Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexter9898

Reaction score
I have already switched on this option in the set-top box. But I believed you are not familar how Active Antenna works. It has an additional item called "USB Power Adapter". This is to plug in to USB port and boost up the power of the Antenna to receive High Picture Quality!

Please google and see for yourself.

Do not use both the set-top box power and the usb power inserter at the same time. You will spoilt your box and antenna.

USB power inserter is meant for use on TV as the TV does not have the function to supply 5V through the RF coaxial point.

Watch this video on the set-top box setup by Mediacorp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvhxFpZjtB8

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On the contrary, when I connected my antenna into the USB device, then have one end attached to the TV box and the other to the TV, it solved the issues that I had faced earlier (Blank screen, muted sound, fuzzy image, flickering).

Not sure why though.

Either your TV/set top box doesn't have DC power to the antenna or you did not turn on.

The USB power inserter is used to supply power to the RF amp in the antenna.

If your tv/set top box can supply dc power to the antenna, do not use the usb power inserter.

Aizenhart

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you also enable antenna power in the STB?
Yes I did, I tried and tested it again today. When I unplugged the USB extension from the antenna, and only connected the antenna to the STB, the TV got fuzzy despite the 100% strength and intensity with antenna power switch on.

Aizenhart

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Either your TV/set top box doesn't have DC power to the antenna or you did not turn on.

The USB power inserter is used to supply power to the RF amp in the antenna.

If your tv/set top box can supply dc power to the antenna, do not use the usb power inserter.
It could be that either my box or the antenna is faulty.

My STB and antenna was working fine for roughly a month, till a week ago when the issues started.

Called up M1 customer support and spoke to the techician, he told me that many others complained about the same issues, and that the issues could be with mediacorp's signals. Just told me to continue monitoring the problem.

Last edited:

Aizenhart

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was thinking if the problem persist this week, is it possible to get them to change the entire box and antenna?

Has anyone requested an exchange for a brand new NMS stb?

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got this Draco HDT2-7700 at clementi COURTS.

Picture quality looks good. Fortunately the antenna i can place it behind the tv.

BlackWing1977

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My current setup is Samsung TV with DVBT2 inside.. so I connect my old decoder the
attenna to it.. and it works.. but it is not amplified or anything.. actually need or not ar?? Why that lady on Channel 8 news say better to get that.. then I search on Google about that.. they say most of the time that kind of amp is to reduce signal loss if your cable is extra long... like 50ft.... :s22:

https://www.rfvenue.com/blog/2014/12/15/active-v-passive-anntennas

Link is at above... in fact it says sometime if your cable is short.. and you use amp it might cause weird sound is it??

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
Was thinking if the problem persist this week, is it possible to get them to change the entire box and antenna?

Has anyone requested an exchange for a brand new NMS stb?

everything went well for me previously.

i went to change the antenna power from "off" to "on".

was adjusting the brightness/contrast, when the whole screen just blacked out.

sound can still be heard, subtitles can still be seen, but no image.

anyone experienced this?

if this problem isn't resolved, possible to do one-to-one exchange?

valentines

Reaction score
Just received the NMS set top box. 100% signal without any issues but the UI doesn't feel intuitive.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Both STB has their fair share of problems. Draco should be better as they was the first approved STB used for DTV. Also the bundle comes with Funke antenna.

If you're into recording TV then do take note that the recorded video are copy-protected, ie. can only be play on the box itself not on PC.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
everything went well for me previously.

i went to change the antenna power from "off" to "on".

was adjusting the brightness/contrast, when the whole screen just blacked out.

sound can still be heard, subtitles can still be seen, but no image.

anyone experienced this?

if this problem isn't resolved, possible to do one-to-one exchange?

Another lemon set? I tried with or without the antenna power using the provided antenna and it work without issue.

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
Another lemon set? I tried with or without the antenna power using the provided antenna and it work without issue.

i just bought it last saturday. it worked for me too at first.

then i was just adjusting the brightness/contrast when it just blacked out (only sound and subtitles remaining).

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just bought it last saturday. it worked for me too at first.

then i was just adjusting the brightness/contrast when it just blacked out (only sound and subtitles remaining).

My mistake, your is which brand/model?

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
My mistake, your is which brand/model?

it's the standard New Media Solutions one lor...sian. Now thinking about what to do.

Tried turning off and on but doesn't work. Even tried reconnecting all the wires. Now the screen is just black (with sounds/subtitles from whichever channel I am on).

The worst thing is when I press Menu, the screen remains black. Can't adjust anything at all.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's the standard New Media Solutions one lor...sian. Now thinking about what to do.

Tried turning off and on but doesn't work. Even tried reconnecting all the wires. Now the screen is just black (with sounds/subtitles from whichever channel I am on).

The worst thing is when I press Menu, the screen remains black. Can't adjust anything at all.

Is your TV still working properly? Able to see the TV menu using the TV controller?

Also try another HDMI cable.

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
Is your TV still working properly? Able to see the TV menu using the TV controller?

Also try another HDMI cable.

My TV itself is working. Can see its own menu and all.

I don't have other HDMI cables to try...

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My TV itself is working. Can see its own menu and all.

I don't have other HDMI cables to try...

Your TV got other HDMI port? If yes, swap to the port and try.

Can temporary connect using the RCA cable. If not cable issue then it's the STB itself that kaput.

Last edited:

kurt111494

Master Member
Reaction score
Your TV got other HDMI port? If yes, swap to the port and try.

Can temporary connect using the RCA cable. If not cable issue then it's the STB itself that kaput.

Dug up another HDMI cable to try.

Tried changing HDMI port.

Tried changing HDMI cable.

No change. Still black screen.

Weird thing is the STB still responds to Volume change (which is the only change i can detect now). As for changes to the image/video, I have no idea because the screen stays black.

Do I go back to the retailer where I bought? Or go to their warehouse to bang table?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dug up another HDMI cable to try.

Tried changing HDMI port.

Tried changing HDMI cable.

No change. Still black screen.

Weird thing is the STB still responds to Volume change (which is the only change i can detect now). As for changes to the image/video, I have no idea because the screen stays black.

Do I go back to the retailer where I bought? Or go to their warehouse to bang table?

Since your is retail unit need to call NMS whilst the redeem one can call M1 for assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.