HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread IV

Like Tree348Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2017, 09:39 AM   #1336
AC2

I believed i have dvb c in the setting. Will try tonite when i go home. So meaning the wall connection can still work work with dvb c? Thank for sharing.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:58 AM   #1337
Master Member

I believed i have dvb c in the setting. Will try tonite when i go home. So meaning the wall connection can still work work with dvb c? Thank for sharing.
If it is from starhub/SCV, it should have the DVB-C signal.

Old 05-12-2017, 11:34 PM   #1338
Master Member

Just bought the antenna from sim lim tower. Tried just now at home, picture very clear n reception very good(stay at 11 storey). $12 only. But how to get malaysia channel cos i auto search for digital only.

Malaysia channels, depends on which part of SG you are staying. From my place, I can see Straits of Johore and it's buildings and fireworks, and I am staying at a very high level.

I used a $2 antenna and can only get SG channels , tried using this antenna , I can get all Malaysia channels. Point to note is, I can only get the Msia signals when I place this antenna at a particular point on my window, any other part of the window, no signal.

And 1 thing to take note if buying this antenna from this shop, they tried to charged me $13 each when I buy 2 today, until I told them, my friend bought this at $12 then they bill me $24.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:34 AM   #1339

And 1 thing to take note if buying this antenna from this shop, they tried to charged me $13 each when I buy 2 today, until I told them, my friend bought this at $12 then they bill me $24.
Looks like when demand goes up, price also goes up. Went there a week ago to buy another unit for my friend it was left only a few pieces on the display stand though it was full when I bought my first unit. I am sure they have more in stock. So far all my channels are receiving an average of 90% signal strength with it.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:16 AM   #1340
Master Member

Looks like when demand goes up, price also goes up. Went there a week ago to buy another unit for my friend it was left only a few pieces on the display stand though it was full when I bought my first unit. I am sure they have more in stock. So far all my channels are receiving an average of 90% signal strength with it.
need to connect to 5v power supply?
Old 06-12-2017, 10:27 AM   #1341

No, there is no additional power unit/cable.
Just plug to the TV directly that is all.
I would have inserted a picture to show, but don't know how to. Knows only how to copy and paste but using the Http.....
Old 06-12-2017, 10:42 AM   #1342

I can prove it is digital signal.
1. The Philips TV does not have analogue tuner.
2. I have Starhub SCV box, the digital CH5 and CH8 also display 'Analogue' Logo.
Yes, it is a digital signal but in SD format and not HD.

The analogue logo signal is most likely meant for analogue transmission on Starhub cable, but Starhub used it for their Digital SD encoder therefore causing the confusion.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:58 PM   #1343
Master Member

No, there is no additional power unit/cable.
Just plug to the TV directly that is all.
I would have inserted a picture to show, but don't know how to. Knows only how to copy and paste but using the Http.....
so the specs printed is fake. 20db low noise amplifier, 20db gain, 5v supply..etc

not saying this is a bad antenna, I am using a similar one too, bought for $5 but it is stated as a passive antenna.

Last edited by gregory_choo; 06-12-2017 at 03:04 PM..
Old 06-12-2017, 03:53 PM   #1344

so the specs printed is fake. 20db low noise amplifier, 20db gain, 5v supply..etc

not saying this is a bad antenna, I am using a similar one too, bought for $5 but it is stated as a passive antenna.

ON the antenna 5v power supply in the set-top box option or a separate 5v power inserter if using IDTV aka TV with built-in DVB-T2 tuner
Old 06-12-2017, 08:56 PM   #1345

There are other cheaper sources for passive antenna e.g. eBay. Do check it out.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:02 PM   #1346
Master Member

No where else to plug in any power source.

Anyway , managed to source this from TB at around $7 including shipping.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:40 PM   #1347

No where else to plug in any power source.

Anyway , managed to source this from TB at around $7 including shipping.
Is this exactly the same packaging or with Chinese characters?
Old 06-12-2017, 09:53 PM   #1348
Master Member

Is this exactly the same packaging or with Chinese characters?
Not sure how exactly English or chinese characters on the packaging will affect the functionality of the antenna, the item looked exactly like what I had bought from the shop so I guess it would function the same.

No reference as to how the packaging looked like on the item page. Chances are, there will be different packaging for the different export markets, essentially the item is the same

When the antennas arrive I will update again.

Last edited by stonefish35; 06-12-2017 at 09:59 PM..
Old 06-12-2017, 10:03 PM   #1349

Not sure how exactly English or chinese characters on the packaging will affect the functionality of the antenna, the item looked exactly like what I had bought from the shop so I guess it would function the same.

No reference as to how the packaging looked like on the item page. Chances are, there will be different packaging for the different export markets, essentially the item is the same

When the antennas arrive I will update again.
No problem, just for information only.
I saw a similar looking one in Q0010 market with Chinese packaging going for SGD7+ but buyers complain in the site that it was not effective.
The packaging, I remembered was red and blue with Chinese marking.
I have also stated earlier that I prefer to buy those China product that has European marking on it or packaging as it implies they are exporting to Europe which usually has strict quality requirements.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:32 PM   #1350
Master Member

No problem, just for information only.
I saw a similar looking one in Q0010 market with Chinese packaging going for SGD7+ but buyers complain in the site that it was not effective.
The packaging, I remembered was red and blue with Chinese marking.
I have also stated earlier that I prefer to buy those China product that has European marking on it or packaging as it implies they are exporting to Europe which usually has strict quality requirements.
I see, thanks for the heads up. Will update again after they arrive.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.