Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustDoLor

Reaction score
Sometimes it is due to inteference. I was part of their study, and they were able to prove to me that the poor signal strength near my tv was due to inteference from some device, not due to weak signal. They used a professional spectrometer and antenna to check
What kind of devices can create this interference?
Interesting.... Did they manage to pinpoint at what exactly is the device causing the interference? Like your mobile phone, or some appliances in your home, or maybe some unlicensed equipment operating nearby your place?

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Interesting.... Did they manage to pinpoint at what exactly is the device causing the interference? Like your mobile phone, or some appliances in your home, or maybe some unlicensed equipment operating nearby your place?

There were a few devices on back then, including the tv itself, a PC, a power strip with a few adapters, a router, a lamp amongst other things which I can't remember. We didn't pinpoint it to a particular device due to the lack of time.

The antenna they used was on some kind of monopod, with rods pointing in 4 different directions like a triangular pyramid.

ralph_00_79

Reaction score
There were a few devices on back then, including the tv itself, a PC, a power strip with a few adapters, a router, a lamp amongst other things which I can't remember. We didn't pinpoint it to a particular device due to the lack of time.

The antenna they used was on some kind of monopod, with rods pointing in 4 different directions like a triangular pyramid.
The Mediacorp customer service officer told me they have yet to turn on full signal transmission. Jurong folks have to wait for at least 2 months to receive 100% reception. My antenna is above my Onkyo amp and everytime I turn on my amp, the digital signal drops to zero...

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you guys get malaysia digital tv channels or they still dont have digital yet?

castafarian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

a mobile phone charger can be very noisy too, especially if the grounding is poor...

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Regarding the k2 TV box, is it possible to change to channel number? Like change channel 8 to number 8?

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I got a 9 yrs old sony lcd tv inside my room. Today i bought a cheap antenna from Qoo10 n fixed. I am able to receive the chanels clearly. But got this msg:

bMJd7ay.jpg

Think my tv is DVB-T only.

Any good setup box to recommend? Thanks

Last edited:

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I got a 9 yrs old sony lcd tv inside my room. Today i bought a cheap antenna from Qoo10 n fixed. I am able to receive the chanels clearly. But got this msg:

bMJd7ay.jpg

Think my tv is DVB-T only.

Any good setup box to recommend? Thanks

If its Dvb-t. You will need a setup box for TVB-T2. I also have this message previously. Qoo10 sells the box for like 20-30.

JustDoLor

Reaction score
Anyone living in the Jurong West area experiencing poor HD reception? Called Mediacorp and was told even though Jurong area is digital TV ready, the signal strength is only 50%...

Very disappointing with the way they roll out the digital TV service.
There is a reason why 50%, did they tell you why?

JustDoLor

Reaction score

The Mediacorp customer service officer told me they have yet to turn on full signal transmission. Jurong folks have to wait for at least 2 months to receive 100% reception. My antenna is above my Onkyo amp and everytime I turn on my amp, the digital signal drops to zero...

Ok, thanks. Now we know if have reception issues, can try to place the antenna away for electronic devices, esp high-powered type.... as some of us like to hide the antenna from sight for aesthetic reasons...

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
There is a reason why 50%, did they tell you why?

The Mediacorp customer service officer told me they have yet to turn on full signal transmission. Jurong folks have to wait for at least 2 months to receive 100% reception ...
Not turning on the full transmission power is only one of the possible reasons (if that indeed is a genuine reason). Besides this, the location and type of antenna used may also affect the signal reception.

Dug up this old post which gives a detailed explanation:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/82352103-post559.html

JustDoLor

Reaction score
Not turning on the full transmission power is only one of the possible reasons (if that indeed is a genuine reason). Besides this, the location and type of antenna used may also affect the signal reception.

Dug up this old post which gives a detailed explanation:

forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/82352103-post559.html

May be only 1/2 power due to equipment failure or equipment shipment delay, or maybe it will only be full power after switch-off.
Anyway, 1/2 vs full power makes a lots of difference in reception I think.

mrsun18

Master Member
Reaction score
May be only 1/2 power due to equipment failure or equipment shipment delay, or maybe it will only be full power after switch-off.
We can only speculate...

Anyway, 1/2 vs full power makes a lots of difference in reception I think.
Not necessary true. A good antenna will make up for the low transmitter power. In my case I could receive the digital broadcast with a rabbit ear placed indoor even when my area was not indoor reception ready :s22:

StanII

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For us with non DVB-T2 ready TVs, is it better than we consider a DVB-C tuner box instead and rely on existing cable point?

Or it's still preferred to purchase a DVB-T2 tuner and antenna unit?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.