HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Like Tree322Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2017, 12:32 PM   #31

Thank you. Thank you.
Hitting panic button... when I thought it was March 2017.

I saw on Alibaba some V8 model with dual tuners + DVB C. But I prefer to buy from local shop.

My wife record many programs and watches during weekends. So, 8 hrs may not be enough. Can use 64GB or 128GB USB stick ?
I've been using this 2 TB 2.5" Seagate external HDD with all my STBs without any issues.

What I do is I have more than one 2TB HDD and I swap them around (like video tapes, hehe) so that I can have one still doing recording while I can connect the other to a PC or media player to play back or edit recorded shows.

YMMV.
Cheers!
petebull123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:44 PM   #32

DVB-T will end by the end of February 2017 - less than 2 months from now.

This is the crawler text that is on all DVB-T channels, HD5, CNA (SD), CH5 (SD), CH8 (SD).

Mediacorp is upgrading its digital TV network in Singapore. To continue watching this channel, you need to switch to the new network by 28 February 2017. To learn how to make the switch, please visit www.mediacorp.sg/digitaltv or call 6435 6288.

新传媒正在为新加坡的数码电视服务进行提升。从2017年2月28日起,若要观看此频道须调整到新的数码电视系统。欲知调整步骤,请游览www.mediacorp.sg/digitaltv 或致电 6435 6288。

So if you are seeing this crawler running at the bottom of your video, you are still watching TV on DVB-T and will need to upgrade to DVB-T2.

Last edited by dexter9898; 05-01-2017 at 12:51 PM..
dexter9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:54 PM   #33
Supremacy Member

I've been using this 2 TB 2.5" Seagate external HDD with all my STBs without any issues.

What I do is I have more than one 2TB HDD and I swap them around (like video tapes, hehe) so that I can have one still doing recording while I can connect the other to a PC or media player to play back or edit recorded shows.

YMMV.
Cheers!
Mind sharing the brand & model of your STB?
albertlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:41 PM   #34
Master Member

YMMV.
Cheers!
The targeted user for my set-top box must be as idiot proof as possible. Set up once and use until the system breaks. Just like my LG DVD Recorder.
peterchan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:45 PM   #35
Master Member

I found this MyGica ATV 1950 aka Geniatech Andriod TV Box Quad Core Gold ATV1950. It has dual DVB T2 tuner. This is an ideal STB but it seems like no more in the market.
Old 05-01-2017, 03:42 PM   #36

Mind sharing the brand & model of your STB?
I've used the 2TB Seagate HDD with the following STBs:
1. No brand/model STB from Aliexpress in Oct 2014. Surprisingly, it's still working, hehe.
2. Konka KHDT863 ==> proprietary recorded format. Not able to play back on PC or other media players.
3. K3 China STB from Aliexpress in Apr 2016.
4. K1plus STB from Aliexpress in Aug 2016. It's an Android Kodi player + DVB-T2 (+ satellite stuff unusable here)

Old 05-01-2017, 04:38 PM   #37
Master Member

1. No brand/model STB from Aliexpress in Oct 2014. Surprisingly, it's still working, hehe.
2. Konka KHDT863 ==> proprietary recorded format. Not able to play back on PC or other media players.
4. K1plus STB from Aliexpress in Aug 2016. It's an Android Kodi player + DVB-T2 (+ satellite stuff unusable here)

That's lot's of boxes you have been using.
That MyGica STB looks promising especially the dual tuner one.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:52 PM   #38
Supremacy Member

Thanks for sharing.

When you have the time, can you kindly list the firmware version of item#1 & 3? Tks.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:55 PM   #39
Supremacy Member

Not surprising given that most household would have at least 2 TV sets.

If you're thinking of getting Mygica product, do take note that their tech support suck big time. Couldn't resolve the issue with my USB TV stick.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:19 PM   #40
Master Member

Not surprising given that most household would have at least 2 TV sets.

If you're thinking of getting Mygica product, do take note that their tech support suck big time. Couldn't resolve the issue with my USB TV stick.
Wow ! Thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:29 PM   #41

Not sure whether MyGica did start selling the ATV1950AC.
According to the forum at their site, it seems some users were complaining about issues they had with the previous model ATV1900. Would be good if can get a hold of their user manual to see how the box streams live TV to a secondary Android phone/tablet. DLNA?

Anyway, not tempted....yet, hehe
My Konka set is used as spare tuner for watching TV since I'm not using it to record due to its proprietary format.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:33 PM   #42

Thanks for sharing.

When you have the time, can you kindly list the firmware version of item#1 & 3? Tks.
You asked me that before, hehe.
The reply is here. (Post #711 old thread)
'Old set' refers to the no brand/model set.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:44 PM   #43
Supremacy Member

You asked me that before, hehe.
The reply is here. (Post #711 old thread)
'Old set' refers to the no brand/model set.

LOL, dun recall. How about the K3 STB? I ask in the K3 thread but no one reply.

Edit: silly me, didn't even read first!

Last edited by albertlee; 05-01-2017 at 05:48 PM..
Old 05-01-2017, 06:01 PM   #44
Master Member

Not sure whether MyGica did start selling the ATV1950AC.
According to the forum at their site, it seems some users were complaining about issues they had with the previous model ATV1900. Would be good if can get a hold of their user manual to see how the box streams live TV to a secondary Android phone/tablet. DLNA?

Anyway, not tempted....yet, hehe
My Konka set is used as spare tuner for watching TV since I'm not using it to record due to its proprietary format.

You are far ahead !
I just want to get a good and reliable set and use it until it kaput.
Just like my LG recorder. It has some slight problem but we manage get around it. I hope it can last for another few months.
Before this LG set, we had a Akira set from Carfore at Suntec. That bugger refused to wake after it went on standby mode.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:34 PM   #45

You are far ahead !
I just want to get a good and reliable set and use it until it kaput.
Just like my LG recorder. It has some slight problem but we manage get around it. I hope it can last for another few months.
Before this LG set, we had a Akira set from Carfore at Suntec. That bugger refused to wake after it went on standby mode.
I feel at this juncture, it's better to just get a cheap set and use it until kaput. Treat good and reliable as a bonus, like strike lottery, hehe. Since it's cheap, buy another one as spare just in case, if you like.

DVB-T2 market is not yet as matured as HDD/DVD recorders.
In the latter, many features are already standard across most brands so much so that to up the ante, some manufacturers add features like skipping of adverts and automatically extracting recorded filenames from the EPG, etc.

It would be good to see such features in DVB-T2 STBs in the near future. Otherwise, imagine you have a recording from 2 months ago and you are trying to figure out what exactly did you record....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.