Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubuto

Reaction score
Guys, sorry to ask my question here but tolong help me if you can.

After I give up my Starhub cable TV subscription (soon), can I continue to watch the free TV channels from the SH TV point or do I need to get technician to create new TV point for me?

Also, is it better to get new digital TV or just buy the set-top box/antenna? I dun watch TV much.

Kam sia!

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

After I give up my Starhub cable TV subscription (soon), can I continue to watch the free TV channels from the SH TV point or do I need to get technician to create new TV point for me?

Also, is it better to get new digital TV or just buy the set-top box/antenna? I dun watch TV much.

Kam sia!

If you cancel your StarHub TV subscription before Dec 2018, you can apply for the DTV Starter Kit at https://starterkit.digitaltv.sg/#apply, as you can't receive Mediacorp TV channels from the SH TV point after 2018.

The Starter Kit will entitle you to a free set top box and indoor antenna, or you can use it to buy a new TV for a $100 discount.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Kam sia!

no point to create tv point.

IMDA's dbv-t2 initiative is to do away all tv points.

If you stay in HDB flat, you can write to IMDA to ask for the $100 voucher after you terminated your starhub.

d4rkw1sH

Reaction score
Good news everyone! Seems like courts Clementi has replenished the STB stocks - both NMS and Draco. I gt a Draco STB 100$ - The STB is bundled with a funke250 antenna. Looks v nice n presentable. Antenna can b placed vertically n horizontally.

Hav tested the channels- stay clementi. Only can get local FTA channels. On off antenna power at settings seems no diff to me. Hav yet to test the recording function. Will either use my 1TB or get a new 5TB hdd for recording.

Any bro can highlight y i cant get msia channels? Search channels thru auto scan at settings.

does your funke antenna feel like theres a loose part inside mine feels that way? i cant receive any malaysia channels from upper bukit timah either. analogue still can get tv1 all these =\ now only all sg channel...

Zubuto

Reaction score
If you cancel your StarHub TV subscription before Dec 2018, you can apply for the DTV Starter Kit at https://starterkit.digitaltv.sg/#apply, as you can't receive Mediacorp TV channels from the SH TV point after 2018.

The Starter Kit will entitle you to a free set top box and indoor antenna, or you can use it to buy a new TV for a $100 discount.

Hi Bro

Just to clarify:

Does this mean that I can use the SCV TV point (connect to my TV) to watch free channels even if I am no longer SH TV subscriber (ie before 1 Jan 2019)?

(I thought the SCV TV point is exclusive only to SH subscribers, and hence I may need to have a new TV point created for my use. Currently I am using the SCV TV point to watch cable TV).

Zubuto

Reaction score
no point to create tv point.

IMDA's dbv-t2 initiative is to do away all tv points.

If you stay in HDB flat, you can write to IMDA to ask for the $100 voucher after you terminated your starhub.

Hi Bro

If move to digital and use the DTV starter kit, does this mean no need to connect TV to wall TV point anymore?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Bro

Just to clarify:

Does this mean that I can use the SCV TV point (connect to my TV) to watch free channels even if I am no longer SH TV subscriber (ie before 1 Jan 2019)?

(I thought the SCV TV point is exclusive only to SH subscribers, and hence I may need to have a new TV point created for my use. Currently I am using the SCV TV point to watch cable TV).

Yes, you can still use the SCV TV point to watch free Mediacorp channels albeit analogue SD channels until 31st December 2018.

However, you may want to switch to digital TV after cancelling your StarHub TV subscription so you don't have to bother with the switch after the analogue TV shutdown after 2018.

When you switched to digital TV, you don't have to connect your TV to the SCV TV point.

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In other words, come 1 Jan 2019, the SCV points no use for everyone already, right?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In other words, come 1 Jan 2019, the SCV points no use for everyone already, right?
It will still be useful for those still subscribing to StarHub cable TV, but StarHub is doing migration to fibre TV in the meantime as they will cease the cable network in 2020.

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
does your funke antenna feel like theres a loose part inside mine feels that way? i cant receive any malaysia channels from upper bukit timah either. analogue still can get tv1 all these =\ now only all sg channel...
I jus try to shake my antenna (tat small flat rect thingy w the funke logo). No loose things inside lei.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To all NMS STB owner, does your set have electrical leakage at the connector ends?

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
Did u shake the funke antenna tget with the "clip" tat make the antenna stand? Mayb sound from the clip la. Try take out the clip.

suuhhc

Reaction score
Is it possible to redeem set top box from the retailer on behalf of my dad by bringing his IC & redemption letter? Anyone done this before?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to redeem set top box from the retailer on behalf of my dad by bringing his IC & redemption letter? Anyone done this before?
You have to fill up the authorisation form on the starter kit letter.

d4rkw1sH

Reaction score
Did u shake the funke antenna tget with the "clip" tat make the antenna stand? Mayb sound from the clip la. Try take out the clip.

nah tried without the clips both my funke antenna have like some loose parts inside when u shake it back and forth but guess its irrelevant ba still works.

anyway upper bukit timah can get the malaysia channels but very hard to adjust to find the correct spot. i thought can get ok alr then moved it to a corner facing same direction so its not in the way then cannot get the signal again alr got lazy to search for the sweet spot again.

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. For those using the Draco STB.

Encounter the following small issues during recording:
1) When trying to use timer recording (specify a certain time record span ie 1701 - 1703hrs), after it completed it will come out a irritating 10s countdown dialog box to prompt u if wan to go on standby. If u select no, then u will continue to watch the current channel. If nt it will power off

2) While watching on CH5 n did a timer recording on CNA few minutes ago, upon the starting time it will auto switch to tat recording channel. Disrupting me watching on current channel.

Any bros here encounter same issues? How to avoid? TIA.

Leion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally bought a Draco set from courts. I got home and it could not power up. Sian
Anyone knows if I could do a one for one replacement at courts?

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
Finally bought a Draco set from courts. I got home and it could not power up. Sian
Anyone knows if I could do a one for one replacement at courts?
I also gt from courts. Draco. I did ask the cashier wat to do if spoilt. He replied within 7 or 10days spoilt, come bk to the store. More than tat go svc ctr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.