Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

petetherock

Reaction score
I just deleted some not relevant posts.
Let's stick to the technical discussions and play nice.
Thanks everyone.

petetherock

Reaction score
next time we don't need the wall connecting cable anymore?

Fully digital ready TV doesn't need antenna and DTB box right? As I saw someone simply scan and he has digital channels already without using DTB and antenna.

Whether your digital tuner is built in or not, you will still need the antenna. Please see the first few posts of this thread.

Grampa

Banned
Reaction score
Whether your digital tuner is built in or not, you will still need the antenna. Please see the first few posts of this thread.

Strange bought a tv from courts and straightaway bring home plug in cable point can watch HD Liao. No paid tv box at home too

petetherock

Reaction score
Strange bought a tv from courts and straightaway bring home plug in cable point can watch HD Liao. No paid tv box at home too

Congrats, either your cable is acting as an antenna and you are located in an area with great reception or your wall point is connected to an antenna which still works.

Grampa

Banned
Reaction score
Congrats, either your cable is acting as an antenna and you are located in an area with great reception or your wall point is connected to an antenna which still works.

Is it like super rare or impossible ? Was surprised it worked so easily

ZynoXII

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I recently purchased a digital antenna hoping to turn the TV in my room (which has no antenna ports), into one that is able to watch local channels. However, after plugging the antenna into my TV, and then trying to project the antenna to receive the best signal, I was not able to discover any Singapore channels.

I found out that I need a DVB-T2 setup box. However, my concern now is: if I get the setup box, will the signal issue be improved? This is the part where i'm confused. I do not want to purchase the setup box, and end up it's a signal issue.

Would appreciate if anyone could reply, thanks!

EDIT: And yes, my TV does not have a built-in DVB-T2 tuner.

Last edited:

mlwang

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I recently purchased a digital antenna hoping to turn the TV in my room (which has no antenna ports), into one that is able to watch local channels. However, after plugging the antenna into my TV, and then trying to project the antenna to receive the best signal, I was not able to discover any Singapore channels.

I found out that I need a DVB-T2 setup box. However, my concern now is: if I get the setup box, will the signal issue be improved? This is the part where i'm confused. I do not want to purchase the setup box, and end up it's a signal issue.

Would appreciate if anyone could reply, thanks!

EDIT: And yes, my TV does not have a built-in DVB-T2 tuner.

If your TV does not have a built in DVB T2, then you need a DVB T2 set top BOX

Your TV is not able to decode the DVB T2 without the built in tuner or set top box.

Just purchase a dvbt box and hook it up with the digital antenna and it should solve your problem.

HoGnix

Reaction score
Digital TV signal from DVB-T2 broadcast in air, need antenna.
But now Starhub still broadcast Digital TV signal DVB-C from SCV.

interesting, then how come so many people say die die need antenna

hyper_megaman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
interesting, then how come so many people say die die need antenna
are you sure yours is scv point? or fta antenna point?

very old hdbs have a shared fta antenna point.

my parents' house used to have an fta antenna point, which is simply a point which links to a huge antenna at the top of the hdb block. basically superb reception (even for analogue signals the pic was qiute clear) and it's pre-set up for u by when building the hdb block.

they removed it though like 10 years ago because they have starhub.

i imagine that antenna point would have been perfect for receiving even fta digital signals.

Grampa

Banned
Reaction score
Ohh. Very old hdb. Got scv and another don’t know what point.

are you sure yours is scv point? or fta antenna point?

very old hdbs have a shared fta antenna point.

my parents' house used to have an fta antenna point, which is simply a point which links to a huge antenna at the top of the hdb block. basically superb reception (even for analogue signals the pic was qiute clear) and it's pre-set up for u by when building the hdb block.

they removed it though like 10 years ago because they have starhub.

i imagine that antenna point would have been perfect for receiving even fta digital signals.

tt88

Reaction score
Just brought NewMedia Solution Set-Top Box. First day, already have problems. Totally cannot setup, cannot make it. Brought to Service Centre, realised was HDMI Cable and RCA cable were all faulty!
Also, the Active Antenna attached is the not same as it claims. It does not include the "USB Power Adapter" to boots Power Antenna! Which means, your received signal is not the best signal quality!

My advise, please avoid buying this brand!
Buy Draco brand Set-Top box instead.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just brought NewMedia Solution Set-Top Box. First day, already have problems. Totally cannot setup, cannot make it. Brought to Service Centre, realised was HDMI Cable and RCA cable were all faulty!
Also, the Active Antenna attached is the not same as it claims. It does not include the "USB Power Adapter" to boots Power Antenna! Which means, your received signal is not the best signal quality!

The provided antenna is an active one, but you have to turn on the Antenna Power option in the set top box.

Posted from PCWX using SONY SUMIRE

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Digital TV signal from DVB-T2 broadcast in air, need antenna.
But now Starhub still broadcast Digital TV signal DVB-C from SCV.

Scv still provide free fta channels on their stream??

I still got an ahem ahem box somewhere i could use then

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score

Seems lik tis company bringing tis NMS brand gt no qc chk on its products. They wana make a big n quick one on tis conversion project.
I redeems the DRACO fr Courts 2mths ago. No prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.