:47 PM   #1546
Supremacy Member

You are right. I placed the antenna inside my TV console and the reception still good. Should have bought something cheap.
Trust me when I say, don't even bother spending so much. Even simply plugging in a non-connected aerial cable might allow you to find digital channels. Just buy the cheap NewMedia Solutions antenna will be enough.

If you are hoping to get Malaysian channel, unless you live very high up or in low lying areas with no tall buildings around and overall depending on your location to our neighbouring countries, even my Amazon 50 mile/80KM antenna with many great reviews could not get me to find Malaysian channels.

Singapore one doesn't need to have a strong antenna really. My 2 cents.

PS: Don't buy brands like Funke brand which looks something like yours. Even when I place it at the same location where my cheap NewMedia Solutions antenna is, I had a hard time getting HD signal. Sian... The result of living on the lower floors of my area.
Old 27-01-2018, 12:07 AM   #1547
Master Member

Always try with a $2 antenna before buying anything more than $20.
Old 27-01-2018, 09:10 AM   #1548

Need help on Sony KDL 42W700B. How do I get the digital channel? I try digital tuning but unable to get any channels. Do I need to get an antenna?
Old 27-01-2018, 09:42 AM   #1549
High Supremacy Member

Need help on Sony KDL 42W700B. How do I get the digital channel? I try digital tuning but unable to get any channels. Do I need to get an antenna?
Is your Sony TV connected to the SCV port now?

If yes, you must disconnect from it and get an indoor antenna to receive digital channels.
Old 27-01-2018, 09:56 AM   #1550

If yes, you must disconnect from it and get an indoor antenna to receive digital channels.
Yes. Ic. So still need to get indoor antenna. Zzz
Thanks!
Old 27-01-2018, 10:23 AM   #1551

Thanks!
Old 27-01-2018, 12:10 PM   #1552
Master Member

Thanks!
Try $2 dvb-t antenna first.
discoburg likes this.
Old 28-01-2018, 05:01 PM   #1553

Where do you buy the new media solution antenna and how much? TIA

Trust me when I say, don't even bother spending so much. Even simply plugging in a non-connected aerial cable might allow you to find digital channels. Just buy the cheap NewMedia Solutions antenna will be enough.

If you are hoping to get Malaysian channel, unless you live very high up or in low lying areas with no tall buildings around and overall depending on your location to our neighbouring countries, even my Amazon 50 mile/80KM antenna with many great reviews could not get me to find Malaysian channels.

Singapore one doesn't need to have a strong antenna really. My 2 cents.

PS: Don't buy brands like Funke brand which looks something like yours. Even when I place it at the same location where my cheap NewMedia Solutions antenna is, I had a hard time getting HD signal. Sian... The result of living on the lower floors of my area.
Old 29-01-2018, 12:28 PM   #1554
Master Member

After set up tv with digital tv box, the old wall cable that last time used to be connect from wall to tv to get signal, now no need to connect anywhere already is it? Just keep the cable?
Anyone knows the answer to above question? Thanks
Old 29-01-2018, 12:43 PM   #1555

Try $2 dvb-t antenna first.
Where to buy?
Old 29-01-2018, 01:46 PM   #1556
Master Member

Where to buy?
https://www.lazada.sg/5dbi-freeview-...-10349711.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Magneti...l/263328766662
Old 29-01-2018, 02:28 PM   #1557

Hi All, can anybody suggest me that what is the solution about my digital TV antenna, I bought antenna + receiver from Qoo10 and when I applied in my smart tv, the signal is on and off, and sometime when watching the tv there is some freezed and turn out no signal... is it I am required to buy signal booster ? Thanks
Old 29-01-2018, 10:54 PM   #1558
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi All, can anybody suggest me that what is the solution about my digital TV antenna, I bought antenna + receiver from Qoo10 and when I applied in my smart tv, the signal is on and off, and sometime when watching the tv there is some freezed and turn out no signal... is it I am required to buy signal booster ? Thanks
Your area reception is poor, get Funke 5.1 Combo:

Old 29-01-2018, 11:11 PM   #1559
Master Member

The signal is at borderline level.

Try shifting your antenna, if you are lucky, you can get good signal by moving half a meter. If the RF cable is not long enough, get a RF cable extension so that you can move the antenna nearer to the window.

If still can't receive stable signal, get an active antenna.
Old 30-01-2018, 02:07 PM   #1560

Sorry I am not understand about active antenna, can please help to point me ? thanks and sorry to disturb

The signal is at borderline level.
Try shifting your antenna, if you are lucky, you can get good signal by moving half a meter. If the RF cable is not long enough, get a RF cable extension so that you can move the antenna nearer to the window.
If still can't receive stable signal, get an active antenna.
Thanks jtjt00, this is alterntive solution for poor signal
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.