Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
Try use it n review. Some say learning function on the remote gt prob. Try recording c if any unusual stuff crops up.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Understand that Mediacorp channel audio 1 track is 5.1 sound (think is HE AAC format). Anybody manage to get 5.1 sound if it is feed to a AVR receiver?

yes can. make sure your home theater system is able to decode AAC5.1 and Dolby5.1.
if u recv via DVB-T2 over the air, the audio is AAC5.1, recv via starhub cable tv the audio is Dolby5.1.
also make sure your set top box audio output is set to raw or passthrough when sending audio to HTS/AVR.

btw, most of the fta tv channels around the world broadcast in 1080i, not p, 1080i is HD. 2160p is 4K/UHD.

neji_kun

Reaction score
Any particular brand/model AVR that can decode AAC5.1? As most in the market only decode Dolby and DTS.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I redeemed the New Media Solutions Set-top box a few months back, and I am currently experiencing some problems because the non-digital TV attached to the STB died this afternoon. I tried to hook it up to multiple 1440x900, 1600x900 and 1280x1024 PC monitors via HDMI but all of them could not receive the video signal. The monitors either does not display anything, displays "out of range" error messages or flashes purple in colour. Previously, I have toyed with the settings of the STB and came to know that the default resolution/format of the STB is 720i/1080i(I forgot which, but it is i), with options to switch to 720p/1080p manually. I am suspecting the monitors cannot receive i signals. Now that I have no TVs to check out the menu, I am attempting to do a blind settings change to other resolutions, in hoping for one of the monitors to 'pick up' the video signal somehow. I am hence requesting for pictures/screenshots of the settings menu (up till resolution change) so that I can hopefully use the monitor as a TV.

Thanks for any help in advance!

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I redeemed the New Media Solutions Set-top box a few months back, and I am currently experiencing some problems because the non-digital TV attached to the STB died this afternoon. I tried to hook it up to multiple 1440x900, 1600x900 and 1280x1024 PC monitors via HDMI but all of them could not receive the video signal. The monitors either does not display anything, displays "out of range" error messages or flashes purple in colour. Previously, I have toyed with the settings of the STB and came to know that the default resolution/format of the STB is 720i/1080i(I forgot which, but it is i), with options to switch to 720p/1080p manually. I am suspecting the monitors cannot receive i signals. Now that I have no TVs to check out the menu, I am attempting to do a blind settings change to other resolutions, in hoping for one of the monitors to 'pick up' the video signal somehow. I am hence requesting for pictures/screenshots of the settings menu (up till resolution change) so that I can hopefully use the monitor as a TV.

Get a new TV.

franco8822

Reaction score
Hi all,

Getting a new tv is more worth while

weeza77

Reaction score
Hi all,

Go to next door neighbour, set up the box to the resolution supported by your TV/Monitor. Bring drinks/beer.

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

If i get u correctly, u do nt hav a tv to view the settings from the STB. Yr pc monitor show various res settings n no signal displays.

1) verify 1st yr STB is wking fine. Don assume is new or watever wont spoilt. Could b the reason y ur pc did nt recev the correct signal.

2) boro a small tv from fren family bro sis god father mother sis bro to test. When get the correct signal, plug in yr pc monitor c if can detect.

miketkf

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a HDTV that have 2 or 3 HDMI output so that it can also be connected to my another old PC. Which is the better to buy a 32" smart HD ready HDTV or a 40" smart full HD ready HDTV so that I can utilize my $100 voucher.

suuhhc

Reaction score
Hi all,

Your stb manual should have the setting steps with picture. Anyway it is hard to do it just blindly. Maybe this is just a temporary measure but buy a new TV is more practical & u can carry it back on the same day, no waiting.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a HDTV that have 2 or 3 HDMI output so that it can also be connected to my another old PC. Which is the better to buy a 32" smart HD ready HDTV or a 40" smart full HD ready HDTV so that I can utilize my $100 voucher.

Don't think can offset with DTV kit unless the TV itself is DTV.

suuhhc

Reaction score

Depend purely on your need & budget. 32" or 40" TV will all exceed $100 so u can fully utilize the $100 voucher.

miketkf

Reaction score
Tonight at 8:20pm, I just bought this Samsung 40" Smart HDTV with free AC Ryan Booster Antenna with $100 discount voucher from Courts SG as shown below:
https://www.courts.com.sg/samsung-ua40j5250dkxxs-40-in-full-hd-smart-led-tv-ip138023
PS : You still need to buy another digital antenna as the salesman told me that the free AC Ryan Booster Antenna is not counted as one package (Digital HDTV + digital antenna). So I have to buy Funke City 5.1 Combo active indoor-outdoor antenna.
https://www.courts.com.sg/funke-city-5-1-combo-active-indoor-outdoor-antenna-ip079626
I have to wait for it to arrive on 3/9/18.

guyferic

Reaction score
need advice. listed down 2 TV, Sharp LC45LES80X & Sony KDL43W660F, do I still need antenna for local channel? if I dont want antenna/stb, is android tv better as I can install app like toggle or cloudtv for online stream? tks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.