HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Like Tree77Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2018, 07:10 AM   #616

If you are using K2 box, you can get the Huayu RM D1155+5 universal remote to control both K2 and TV. See my previous post #1122.

If you are using Draco box, I am unsure if Huayu one works.

I am using a Logitech Harmony 350 to control both K2 box and TV. Cheaper to buy from Amazon.com drop to around S$35 now. See my previous post #1001.

Last edited by honestguy; 14-08-2018 at 07:12 AM..
Old 14-08-2018, 08:23 AM   #617
Master Member

If you are using K2 box, you can get the Huayu RM D1155+5 universal remote to control both K2 and TV. See my previous post #1122.

If you are using Draco box, I am unsure if Huayu one works.

I am using a Logitech Harmony 350 to control both K2 box and TV. Cheaper to buy from Amazon.com drop to around S$35 now. See my previous post #1001.
one way is to get an IR-learning remote control. It can be configured to work with both TV and box. Price: $5-$10
Old 14-08-2018, 09:06 AM   #618
Supremacy Member

Sorry, repost.

You managed to solve this problem? I'm having the same problem too...Draco box. thx in advance.
Doesn't the Draco remote come with "spare" buttons to control the TV power on/off and volume level similar to the NMS STB?

The NMS remote auto-learn feature is so much better than the China one mentioned by honestguy, the former only need to "learn" once whilst the latter still unable to do so after numerous attempts!
Old 14-08-2018, 12:18 PM   #619

Good news everyone! Seems like courts Clementi has replenished the STB stocks - both NMS and Draco. I gt a Draco STB 100$ - The STB is bundled with a funke250 antenna. Looks v nice n presentable. Antenna can b placed vertically n horizontally.

Hav tested the channels- stay clementi. Only can get local FTA channels. On off antenna power at settings seems no diff to me. Hav yet to test the recording function. Will either use my 1TB or get a new 5TB hdd for recording.

Any bro can highlight y i cant get msia channels? Search channels thru auto scan at settings.
This set is better than the default option one they free delivery to you huh?

Wanna maximize my 100 voucher too
Old 14-08-2018, 12:33 PM   #620
High Supremacy Member

Doesn't the Draco remote come with "spare" buttons to control the TV power on/off and volume level similar to the NMS STB?

The NMS remote auto-learn feature is so much better than the China one mentioned by honestguy, the former only need to "learn" once whilst the latter still unable to do so after numerous attempts!
Draco remote should be this, doesn't have learning function like on the NMS remote:
Old 14-08-2018, 01:12 PM   #621
Supremacy Member

Draco remote should be this, doesn't have learning function like on the NMS remote:
Thanks.

Look like NMS STB win in this area.
Old 15-08-2018, 02:32 AM   #622

This set is better than the default option one they free delivery to you huh?

Wanna maximize my 100 voucher too
Is it better than NMS STB, I dono of course. Bcos i only redeem the Draco STB. 1 thing for sure is Draco do nor hav learning function lik NMS. But the antenna is really sleek n nice. No nd to paste lik the NMS one on the wall lik a dragonfly.

There r 2 more "issues" which i wrote in tis thread few days ago. Dono if its norm. Some bros say it is. Pls look thru it n decide. So far no prob with recording on my 1TB imation port hdd.
Old 15-08-2018, 10:41 AM   #623
Arch-Supremacy Member

i encountered occasional to frequent signal "jammed" for a second then it resumes normal. Is this phenomenon normal of DTV?
Old 15-08-2018, 10:56 AM   #624

i encountered occasional to frequent signal "jammed" for a second then it resumes normal. Is this phenomenon normal of DTV?
Signal reception probably unstable use tv signal strength n quality indicators 2 move antenna 2 a spot wif better reception.
Old 15-08-2018, 11:24 AM   #625
Master Member

If the signal quality is at the borderline level, you will face this problem.

You can go to the signal level page to double confirm it.

Move the antenna to a better location will solve the problem, use your TV/Box's signal level indicator to help finding better location for your antenna.
Old 16-08-2018, 03:33 PM   #626

Just a heads up wrt the $1.98 antenna from Lazada.
All I can say is, it works! Don't have to spend too much on other antennas.
Tuning simple and fast and pics HD quality.
BTW I'm staying in Sengkang, Rivervale area, not sure if location matters though
Old 16-08-2018, 03:45 PM   #627
tk
Supremacy Member

Just a heads up wrt the $1.98 antenna from Lazada.
All I can say is, it works! Don't have to spend too much on other antennas.
Tuning simple and fast and pics HD quality.
BTW I'm staying in Sengkang, Rivervale area, not sure if location matters though
got link for the $1.98 antenna?
Old 16-08-2018, 03:53 PM   #628

Understand that Mediacorp channel audio 1 track is 5.1 sound (think is HE AAC format). Anybody manage to get 5.1 sound if it is feed to a AVR receiver?
Old 16-08-2018, 04:06 PM   #629

i opted for the free set & installation for my house.
the guy only install the white antenna and tell me the box is not needed.
However, I can't watch some channels smoothly most of the time as there will be frequent few seconds where the image & sound stop. Is this normal? What can I do to improve it?
Old 16-08-2018, 05:18 PM   #630

i opted for the free set & installation for my house.
the guy only install the white antenna and tell me the box is not needed.
However, I can't watch some channels smoothly most of the time as there will be frequent few seconds where the image & sound stop. Is this normal? What can I do to improve it?
A) repos yr antenna. Find the best locatn. Or
B) wired up the STB s well w antenna. I m sure it is still w u even though the technician say no nd. OR
C) swap another HDMI cable or HDMI port. Could b causes.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.