Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

heng_ah

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Draco STB discontinued?
Went to Courts Somerset for imda letter redemption. They have NMS , but Draco is like perpetually out of stock. The salesman says agents don't bring in Draco, no stock nationwide, can't confirm when will be available again, can't pre-order.

The thing is, I dislike NMS "paste on wall" antenna, prefer the bundled Funkee antenna.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Draco STB discontinued?
Went to Courts Somerset for imda letter redemption. They have NMS , but Draco is like perpetually out of stock. The salesman says agents don't bring in Draco, no stock nationwide, can't confirm when will be available again, can't pre-order.

The thing is, I dislike NMS "paste on wall" antenna, prefer the bundled Funkee antenna.
I was also told that Draco is not available at all Courts stores, and no ETA on when it will be available again.

I prefer Draco too but got the NMS box in the end, because the NMS box seems like the the only model readily available now. :o

YoYoMa88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Refer to the link I posted in earlier post, instruction on set-up is there as well.
qEbhxErl.jpg

I was replying to this who had a problem.

My set no problem.

Sent from SomeWhereUpThere using GAGT

kssk88

Reaction score
You brought this to replace/supersedes which STB remote?

Not sure what light you're referring to as there is no indicator light on the remote. And the transmitter end doesn't emit visible light!

The remote which I provided you the link has a small indicator light beside the DVB power button.

In short, think you got the wrong "universal" remote!

I bought it hoping to combine the K2 and my Panasonic TV control.
The seller email me instructions to set up, mentioned to see a flashing LED.
Honestly I was also puzzled where could the LED be.

Agree I might have gotten the wrong idea of "Universal".

Will ask for refund if really can not use.

Hopeful33

Reaction score
Hi all, the installer from imda came over my house yesterday to install the setup box and antenna. I forgot to ask him if I should off my set up box at night when the tv is not in use. May I check if there is a need to off it when not in use?

Thanks in advance.

petetherock

Reaction score
Hi all, the installer from imda came over my house yesterday to install the setup box and antenna. I forgot to ask him if I should off my set up box at night when the tv is not in use. May I check if there is a need to off it when not in use?

Thanks in advance.

You can turn it off for the night to save some electricity..

ahwei91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
regarding the free STB, is there any warranty if by delivery???

go shops redeem will get receipt for warranty??? :s11:

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
regarding the free STB, is there any warranty if by delivery???

go shops redeem will get receipt for warranty??? :s11:

AFAIK, for NMS STB, no receipt is required as they have your record when you redeem. Also there is no need to register for warranty.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Different from?

This one about S$25 nia no need antenna still can receive.

Sent from SomeWhereUpThere using GAGT

Different from the "old" K2 which uses Microstar MSD7T01 SoC. As for the UI, the "new" K2 look similar to the one used in NMS STB.

As for antenna, just using a coaxial cable or a piece of wire will do provided the signal coverage is strong in your area. A proper antenna is still the prefer option.

hotpick

Reaction score
Hmm, you did mentioned that a replacement unit also have the same issue, look like there is QC problem somewhere!

Update- Got the latest FW file from Hyundai, updated the Hyundai STB, buzzing sound much improved (still tiny effect hearable, mayb bearable for most ppl), its volume is much louder than NMS (NMS stb vol control like no effect ,adjust + ~ 16 -20 level only can hear like 1 level vol up), I would say Hyundai's support and service is great , at least for my case.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Update- Got the latest FW file from Hyundai, updated the Hyundai STB, buzzing sound much improved (still tiny effect hearable, mayb bearable for most ppl), its volume is much louder than NMS (NMS stb vol control like no effect ,adjust + ~ 16 -20 level only can hear like 1 level vol up), I would say Hyundai's support and service is great , at least for my case.

For DTV audio, need to set volume level slightly higher than normal on TV side.

As for Hyundai STB, I wonder why there isn't any complains from those who brought this box in Qoo10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.