Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYoMa88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
may be he is asking for dvb-c, dvb-c is also digital.
Thanks for helping to educate me.

It an old box and I understand with newer SHSTB, no digital box required for now.

Hence am wondering if am the old SHSTB connected to HDB cable point will work till end if the year or even 2020?

Sent from SomeWhereUpThere using GAGT

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for helping to educate me.

It an old box and I understand with newer SHSTB, no digital box required for now.

Hence am wondering if am the old SHSTB connected to HDB cable point will work till end if the year or even 2020?

Sent from SomeWhereUpThere using GAGT

Any STB from SH should be able to receive DTV via DVB-C from SH source. The question is whether they will continue to made it available to non-subscriber after end-2018 remains to be seen. Other then that, it will be another 2yrs before they eventually pull the plug in providing TV services via coaxial cable.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any STB from SH should be able to receive DTV via DVB-C from SH source. The question is whether they will continue to made it available to non-subscriber after end-2018 remains to be seen. Other then that, it will be another 2yrs before they eventually pull the plug in providing TV services via coaxial cable.

Can watch till cable TV cease.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can watch till cable TV cease.

Cable TV will never cease lah, not unless SH decided to give up this business for good. It only the mode of delivery that will change, currently is via coaxial cable and eventually all will be by fibre (IPTV).

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cable TV will never cease lah, not unless SH decided to give up this business for good. It only the mode of delivery that will change, currently is via coaxial cable and eventually all will be by fibre (IPTV).

May be you have not read Starhub announcement. They are moving to IP via boardband. New subscriber no more on cable.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May be you have not read Starhub announcement. They are moving to IP via boardband. New subscriber no more on cable.

I am well aware, that why I mentioned eventually all (by 2020) will need to move to fibre network if they want cable TV service from SH. :s22:

abkt99

Reaction score
Hi.I'm using a non digital tv ready Tv.Currently which is the best deal available?Is it better to buy outside or ask them come and install?Any much diff?Thanks

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am well aware, that why I mentioned eventually all (by 2020) will need to move to fibre network if they want cable TV service from SH. :s22:

I have the same question that if my boardband is not Starhub. Can I get Starhub IP TV (no more cable TV service) in my home?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi.I'm using a non digital tv ready Tv.Currently which is the best deal available?Is it better to buy outside or ask them come and install?Any much diff?Thanks

Get online store like Q0010 or Lazada find DVBT2 STB, is around $20 +/-.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can get but reception may not be good. U get what you paid.

Actually no difference in terms of reception, they are using the same chipset.

May be there is little heat and reliability problem due to low production cost. But you can buy 3-4 sets with same money you paid for a local set.

khk_syv

Reaction score
My old aged parents now complained that they need to use 2 remote controls for both our TV and DVB-T2 setup box, and they get very confused.

Anybody know how to control both TV and setup box by using 1 single remote control only?
Sorry, repost.

You managed to solve this problem? I'm having the same problem too...Draco box. thx in advance.

honestguy

Reaction score
If you are using K2 box, you can get the Huayu RM D1155+5 universal remote to control both K2 and TV. See my previous post #1122.

If you are using Draco box, I am unsure if Huayu one works.

I am using a Logitech Harmony 350 to control both K2 box and TV. Cheaper to buy from Amazon.com drop to around S$35 now. See my previous post #1001.

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are using K2 box, you can get the Huayu RM D1155+5 universal remote to control both K2 and TV. See my previous post #1122.

If you are using Draco box, I am unsure if Huayu one works.

I am using a Logitech Harmony 350 to control both K2 box and TV. Cheaper to buy from Amazon.com drop to around S$35 now. See my previous post #1001.

one way is to get an IR-learning remote control. It can be configured to work with both TV and box. Price: $5-$10

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry, repost.

You managed to solve this problem? I'm having the same problem too...Draco box. thx in advance.

Doesn't the Draco remote come with "spare" buttons to control the TV power on/off and volume level similar to the NMS STB?

The NMS remote auto-learn feature is so much better than the China one mentioned by honestguy, the former only need to "learn" once whilst the latter still unable to do so after numerous attempts!

MrAwesomeX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good news everyone! Seems like courts Clementi has replenished the STB stocks - both NMS and Draco. I gt a Draco STB 100$ - The STB is bundled with a funke250 antenna. Looks v nice n presentable. Antenna can b placed vertically n horizontally.

Hav tested the channels- stay clementi. Only can get local FTA channels. On off antenna power at settings seems no diff to me. Hav yet to test the recording function. Will either use my 1TB or get a new 5TB hdd for recording.

Any bro can highlight y i cant get msia channels? Search channels thru auto scan at settings.

This set is better than the default option one they free delivery to you huh?

Wanna maximize my 100 voucher too :D

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the Draco remote come with "spare" buttons to control the TV power on/off and volume level similar to the NMS STB?

The NMS remote auto-learn feature is so much better than the China one mentioned by honestguy, the former only need to "learn" once whilst the latter still unable to do so after numerous attempts!
Draco remote should be this, doesn't have learning function like on the NMS remote:
draco_digital_tv_tuner_box_1504613085_d4a11a53.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.