Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be honest, that $100 is not full $100 also. U still need to buy the antenna, cheapest is S$29. So technically, you are getting S$71 off your TV purchase. Still better than nothing.

It may not be necessary to buy the $29 antenna. I am using those $2 passive antenna from lazada.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
It may not be necessary to buy the $29 antenna. I am using those $2 passive antenna from lazada.

Is it? From the letter it's like you need to buy from the big 4 to get that $100 off. Needed one anyway, just get the cheapest.

xdivider

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it? From the letter it's like you need to buy from the big 4 to get that $100 off. Needed one anyway, just get the cheapest.

must have. i been to all 4 vendors. the thing is to claim the rebate, the serial number of antenna is needed........

will suggest the funke 250. should be better than the next cheapest antenna by quite a bit.........

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Ya thanks! Looking at Sony site, they have W66E, it’s just $50 above W650 but non of the big 4 carry it. Haiz, else I would have go for that model.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

must have. i been to all 4 vendors. the thing is to claim the rebate, the serial number of antenna is needed........

will suggest the funke 250. should be better than the next cheapest antenna by quite a bit.........

of course, you can only use the $100 letter from the 4 companies, and only selected models.

who said can claim $2 antenna bought online.

but if you need to use the full $100 to offset a TV, then pay $2 cash to buy an antenna online, if you don't need active antenna.

Last edited:

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm, to offset the $100, I need to buy a antenna from them, tv + antenna. At least this is what Norman and best told me. I can’t use the full $100 offset.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm, to offset the $100, I need to buy a antenna from them, tv + antenna. At least this is what Norman and best told me. I can’t use the full $100 offset.
The DTV Starter Kit leaflet did mention that the $100 voucher can be used either:
- Purchase of qualified indoor antenna,
- Purchase of qualified set top box+indoor antenna, or
- Purchase of qualified IDTV with indoor antenna
bqnJ3YE.jpg

Qualified equipments:
FPvwqcf.jpg

https://www.digitaltv.sg/web/data/faq-tips/pdf/DTV-Starter-Kit-Equipment-List.pdf

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Ya. I'm buying the TV + Antenna option. So its 629 + 29. Then minus off the 100.

Ok think the confusion here is, i treat the antenna as a standalone purchase, which i minus off from the 100, that's why i say 71. :s13:

Sorry for the confusion. :D

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I bring this letter to the big 4 and I choose the Funke Antenna & Draco set-up box bundle, do I need to top up any cash?
Don't need top up extra, as the Draco box bundle cost $100 iirc which meet the $100 voucher limit.

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
Good news everyone! Seems like courts Clementi has replenished the STB stocks - both NMS and Draco. I gt a Draco STB 100$ - The STB is bundled with a funke250 antenna. Looks v nice n presentable. Antenna can b placed vertically n horizontally.

Hav tested the channels- stay clementi. Only can get local FTA channels. On off antenna power at settings seems no diff to me. Hav yet to test the recording function. Will either use my 1TB or get a new 5TB hdd for recording.

Any bro can highlight y i cant get msia channels? Search channels thru auto scan at settings.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good news everyone! Seems like courts Clementi has replenished the STB stocks - both NMS and Draco. I gt a Draco STB 100$ - The STB is bundled with a funke250 antenna. Looks v nice n presentable. Antenna can b placed vertically n horizontally.

Hav tested the channels- stay clementi. Only can get local FTA channels. On off antenna power at settings seems no diff to me. Hav yet to test the recording function. Will either use my 1TB or get a new 5TB hdd for recording.

Any bro can highlight y i cant get msia channels? Search channels thru auto scan at settings.
I don't think Malaysia DTV signal can reach to Clementi area.. :o

boonkang

Reaction score
Finally got the Draco set at AMK Courts. Stocks are in!

Good news everyone! Seems like courts Clementi has replenished the STB stocks - both NMS and Draco. I gt a Draco STB 100$ - The STB is bundled with a funke250 antenna...

I was at Courts Tampines & Harvey Norman Hougang Mall today (Fri 3/8).

Stocks for Draco set are also available at these 2 outlets.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If you off the antenna power and still can get 8 local channels, you can replace the active antenna with a $2 passive antenna.

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
If you off the antenna power and still can get 8 local channels, you can replace the active antenna with a $2 passive antenna.

Haha. Ok. Anyway its bundled tget w the STB. Quite like the sleek n flat rect design of the antenna. Hav remove the antenna usb cable to tv usb slot. No effect so don wan waste power. 🤣

boonkang

Reaction score
By now everyone should know that using the IMDA $100 digital TV redemption letter, you can use it to get/buy either:
(1) Just antenna(s)
(2) DVB-T2 receiver set top box + antenna
(3) New TV with built-in DVB-T2 + antenna

For (1) or (2) -- if using the IMDA redemption letter to buy, can only select models stated on the IMDA approved list of digital TV equipment.

Just FYI...

I was with a friend at Harvey Norman Hougang Mall on Fri 3/8.
My friend wanted to use the IMDA redemption letter to get antennas only -- since he already has a TV with built-in DVB-T2.

My friend initially wanted to get 2 x Funke DSC550 antennas.

Then we found out that besides Funke DSC550, stocks for DSC560 are also available (yes, Funke DSC560).

A quick check on the Internet shows that -- the Funke DSC560 antenna has been (recently) added into list of approved digital TV equipment for redemption by IMDA letter.

The UPDATED (2018-08-01) list of IMDA approved digital TV equipment for redemption can be found here:
https://www.digitaltv.sg/web/data/faq-tips/pdf/DTV-Starter-Kit-Equipment-List.pdf

Asked the salesman at Harvey Norman what's the difference between Funke DSC560 & DSC550 -- and was told the DSC560 is a 46db antenna while the DSC550 is a 35db antenna.

(Not sure -- during actual usage --- how much better is the DSC560 compared to the DSC550. The exterior design & colour of both Funke DSC560 & DSC550 looks similar to me.)

So instead of getting 2 x Funke DSC550 -- my friend got 1 x Funke DSC560 + 1 x Funke DSC550.

Funke DSC560 price: SGD$65
Funke DSC550 price: SGD$49

Cost of DSC560 + DSC550 = $65 + $49 = $114

So my friend topped up $14 ($114 - $100 offset by IMDA redemption letter) -- and he went home with 1 x Funke DSC560 + 1 x Funke DSC550 antennas :)

(Refer to photos below)

lJ9NocI.jpg

85yJL4Y.jpg

84o9qBM.jpg

ItnTJJM.jpg

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By now everyone should know that using the IMDA $100 digital TV redemption letter, you can use it to get/buy either:
(1) Just antenna(s)
(2) DVB-T2 receiver set top box + antenna
(3) New TV with built-in DVB-T2 + antenna

For (1) or (2) -- if using the IMDA redemption letter to buy, can only select models stated on the IMDA approved list of digital TV equipment.

Just FYI...

I was with a friend at Harvey Norman Hougang Mall on Fri 3/8.
My friend wanted to use the IMDA redemption letter to get antennas only -- since he already has a TV with built-in DVB-T2.

My friend initially wanted to get 2 x Funke DSC550 antennas.

Then we found out that besides Funke DSC550, stocks for DSC560 are also available (yes, Funke DSC560).

A quick check on the Internet shows that -- the Funke DSC560 antenna has been (recently) added into list of approved digital TV equipment for redemption by IMDA letter.

The UPDATED (2018-08-01) list of IMDA approved digital TV equipment for redemption can be found here:

Asked the salesman at Harvey Norman what's the difference between Funke DSC560 & DSC550 -- and was told the DSC560 is a 46db antenna while the DSC550 is a 35db antenna.

(Not sure -- during actual usage --- how much better is the DSC560 compared to the DSC550. The exterior design & colour of both Funke DSC560 & DSC550 looks similar to me.)

So instead of getting 2 x Funke DSC550 -- my friend got 1 x Funke DSC560 + 1 x Funke DSC550.

Funke DSC560 price: SGD$65
Funke DSC550 price: SGD$49

Cost of DSC560 + DSC550 = $65 + $49 = $114

So my friend topped up $14 ($114 - $100 offset by IMDA redemption letter) -- and he went home with 1 x Funke DSC560 + 1 x Funke DSC550 antennas :)

(Refer to photos below)

https://i.imgur.com/lJ9NocI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/85yJL4Y.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/84o9qBM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ItnTJJM.jpg

What are the differences between the 250, 550 and 560? not asking about the spec, but the real performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.