Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

whongtk

Reaction score
some qns... i juz reno finish and initally i can receive HD channels but not all when i plug in the cable to the scv wall box, but no analog channels... i was told the installer unhook the connection between the SCV box and the roof antenna in my false ceiling. as i need the analog for an older TV, u got it connected..

now when u unplug the cable for the new TV from the SCV box, i get zero HD channels when i scan...i was reading and seems that i need an antenna. So i need to hook the cable to an inhouse antenna?

Yes, if your new TV already comes with DVB-T2 tuner, you need only an indoor antenna. Try this:

1st option (FOC; may or may not work well depending on your location and nearby interference): Find an unused AC-DC adapter as passive indoor antenna see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ9_YveIPhc

2nd option: Get an active (powered) antenna e.g. http://newmediasolutions.azurewebsites.net/Home/STBIoT - under Digital TV accessories - refer to the image on the right (without the set-top)

Last edited:

petetherock

Reaction score
Just a reminder bros
End of this year, analogue TV will be turned off. So do read the first few posts, and get that set top box if you need one. Cheers

hippoheyhey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No extension? I don't like forced to buy a new TV or subscribe to ST SH or forced to buy a set box with unsightly antenna.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No extension? I don't like forced to buy a new TV or subscribe to ST SH or forced to buy a set box with unsightly antenna.

Can't be help if one wishes to watch FTA channels on a non-DTV set come next year.

The migration to DVB-T2 started way back in 2012 so ample time already given regarding the changes much like the switching off of 2G network. Unless there is further delay in the switch over for Ch-U, I don't foresee there will be any extension.

zendude

Banned
Reaction score
I can only receive ch u,cna and okto...what could be the problem? Using a daiyo indoor antenna

zendude

Banned
Reaction score
Punggol 11th floor...tv is panasonic viera 48AX670. I did try shifting the antenna like mr bean but still gimme 3 ch nia...

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't be help if one wishes to watch FTA channels on a non-DTV set come next year.

The migration to DVB-T2 started way back in 2012 so ample time already given regarding the changes much like the switching off of 2G network. Unless there is further delay in the switch over for Ch-U, I don't foresee there will be any extension.

Channel U has been on DVBT2 all along, only that Mediacorp is reluctant to broadcast it in Full HD for some reason.

uncle168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think MediaCorp intend to cease broadcast of channel u next year to cut cost as most people watch channel 8 and channel u only shows channel 8 reruns which doesn't attract advertisers that is why never hd

uncle168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i brought a cheapo $20 dvb-t2 box from qoo10 as my old akira TV still can use

i use the HDB old antenna socket to connect to the box the signal very strong can receive all the channels no need to buy indoor antenna

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think MediaCorp intend to cease broadcast of channel u next year to cut cost as most people watch channel 8 and channel u only shows channel 8 reruns which doesn't attract advertisers that is why never hd

Sounds possible. But Channel U more on korean dramas.

Moreovet previously they retire Channel i. Only kept Channel U.

uncle168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but now got mobile app can watch more korean drama who will watch channel u?

even the news is rerun from channel 8

closing down channel u will save a lot of operating cost

mediacorp money spinner now are radio stations low production cost high margins until everyday on tv they ask you to listen radio

keekeekee

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

No leh, I find Channel U's travel documentaries very interesting, and I am not even Chinese... Pity if they discontinue; really become forsaken adopted child.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but now got mobile app can watch more korean drama who will watch channel u?

even the news is rerun from channel 8

closing down channel u will save a lot of operating cost

mediacorp money spinner now are radio stations low production cost high margins until everyday on tv they ask you to listen radio

keekeekee

Radio, always listen to people chit chat on phone. Wasting time and power.

hippoheyhey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i brought a cheapo $20 dvb-t2 box from qoo10 as my old akira TV still can use

i use the HDB old antenna socket to connect to the box the signal very strong can receive all the channels no need to buy indoor antenna

Is the hdb old antenna socket the same as newer flats that comes only with SCv hole?

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
I can only receive ch u,cna and okto...what could be the problem? Using a daiyo indoor antenna

Bro. Your TV only has DVB-T not the 2nd generation DVB-T2.
Maybe that's why?
Also, yours seem to be the case that when you search, you chose Analogue instead of Digital. When searching, my TV asks for whether I want either or both. Those channels you mentioned are all Analogue channels too.

Worst comes to worst, you can manually search for them by entering the specific channel and frequency and see what you get.

uncle168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think new hdb don't have the socket that is actually a long metal pole that extend to the roof top antenna which has the best reception

the government should actually provide dvbt2 signal by asking scv to connect its network to aerial antenna

indoor antenna reception can never match rooftop one

divinepotato

Reaction score
Any good indoor antennas to recommend? The active one bundled in my Draco set top box doesn't work. My TV is in a windowless room and on the ground floor. The TV location cannot be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.