Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexter9898

Reaction score
So which the best option? Get from imda or courts /best denki model ? Which model? Prefer to get my signal of course. Stay west side

For me i hav to get the box + antenna as my tv is not digital ready. If nt mistaken if get those bundle set top box, they cm with a passive antenna (no separate ac power supply) rite? They strong enugh to recev my channel?

The bundle antenna is an active antenna but without the power inserter as the set-top box can supply 5V to the antenna. Just need to turn it on from the set-top box menu under "Installation" -> Antenna Power

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
The bundle antenna is an active antenna but without the power inserter as the set-top box can supply 5V to the antenna. Just need to turn it on from the set-top box menu under "Installation" -> Antenna Power

Okie bro. So the antenna is plug to the STB rite? So under "installation" -> antenna power : to turn it on to make it detect MY channels rite?

So for recording is use USB Thumbdrv or port HD? Usb 3.0 rite regardless thumbdrv or HD correct?

So better ger from courts/BD/HN or IMDA? IMDA is get from m1(oledibask IMDA wher their source). I went to m1 shop to ask c the STB. Instruction manual v brief. Nvr mention above queries. Haiz......

Last edited:

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
anyone staying in Queenstown area able to receive m'sia and indo channels ?? if yes wat equipment are you using

dexter9898

Reaction score
Okie bro. So the antenna is plug to the STB rite? So under "installation" -> antenna power : to turn it on to make it detect MY channels rite?

So for recording is use USB Thumbdrv or port HD? Usb 3.0 rite regardless thumbdrv or HD correct?

So better ger from courts/BD/HN or IMDA? IMDA is get from m1(oledibask IMDA wher their source). I went to m1 shop to ask c the STB. Instruction manual v brief. Nvr mention above queries. Haiz......

For Malaysia DVB-T2 on Ch47 - depends on your location, only those stay in the north can try to rx. Those in the east or south can don't bother liao. Batam is also transmitting their analog SCTV on Ch47. RF interference in Singapore air.:s22:

Get box from M1 shop...think only they have stock now

Last edited:

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score

Antenna power by default is "on" if you are referring to the imda starter kit

moron+genius

Reaction score
For Malaysia DVB-T2 on Ch47 - depends on your location, only those stay in the north can try to rx. Those in the east or south can don't bother liao. Batam is also transmitting their analog SCTV on Ch47. RF interference in Singapore air.:s22:
bendemeer, north facing window can receive my channels. can't get indo channels yet, may need to move antenna to a south facing window to try..

prayerboy

Reaction score
I saw the Draco box available at Harvey Norman Suntec. BUT! It comes with the DSC250 instead of the better Funke Combo 5.1... Anyone knows where do they still have stock for the Combo 5.1?

Aizenhart

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, wanted to ask if I am able to manually tune the digital channels to suit the corresponding numbers on the remote for the new media set top box?

The auto tuning left number 1 on my remote empty.

Also am I able to receive the free Starhub sports channel?

Thanks.

chuppachop

Reaction score
Have asked IMDA on how about receiving SH Supersports Arena, the reply is that is a free channel from SH on the cable network ..... They will not mandate SH to transmit it free on T2 ...... Other countries like Malaysia, Thailand, Hk, TV networks use T2 to launch more exclusive T2 Chs .... Only in SG, IMDA will just sit there and dun do anything.

Last edited:

Aizenhart

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have asked IMDA on how about receiving SH Supersports Arena, the reply is that is a free channel from SH on the cable network ..... They will not mandate SH to transmit it free on T2 ...... Other countries like Malaysia, Thailand, Hk, TV networks use T2 to launch more excluaive T2 Chs .... Only in SG, IMDA will just sit there and dun do anything.
I see, so if I would like to watch sports, I will have to either subscribe to cable TV, or get an android box.

comex_1

Reaction score
I see, so if I would like to watch sports, I will have to either subscribe to cable TV, or get an android box.

After I terminated my SCV subscription, my Starhub SCV Box still can receive free SCV Channels, including free Sports Channels.
If you have the Starhub SCV box with non-digital ready TV, no need rush to get DVB-T2 Digital Tuner, use SCV box ( DVB-C)serve as Digital Turner.

Aizenhart

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After I terminated my SCV subscription, my Starhub SCV Box still can receive free SCV Channels, including free Sports Channels.
If you have the Starhub SCV box with non-digital ready TV, no need rush to get DVB-T2 Digital Tuner, use SCV box ( DVB-C)serve as Digital Turner.
Thanks for the notice, but my family does not subscribe to cable TV, so no SCV box.

Also the IMDA personnel came and installed the New Media Solutions set top box today.

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the notice, but my family does not subscribe to cable TV, so no SCV box.

Also the IMDA personnel came and installed the New Media Solutions set top box today.
So the STB from IMDA can do recording? If yes using portable HD or thumbdrv?

Can recev MY channels?

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Nope, the provided box can only receive local channels. I've some of those cheap receiver, all can receive Malaysia channels, with the exception of the IMDA one.

I am using IMDA starter kit and I am receiving all MY channels + 4 radio stations

Last edited:

kelvinsin

Reaction score
Nope, the provided box can only receive local channels. I've some of those cheap receiver, all can receive Malaysia channels, with the exception of the IMDA one.

I using IMDA box and i receiving all malaysia available channels. What happen to yours?

dexter9898

Reaction score

Starhub also phasing out their cable tv and getting their subscribers to change to IPTV. All services on cable will end soon. :s13:

dexter9898

Reaction score

All boxes and TV with DVB-T2 can receive Malaysia channels. U cannot receive signal doesn't means your box is locked to local channels. Digital TV is transmitting only 1 and 0. Either u can receive or u totally can't receive. Don't expect grainy images like analogue TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.