Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought one a few days ago and it's working fine. It has the same remote as Draco....and I know bec I've the Draco set as well. Didn't buy their active attenna as I can use my HDB central attenna.

Nor did I get the wifi adapter. The box is half the size of NMS/Draco. It has the same features as both brands. It cost less than 1/2 the price. It doesn't heat up until u cannot touch........just warm to the touch after a few hours of viewing.

I'm happy with my purchase. Caveat Emptor.......one man's meat may be poison to the other :D. Just stating my personal experience with it. Still some way to go before I know the reliability of the set. For me, didn't want to spend too much money as the box will become useless when the day comes tat I need to change my TV.

I bought one for my friend.

I paid $23, so the price is not 1/2 as what you said, in fact, it is more expensive than k2/k3.

It can do the job, good picture, and less heat produced compared to k2/k3. It is just a little bit warm after a few hours of operations.

It has DC power at the antenna connector, so I don't have to use usb power inserter to power up the active antenna.

I bought the wifi dongle too, with the dongle, it can receive youtube and 60 overseas channels from hk, tw, china, usa, france and a few other countries.

The size is very small, about one and half credit card size.

Overall impression is good, but have to wait for a few months to check the reliability.

It seems like the seller is quite confident about its products, he charges 0.99 for one year warranty.

Last edited:

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I paid $23, so the price is not 1/2 as what you said, in fact, it is more expensive than k2/k3.

It can do the job, good picture, and less heat produced compared to k2/k3. It is just a little bit warm after a few hours of operations.

It has DC power at the antenna connector, so I don't have to use usb power inserter to power up the active antenna.

I bought the wifi dongle too, what the dongle, it can receive youtube and 60 overseas channels from hk, tw, china, usa, france and a few other countries.

Overall impression is good, but have to wait for a few months to check the reliability.

It seems like the seller is quite confident about its products, he charges 0.99 for one year warranty.

Got link for it?

Posted from PCWX using 怨怨相报何时了, 报了便了

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I heard got some houses totally cannot receive DTV signals at all even when they put the antenna outside their windows. Since they switched earlier, Mediacorp is looking into their problem right now.

Imagine u switch on 1st Jan 2019. Good luck if your house cannot receive. Don't complain if a few months no FTA TV to watch. :s22:

I oso can say I heard u like to eat sheet but is it true? Please produce proof of ur claim. And if wat u say is indeed true, wouldn't Mediacorp have alr informed the public about this so that they won't end up encountering a situation like wat u have described? :s8:

Streetwise

Reaction score

Sorry if I gave u the impression I was comparing to K2/3; I was referring to NMS/Draco box which cost $100 and I bought 1 year warranty :D.

Last edited:

weeza77

Reaction score

I bought the wifi dongle too, with the dongle, it can receive youtube and 60 overseas channels from hk, tw, china, usa, france and a few other countries.

The box comes with free 7days trial "Mavis TV" which got me thinking if they can load to something we like eg... HDTV, Huat TV, Myiptv. Then this will be THE box to have for me rather than having to switch to between my Android box.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To all Ukobox owner, can the Web-TV app still be launched without attaching the wifi adapter? And can other wifi adapter work on this STB?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To all Ukobox owner, can the Web-TV app still be launched without attaching the wifi adapter? And can other wifi adapter work on this STB?

WebTV needs internet for it to work.

I tried 5 of my old dongles, all cannot work. Only the one from the seller works.

I will try to find out the chipset used, hopefully the rest can get it for less than $5.

The OKObox is selling it for $15, I think it is grossly overpriced.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I tried 5 of my old dongles, all cannot work. Only the one from the seller works.

I will try to find out the chipset used, hopefully the rest can get it for less than $5.

Of course it require Internet to work but does the Web-TV app able to run even without the adapter? Reason for asking is to confirm there is no 2 version of Ukobox box with different firmware.

Compared to other STB without Web-TV and Youtube access, the pricing IMO is reasonable. The additional cost is basically paying for the additional services/feature that comes with the STB.

DarkAzure

Reaction score
Anyone staying at low levels like 3rd floor, is the Funke DSC550 good enough or should I get the DSC560 instead? Antenna will be placed near window. Malaysia channels doesn't matter to me.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone staying at low levels like 3rd floor, is the Funke DSC550 good enough or should I get the DSC560 instead? Antenna will be placed near window. Malaysia channels doesn't matter to me.

I can receive in 2nd floor with passive $2 antenna.

The new dvb-t2 transmission system is different from the old system where only one transmitter at b.batok is doing the job.

There are many nano transmitters in hdb estate, if you are near one of them, low floor can receive very well with passive antenna. If you are further away, you may need active antenna even at high floor.

May be what you need is $2 antenna. Borrow or buy one to try before spending $50-60 for active antenna

DarkAzure

Reaction score
I can receive in 2nd floor with passive $2 antenna.

The new dvb-t2 transmission system is different from the old system where only one transmitter at b.batok is doing the job.

There are many nano transmitters in hdb estate, if you are near one of them, low floor can receive very well with passive antenna. If you are further away, you may need active antenna even at high floor.

May be what you need is $2 antenna. Borrow or buy one to try before spending $50-60 for active antenna
Hmm.. ok thanks. I still have the redemption letter thats why. Actually prefer passive antennas as well, not so messy.

weeza77

Reaction score

Pmed you.....

jeaimentvous

Reaction score
I stay Bukit Batok 2nd floor, antenna signal show 100% but the image keep stuttering, like buffering or lagging. Is it an issue with my TV? Past 3 weeks was working fine though..

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I stay Bukit Batok 2nd floor, antenna signal show 100% but the image keep stuttering, like buffering or lagging. Is it an issue with my TV? Past 3 weeks was working fine though..

signal quality reading is more important.

if you are using active antenna, you can get always get 100% signal strength but may not have picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.