HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Like Tree77Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2018, 03:58 PM   #406
High Supremacy Member

only courts carry draco? even their website to check for stock is not reliable. went harvey norman only saw NMS. yet to try best denki or gain city still looking for the draco in the west side.
Most retailers seems to carry NMS model only, Draco model quite rare to be found nowadays..

Btw, Courts don't have stock for digital TV set top boxes at all Courts outlets.
Old 21-07-2018, 04:25 PM   #407

normally if the tv has RGB component input, it should have composite input too.

Look for yellow connector - left side, right side, behind, top and bottom.

If really cannot find, then you need to buy a converter.

hdmi to component RGB (or YPbPr) converter.

please note that component video is analog, it may still give you near 720p resolution, however, it demands high quality cable, else you will see interference pattern on the screen.

one example

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017...814528525.html
Just to highlight Component connections can support 1080p.
Old 21-07-2018, 05:33 PM   #408

Most retailers seems to carry NMS model only, Draco model quite rare to be found nowadays..

Btw, Courts don't have stock for digital TV set top boxes at all Courts outlets.
learnt it the hard way checked their website see got stock at some outlet went down then found out actually is no more stock.
Old 22-07-2018, 04:28 PM   #409

learnt it the hard way checked their website see got stock at some outlet went down then found out actually is no more stock.
call the shop ahead rather than check online
Old 22-07-2018, 09:23 PM   #410

How to receive Malaysia and Indonesia digital channels?
Old 22-07-2018, 09:55 PM   #411
Supremacy Member

Guess this has been used here for some time already

Am looking forward to receiving it

Last edited by YoYoMa88; 22-07-2018 at 10:25 PM..
Old 22-07-2018, 10:03 PM   #412

How to receive Malaysia and Indonesia digital channels?
See the Malaysia and Indo thread.

Use the Search Button and Read the Stickies!

My home theatre gear and my blog:

https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2019...tup-42019.html
Old 23-07-2018, 10:26 AM   #413
Master Member

I bought the Hyundai DVBT2 box connected to a passive 3 dbi gain antenna, can get all sg channel with good picture quality but there is buzzing sound from each channel (like sound of electric current and echo effect) ... swapped with another 20 dbi gain antenna, changed HDMI connection to RCA connection ..even exchange to another Hyundai box still got the buzzing sound ..my TV sound on the analogue channel is normal without connected to the Hyundai DVBT2 box, anyone has similar issue?
Try go through the TV and box audio options. Off anything that give audio boost.
Old 25-07-2018, 10:06 AM   #414

AVOID THE "BLUE" BOX DVB-T2 = Super high failure rate within 3 months

Old 25-07-2018, 02:43 PM   #415
Supremacy Member

Which marketplace?

Sent from SomeWhereUpThere using GAGT
Old 25-07-2018, 05:26 PM   #416

Was just told to settle this Digital TV issue for my grandmother.

She has the letter for the $100 redemption. Should i just redeem the standard setup box and antenna? Or if i utilize the 100 voucher at courts, best denki etc, any recommendations on the best combination to utilize the voucher?

Thanks in advance!
Old 25-07-2018, 05:33 PM   #417
High Supremacy Member

She has the letter for the $100 redemption. Should i just redeem the standard setup box and antenna? Or if i utilize the 100 voucher at courts, best denki etc, any recommendations on the best combination to utilize the voucher?

Thanks in advance!
Does your grandma's TV support DVB-T2? If it does, then can use the $100 voucher to redeem indoor antenna for it.

Otherwise, you can redeem the standard setup box and antenna online or use the $100 voucher to redeem the setup box and antenna at participating electronic stores.
Old 25-07-2018, 06:46 PM   #418

Thanks in advance!
Hw soon yr grandma wan watch digital? Nwadys the 4 retailers no stocks for STB, So u may wana go online redemption or collect fr starhub. If tv oledi gt dvb-t2, then jus get atenna fr the 4 retailers.

Or if her tv old n gt problem, may use the voucher buy digital tv but mayb limit models to choose fr n mayb higher price. Pls chk.
Old 25-07-2018, 11:59 PM   #419

Guys I need your advice on my best option for my case as follows:

- Owns 2 Digital Ready TVs at home (i.e. don't need any STBs)
- Staying in Choa Chu Kang area (wish to receive Indo and Msia channels if possible)
- I prefer passive indoor antennas (no need power source) over active ones, if 4 outlets only provide active ones then bo bian active lor

I need to get 2 x indoor antennas only, and I'm definitely going for redemption at the 4 outlets with the $100 vouchers.

Questions
1) Can advise which models should I be getting, in order to maximize my $100 voucher without topping up too much?

2) So for Indo and Msia channels, as long as I do a manual/auto tuning of the channel signals, if able to get means able to get, can't means can't, no other steps to do?

3) Can the $100 redeem 2 x antennas or can only redeem 1??
Old 26-07-2018, 12:12 AM   #420
High Supremacy Member

Guys I need your advice on my best option for my case as follows:

- Owns 2 Digital Ready TVs at home (i.e. don't need any STBs)
- Staying in Choa Chu Kang area (wish to receive Indo and Msia channels if possible)
- I prefer passive indoor antennas (no need power source) over active ones, if 4 outlets only provide active ones then bo bian active lor

I need to get 2 x indoor antennas only, and I'm definitely going for redemption at the 4 outlets with the $100 vouchers.

Questions
1) Can advise which models should I be getting, in order to maximize my $100 voucher without topping up too much?

2) So for Indo and Msia channels, as long as I do a manual/auto tuning of the channel signals, if able to get means able to get, can't means can't, no other steps to do?

3) Can the $100 redeem 2 x antennas or can only redeem 1??
1) You can consider the Funke DSC550, cost $49 at Harvey Norman which you can purchase two to maximise the $100 voucher.

https://www.harveynorman.com.sg/tv-b...a-dsc-550.html

2) It depends on your location, so if you can't get Malaysia or Indonesia channels means cannot receive. You can try manually tuning to digital TV CH47 for Malaysia channels.

3) You can redeem two antennas with the $100 voucher, a few people did manage to get two antennas with the voucher.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.