HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Like Tree77Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2018, 04:15 PM   #541

Guys, sorry to ask my question here but tolong help me if you can.

After I give up my Starhub cable TV subscription (soon), can I continue to watch the free TV channels from the SH TV point or do I need to get technician to create new TV point for me?

Also, is it better to get new digital TV or just buy the set-top box/antenna? I dun watch TV much.

Kam sia!
Old 05-08-2018, 04:22 PM   #542
High Supremacy Member

After I give up my Starhub cable TV subscription (soon), can I continue to watch the free TV channels from the SH TV point or do I need to get technician to create new TV point for me?

Also, is it better to get new digital TV or just buy the set-top box/antenna? I dun watch TV much.

Kam sia!
If you cancel your StarHub TV subscription before Dec 2018, you can apply for the DTV Starter Kit at https://starterkit.digitaltv.sg/#apply, as you can't receive Mediacorp TV channels from the SH TV point after 2018.

The Starter Kit will entitle you to a free set top box and indoor antenna, or you can use it to buy a new TV for a $100 discount.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:53 PM   #543
Master Member

Kam sia!
no point to create tv point.

IMDA's dbv-t2 initiative is to do away all tv points.

If you stay in HDB flat, you can write to IMDA to ask for the $100 voucher after you terminated your starhub.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:51 PM   #544

Good news everyone! Seems like courts Clementi has replenished the STB stocks - both NMS and Draco. I gt a Draco STB 100$ - The STB is bundled with a funke250 antenna. Looks v nice n presentable. Antenna can b placed vertically n horizontally.

Hav tested the channels- stay clementi. Only can get local FTA channels. On off antenna power at settings seems no diff to me. Hav yet to test the recording function. Will either use my 1TB or get a new 5TB hdd for recording.

Any bro can highlight y i cant get msia channels? Search channels thru auto scan at settings.

does your funke antenna feel like theres a loose part inside mine feels that way? i cant receive any malaysia channels from upper bukit timah either. analogue still can get tv1 all these =\ now only all sg channel...
Old 05-08-2018, 07:00 PM   #545

If you cancel your StarHub TV subscription before Dec 2018, you can apply for the DTV Starter Kit at https://starterkit.digitaltv.sg/#apply, as you can't receive Mediacorp TV channels from the SH TV point after 2018.

The Starter Kit will entitle you to a free set top box and indoor antenna, or you can use it to buy a new TV for a $100 discount.
Hi Bro

Just to clarify:

Does this mean that I can use the SCV TV point (connect to my TV) to watch free channels even if I am no longer SH TV subscriber (ie before 1 Jan 2019)?

(I thought the SCV TV point is exclusive only to SH subscribers, and hence I may need to have a new TV point created for my use. Currently I am using the SCV TV point to watch cable TV).
Old 05-08-2018, 07:03 PM   #546

no point to create tv point.

IMDA's dbv-t2 initiative is to do away all tv points.

If you stay in HDB flat, you can write to IMDA to ask for the $100 voucher after you terminated your starhub.
Hi Bro

If move to digital and use the DTV starter kit, does this mean no need to connect TV to wall TV point anymore?
Old 05-08-2018, 07:39 PM   #547
High Supremacy Member

Hi Bro

Just to clarify:

Does this mean that I can use the SCV TV point (connect to my TV) to watch free channels even if I am no longer SH TV subscriber (ie before 1 Jan 2019)?

(I thought the SCV TV point is exclusive only to SH subscribers, and hence I may need to have a new TV point created for my use. Currently I am using the SCV TV point to watch cable TV).
Yes, you can still use the SCV TV point to watch free Mediacorp channels albeit analogue SD channels until 31st December 2018.

However, you may want to switch to digital TV after cancelling your StarHub TV subscription so you don't have to bother with the switch after the analogue TV shutdown after 2018.

When you switched to digital TV, you don't have to connect your TV to the SCV TV point.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:06 PM   #548
High Supremacy Member

In other words, come 1 Jan 2019, the SCV points no use for everyone already, right?
Old 05-08-2018, 08:17 PM   #549
High Supremacy Member

In other words, come 1 Jan 2019, the SCV points no use for everyone already, right?
It will still be useful for those still subscribing to StarHub cable TV, but StarHub is doing migration to fibre TV in the meantime as they will cease the cable network in 2020.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:59 AM   #550

does your funke antenna feel like theres a loose part inside mine feels that way? i cant receive any malaysia channels from upper bukit timah either. analogue still can get tv1 all these =\ now only all sg channel...
I jus try to shake my antenna (tat small flat rect thingy w the funke logo). No loose things inside lei.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:47 AM   #551
Supremacy Member

To all NMS STB owner, does your set have electrical leakage at the connector ends?
Old 06-08-2018, 12:07 PM   #552
Supremacy Member

Mine got loose part too
Old 07-08-2018, 02:30 AM   #553

Did u shake the funke antenna tget with the "clip" tat make the antenna stand? Mayb sound from the clip la. Try take out the clip.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:25 PM   #554

Is it possible to redeem set top box from the retailer on behalf of my dad by bringing his IC & redemption letter? Anyone done this before?
Old 07-08-2018, 02:40 PM   #555
High Supremacy Member

Is it possible to redeem set top box from the retailer on behalf of my dad by bringing his IC & redemption letter? Anyone done this before?
You have to fill up the authorisation form on the starter kit letter.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.