HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Like Tree77Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2018, 04:23 PM   #316
Honorary Member

Earlier I tested the NMS antenna (passive and active) on my K2 STB and USB TV stick, both also cannot receive MY channels. Actually was wondering what so nice about their FTA channel?
Hokkien and Cantonese shows on 八度空間

Interestingly, I heard the Chinese folks in Johor rather watch SG's Channel 8 and U
Old 13-07-2018, 04:45 PM   #317
High Supremacy Member

Hokkien and Cantonese shows on 八度空間

Interestingly, I heard the Chinese folks in Johor rather watch SG's Channel 8 and U
The grass is always greener on the other side.
Old 13-07-2018, 05:49 PM   #318
Supremacy Member

Maybe the local there have trouble tuning to their own FTA channels. This YT user in Kluang, JB compared the signal strength (SS) vs signal quality (SQ) of both SG and MY, their SQ is very bad.

Old 13-07-2018, 07:46 PM   #319
Supremacy Member

My tv has internal tuner already and last time i connected a portable hdd to record program,after few years the hdd spoilt and i suspect it is because there is constant power to the hdd thus spoiling it.

Question-Can i still use a STB despite tv is already dvb-t2 ready? Wanna do this because i wanna use the STB recording function, there is a hdd incorporated in the STB right?
Old 13-07-2018, 08:02 PM   #320
Master Member

My tv has internal tuner already and last time i connected a portable hdd to record program,after few years the hdd spoilt and i suspect it is because there is constant power to the hdd thus spoiling it.

Question-Can i still use a STB despite tv is already dvb-t2 ready? Wanna do this because i wanna use the STB recording function, there is a hdd incorporated in the STB right?
Sure can. The STB will be connected to your TV via HDMI or composite (red, white and yellow). Most STB do not have hard disk but have USB port. Just get a Seagate or WD USB drive and you can record in HD format.
Old 13-07-2018, 08:18 PM   #321
Supremacy Member

Sure can. The STB will be connected to your TV via HDMI or composite (red, white and yellow). Most STB do not have hard disk but have USB port. Just get a Seagate or WD USB drive and you can record in HD format.
oh, most stb has no hdd inside? if that is the case then no point getting it coz if need to connect external usb hdd, i can do that with my tv as well which was what i did previously.

thanks for the quick reply, guess i will make a trip to Courts or BD and check those STBs out.
Old 13-07-2018, 08:23 PM   #322
Honorary Member

Maybe the local there have trouble tuning to their own FTA channels. This YT user in Kluang, JB compared the signal strength (SS) vs signal quality (SQ) of both SG and MY, their SQ is very bad.

Based on the comments, the user combined multiple antennas together and install the antenna on a 4m pole.

Check out the antenna that he is using
Old 14-07-2018, 01:16 AM   #323
Supremacy Member

Based on the comments, the user combined multiple antennas together and install the antenna on a 4m pole.

Check out the antenna that he is using
This is nothing compared to those living in Muar, their antenna is mounted on a 80ft high pole. Mediacorp Tuesday Report got an episode on this, watch it here if interested.
Old 14-07-2018, 07:06 AM   #324
Honorary Member

This is nothing compared to those living in Muar, their antenna is mounted on a 80ft high pole. Mediacorp Tuesday Report got an episode on this, watch it here if interested.
Thanks for sharing

If we can also install our own antenna like this...MY and Indon channels are all within reach
Old 14-07-2018, 10:41 AM   #325
Master Member

Something wrong with his findings .

The signal strength has no meaning because he has install RF amp for his antenna.

Many singapore users are getting good SQ for malaysia channels.

This is one of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYE-...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by gregory_choo; 14-07-2018 at 10:54 AM..
Old 14-07-2018, 11:07 AM   #326
Supremacy Member

Something wrong with his findings .

The signal strength has no meaning because he has install RF amp for his antenna.

Many singapore users are getting good SQ for malaysia channels.

This is one of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYE-...ature=youtu.be
I believed what this YT user is trying to point out that given the distance from SG, he/she can still get good signal reception from SG as compared to their local broadcaster. It is such an irony!
Old 14-07-2018, 11:48 AM   #327
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone using Draco HDT2-7700 receiver able to playback video recorded by it on computer? If so, which video player used?
Old 14-07-2018, 12:12 PM   #328
Supremacy Member

Anyone using Draco HDT2-7700 receiver able to playback video recorded by it on computer? If so, which video player used?
Don't think it's possible, both this and NMS employed HDCP encryption.
Old 14-07-2018, 12:45 PM   #329
Master Member

Just a hunch... once the analog signal is gone. They will a hard getting the digital signal even with a DVB-t2 set-top box. Digital signal is weaker.
Old 14-07-2018, 01:11 PM   #330
Arch-Supremacy Member

Don't think it's possible, both this and NMS employed HDCP encryption.
Is there a way to bypass HDCP to playback on computers?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.