Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
need advice. listed down 2 TV, Sharp LC45LES80X & Sony KDL43W660F, do I still need antenna for local channel? if I dont want antenna/stb, is android tv better as I can install app like toggle or cloudtv for online stream? tks
Yes, you still need an indoor antenna to receive digital TV.

Toggle may work too, as it have live streams of Mediacorp channels but sometimes due to copyright, some shows may not be available to watch via the streams.

Overtmission

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tonight at 8:20pm, I just bought this Samsung 40" Smart HDTV with free AC Ryan Booster Antenna with $100 discount voucher from Courts SG as shown below:
https://www.courts.com.sg/samsung-ua40j5250dkxxs-40-in-full-hd-smart-led-tv-ip138023
PS : You still need to buy another digital antenna as the salesman told me that the free AC Ryan Booster Antenna is not counted as one package (Digital HDTV + digital antenna). So I have to buy Funke City 5.1 Combo active indoor-outdoor antenna.
https://www.courts.com.sg/funke-city-5-1-combo-active-indoor-outdoor-antenna-ip079626
I have to wait for it to arrive on 3/9/18.

How much u paid for this bundle deal?

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I redeemed the New Media Solutions Set-top box a few months back, and I am currently experiencing some problems because the non-digital TV attached to the STB died this afternoon. I tried to hook it up to multiple 1440x900, 1600x900 and 1280x1024 PC monitors via HDMI but all of them could not receive the video signal. The monitors either does not display anything, displays "out of range" error messages or flashes purple in colour. Previously, I have toyed with the settings of the STB and came to know that the default resolution/format of the STB is 720i/1080i(I forgot which, but it is i), with options to switch to 720p/1080p manually. I am suspecting the monitors cannot receive i signals. Now that I have no TVs to check out the menu, I am attempting to do a blind settings change to other resolutions, in hoping for one of the monitors to 'pick up' the video signal somehow. I am hence requesting for pictures/screenshots of the settings menu (up till resolution change) so that I can hopefully use the monitor as a TV.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Antenna didn't got the signal. SG signal is very poor. I had to pull the antenna outside the window if I wanted to watch TV. Sometimes don't feel like watching at all, as its ulgy and troublesome.

suuhhc

Reaction score
Antenna didn't got the signal. SG signal is very poor. I had to pull the antenna outside the window if I wanted to watch TV. Sometimes don't feel like watching at all, as its ulgy and troublesome.

You need better antenna. Have you try Funke range of antenna? I used to get poor signal quality which fluctuating from 98%-0% resulting in freeze image, lost of sound etc. I stay at low floor with many tall trees right in front of my doorstep. Problem solved after using Funke DSC250, stable signal quality & no more freezing. I just have to put it on my TV console.

Last edited:

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oZpUIOel.jpg

Bought this for my mum's place living room. We were using 27" CRT, so 32" should be sufficient already. Connecting up should be quite idiot proof right. :p

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
oZpUIOel.jpg

Bought this for my mum's place living room. We were using 27" CRT, so 32" should be sufficient already. Connecting up should be quite idiot proof right. :p

Erm. Price so cheap. But since it is bought oversea, how is the warranty? N btw hav u tested it out if can recev dtv?

dexter9898

Reaction score
Hi all,

I redeemed the New Media Solutions Set-top box a few months back, and I am currently experiencing some problems because the non-digital TV attached to the STB died this afternoon. I tried to hook it up to multiple 1440x900, 1600x900 and 1280x1024 PC monitors via HDMI but all of them could not receive the video signal. The monitors either does not display anything, displays "out of range" error messages or flashes purple in colour. Previously, I have toyed with the settings of the STB and came to know that the default resolution/format of the STB is 720i/1080i(I forgot which, but it is i), with options to switch to 720p/1080p manually. I am suspecting the monitors cannot receive i signals. Now that I have no TVs to check out the menu, I am attempting to do a blind settings change to other resolutions, in hoping for one of the monitors to 'pick up' the video signal somehow. I am hence requesting for pictures/screenshots of the settings menu (up till resolution change) so that I can hopefully use the monitor as a TV.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Just put your monitor beside a TV set. Set-top box RCA output to TV set and HDMI output to your monitor. Any settings u changed, the RCA (analogue) output on your TV will still be there. ;)

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cause the GUI sucks and it just a normal LED TV (not SMART TV) with DVB-T2 tuner. Poor in-built speaker also. :s13:

If the main objective is to watch DTV channels then smart TV feature is not needed mah! Also how to get smart TV at that kind of pricing?

redglue23

Reaction score
K2 DVB-T2 box = $20.90 - $2 Coupon - $5 Qoo10 points = $13.90

Public Announcement Service

K2 DVB-T2 box from SINHO now at $20.90 - $2 Coupon - $5 Qoo10 points = $13.90 inclusive of delivery.

Think this is the cheapest so far since 2016 till now.

https://www.qoo10.sg/g/490117401

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
Cause the GUI sucks and it just a normal LED TV (not SMART TV) with DVB-T2 tuner. Poor in-built speaker also. :s13:

Erm. Wat is GUI bro? N btw he gt it shipped from oversea, so don expect warranty rite at tis price? I knw export models r generally cheaper, but warranty ..........

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Erm. Price so cheap. But since it is bought oversea, how is the warranty? N btw hav u tested it out if can recev dtv?
If the main objective is to watch DTV channels then smart TV feature is not needed mah! Also how to get smart TV at that kind of pricing?

It claims have 1 year warranty wor. Actually I barely watch TV these days, more for my mum to watch the regular dose of tw and Korean soap drama... So long it works on the digital channels is good enough for us.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Public Announcement Service

K2 DVB-T2 box from SINHO now at $20.90 - $2 Coupon - $5 Qoo10 points = $13.90 inclusive of delivery.

Think this is the cheapest so far since 2016 till now.

https://www.qoo10.sg/g/490117401

This seller is reducing price now since it's only a few more months to go before the cut-over after which sales will drop.

Anyway, no clue if their new batch of K2 is the upgraded version which have issues. Also their service level drop, last time email got reply now totally bochup you.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This seller is reducing price now since it's only a few more months to go before the cut-over after which sales will drop.

Anyway, no clue if their new batch of K2 is the upgraded version which have issues. Also their service level drop, last time email got reply now totally bochup you.
Now is best time for seller to get more $$$.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

redglue23

Reaction score

The problematic K2 batch is the ones packaged in "BLUE" box, SINHO is selling the "ORANGE" box. The "BLUE" box got so many complaints on Qoo10, think Qoo10 already pulled them off the shelf already.

AVOID THE "BLUE" BOX DVB-T2 = Super high failure rate within 3 months

f76bda9d-63fc-4b18-83ed-25f9b4785b85.s_400-w-fs_s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.