HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Like Tree77Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-07-2018, 08:11 PM   #391

I bought the Hyundai DVBT2 box connected to a passive 3 dbi gain antenna, can get all sg channel with good picture quality but there is buzzing sound from each channel (like sound of electric current and echo effect) ... swapped with another 20 dbi gain antenna, changed HDMI connection to RCA connection ..even exchange to another Hyundai box still got the buzzing sound ..my TV sound on the analogue channel is normal without connected to the Hyundai DVBT2 box, anyone has similar issue?

Last edited by hotpick; 17-07-2018 at 08:13 PM..
Old 17-07-2018, 09:12 PM   #392

Hi guys , recently I have purchase a antenna from courts ( the one recommended by MDA $29) . Upon setting up on my mum room I can’t get stable connection at all. I try to move around the room with the antenna but still the same. I swop the antenna to living room and it work immmediately . Not tv are digital tv . I called digital tv hotline and is forever waiting for them to get back to me. Anyone face the same issuse and any solution ? TIA
The TV in your mom's room got DVB-T2 tuner? Old flat panel tv bought before or around 2015 got no in-built DVB-T2 tuner.
Old 17-07-2018, 09:28 PM   #393
High Supremacy Member

The TV in your mom's room got DVB-T2 tuner? Old flat panel tv bought before or around 2015 got no in-built DVB-T2 tuner.
I have an LG TV bought in 2013 has in-built DVB-T2 tuner.
Old 17-07-2018, 09:51 PM   #394
Master Member

Is the set top box redeemed online same as the one that we redeemed in the store?
Old 17-07-2018, 10:37 PM   #395
Supremacy Member

Is the set top box redeemed online same as the one that we redeemed in the store?
For online redemption, only the NMS STB is available whilst at the store, one can redeem other IMDA approved model like Draco HDT2-7700 (come with Funke DSC250 antenna).
Old 18-07-2018, 10:01 AM   #396

For online redemption, only the NMS STB is available whilst at the store, one can redeem other IMDA approved model like Draco HDT2-7700 (come with Funke DSC250 antenna).
Which one is better?
Old 18-07-2018, 12:02 PM   #397
Supremacy Member

Which one is better?
Well, there are a number of complaints about the NMS box having issues like unable to tune any channels and faulty remote.

I prefer the Draco bundle as it comes with free Funke antenna and has been around since the start of DTV. But opted for NMS as it is hassle free, just redeem online and it get send directly to your mailbox.
Old 19-07-2018, 02:47 PM   #398
High Supremacy Member

I went to Harvey Norman store at Djitsun Mall AMK and it have a notice that digital TV set top boxes are not available due to it being “sanctioned” by IMDA..

Not sure if it's legit or not..
Old 19-07-2018, 03:36 PM   #399
Supremacy Member

I went to Harvey Norman store at Djitsun Mall AMK and it have a notice that digital TV set top boxes are not available due to it being “sanctioned” by IMDA..

Not sure if it's legit or not..
All STB models? Got take snapshot of the notice?
Old 19-07-2018, 03:43 PM   #400
High Supremacy Member

All STB models? Got take snapshot of the notice?
I'm not too sure if it applies to all models, but didn't see any set top box displayed for sale, only indoor antennas.

Forgot to take a photo of the notice, but if anyone is going to the outlet, the notice is pasted on a TV around with some indoor antenna.
Old 19-07-2018, 05:40 PM   #401

try the $2 type first.
Just to share. TLDR (too long don't read)

I have tried both active & passive antennas.

Summary: If antenna can be placed at good/ideal position -- active antenna does not have much advantage over the passive antenna.

The passive antenna I tried is the cheapo $2 type antenna that Gregory (usually) ask people to try first:
https://www.lazada.sg/products/1x-ho...fsPqi&search=1

I bought a K2 DVB-T2 digital TV receiver set top box (STB) -- used by many other people:
https://shopee.sg/Full-HD-1080P-K2-D...7988.315325734

My K2 DVB-T2 STB is placed in front of my TV -- which is (actually) not too far away (2-3m) from the window.

The cheapo $2 passive antenna can't view/receive Mediacorp DVB-T2 channels properly -- if placed next to the TV.

The cable length of the cheapo $2 passive antenna is (only) about 1m -- not long enough for me to place the passive antenna at the window.

So I bought a 2m coaxial extension cable:
https://www.lazada.sg/products/2m-ma...Ji6L6&search=1

Using the coaxial extension cable, I'm now able to place the cheapo $2 antenna at the window.

To my (pleasant) surprise, when using the cheapo $2 antenna placed at the window, I can receive all Mediacorp DVB-T2 channels properly. Moreover, signal quality of some channels (e.g. Ch 5) can be as high as 90% !!

The point I want to make is that -- if can placed at good/ideal location -- even cheapo $2 antenna can work.

Above correlates to why Gregory (usually) advise people to try the cheapo $2 antenna first.
Forseti likes this.

Last edited by boonkang; 19-07-2018 at 06:29 PM..
Old 19-07-2018, 08:22 PM   #402
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ask you all for advice. My parent's HDB flat structure a bit unique has two living rooms, so we have two TV too. We are still using analogue TV for both living rooms. How would you advise me to fully utilize whatever gadgets I may need? Btw, we don't subscribe to cable tv at home, so we don't have mio and starhub box.

Thanks

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
Old 20-07-2018, 02:14 AM   #403
Master Member

Just to share. TLDR (too long don't read)

I have tried both active & passive antennas.

Summary: If antenna can be placed at good/ideal position -- active antenna does not have much advantage over the passive antenna.

The passive antenna I tried is the cheapo $2 type antenna that Gregory (usually) ask people to try first:
https://www.lazada.sg/products/1x-ho...fsPqi&search=1

I bought a K2 DVB-T2 digital TV receiver set top box (STB) -- used by many other people:
https://shopee.sg/Full-HD-1080P-K2-D...7988.315325734

My K2 DVB-T2 STB is placed in front of my TV -- which is (actually) not too far away (2-3m) from the window.

The cheapo $2 passive antenna can't view/receive Mediacorp DVB-T2 channels properly -- if placed next to the TV.

The cable length of the cheapo $2 passive antenna is (only) about 1m -- not long enough for me to place the passive antenna at the window.

So I bought a 2m coaxial extension cable:
https://www.lazada.sg/products/2m-ma...Ji6L6&search=1

Using the coaxial extension cable, I'm now able to place the cheapo $2 antenna at the window.

To my (pleasant) surprise, when using the cheapo $2 antenna placed at the window, I can receive all Mediacorp DVB-T2 channels properly. Moreover, signal quality of some channels (e.g. Ch 5) can be as high as 90% !!

The point I want to make is that -- if can placed at good/ideal location -- even cheapo $2 antenna can work.

Above correlates to why Gregory (usually) advise people to try the cheapo $2 antenna first.
To add.

If you owned any old VCR or DVD recorder, you should have the coaxial extension cable. It is the RF cable for you to connect from recorder to TV RF input.
Forseti likes this.
Old 20-07-2018, 11:31 PM   #404

Anyone have a recommendation for external antenna? For landed. Don't see the need for so many small ones.
Old 21-07-2018, 03:50 PM   #405

only courts carry draco? even their website to check for stock is not reliable. went harvey norman only saw NMS. yet to try best denki or gain city still looking for the draco in the west side.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.