HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Like Tree93Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2018, 10:36 PM   #1066
Supremacy Member

not dangerous coz the cashier will match your IC details against the letter details.
he can fill in the authorization form with his name and ic no, and sign for you (the cashier will not know whether it is your signature).
Old 04-10-2018, 08:24 AM   #1067
Arch-Supremacy Member

you can do this too:

1. connect your old antenna to your tv for receiving malaysia
2. connect your dvb antenna to the dvb set top box.

don't have to use antenna splitter/combiner.
Malaysia channels in analogue and local in digital.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:16 AM   #1068
nWo

I was at Best Denki and came across the NMS Callie antenna.

Anyone tried it before? Is it as good as the Funke DSC550 or 560?

Hope to hear some reviews of it.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:00 PM   #1069

he can fill in the authorization form with his name and ic no, and sign for you (the cashier will not know whether it is your signature).

When I last redeemed for my dad with the authorization form, the cashier still ask for my dad ic beside my ic. Luckily I got bring my dad ic, thought don't need.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:14 PM   #1070
Supremacy Member

When I last redeemed for my dad with the authorization form, the cashier still ask for my dad ic beside my ic. Luckily I got bring my dad ic, thought don't need.
actually I am just joking, if the person used his own ic to claim, it is tracable, if he is using a stolen ic, it is tracable too. There are cctv at the cashier point, not worth to do it.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:17 PM   #1071

My in law their Newmedia dvbt2 model remote control Not working after just one week using, anyone has idea where can get replacement remote control? Roughly how much?
Called newmedia line forever cannot get through

Last edited by mengsan; 05-10-2018 at 08:22 PM..
Old 05-10-2018, 09:34 PM   #1072

My in law their Newmedia dvbt2 model remote control Not working after just one week using, anyone has idea where can get replacement remote control? Roughly how much?
Called newmedia line forever cannot get through
Str8 go to their service centre la. No pt call hotline. Its nt those credit card bank or telco service ma.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:30 PM   #1073

Hi Bros and Sis!

Understand that the free digital antenna is given free to those living in condo.

Those living in condo confirm cannot get it? Helping my uncle to ask as he have not receive the letter yet lei.

If really cannot get free from govt, means have to buy antenna?

TIA!
Old 06-10-2018, 10:28 PM   #1074

Hi Bros and Sis!

Understand that the free digital antenna is given free to those living in condo.

Those living in condo confirm cannot get it? Helping my uncle to ask as he have not receive the letter yet lei.

If really cannot get free from govt, means have to buy antenna?

TIA!
You are eligible for a DTV Starter Kit* if you meet the following criteria:

1. Household with at least one Singapore Citizen living in HDB flat;

2. No Singtel or StarHub pay TV service; and

3. Your household had not received IMDAs Digital TV Assistance Scheme package.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:11 AM   #1075

Gd day, can someone pls give me some solutions. Recently just setup my free STB and antenna, i noticed it not able to receive those FTA channels bcos my TV is mounted on a featured wall which was about 3M away from my window. Even with e amplification enable, I still can't receive these channel. If I fully extend(default length) the receiver across e room towards my window, signal strength improve to 65%. From e spec of the default receiver, it claims to have a gain of 36dB(up to), if I purchase a better receiver (with high gain value) will this solve my reception problem? Anyone encountered similar issue n overcomes it, pls help me out.

Now, i have no choice but to revert to analogy screening. Hope some seniors here can give some advise on e good reliable receivers, I hope there r other solutions that routing a long receiver cable around my bedroomto my window. Look really awful.

Any form of assistance will be appreciated. Tks
Old 07-10-2018, 10:00 PM   #1076
Banned

Need help to get English subtitles working for my mum who has hearing problems for channel u . Thanks for the help
Old 07-10-2018, 11:03 PM   #1077

Need help to get English subtitles working for my mum who has hearing problems for channel u . Thanks for the help
Subtitles for Ch U is only available on program no. 9. There are 2 Ch U...look for the one with (HD) on no. 9
Old 08-10-2018, 08:51 AM   #1078

Gd day, can someone pls give me some solutions. Recently just setup my free STB and antenna, i noticed it not able to receive those FTA channels bcos my TV is mounted on a featured wall which was about 3M away from my window. Even with e amplification enable, I still can't receive these channel. If I fully extend(default length) the receiver across e room towards my window, signal strength improve to 65%. From e spec of the default receiver, it claims to have a gain of 36dB(up to), if I purchase a better receiver (with high gain value) will this solve my reception problem? Anyone encountered similar issue n overcomes it, pls help me out.

Now, i have no choice but to revert to analogy screening. Hope some seniors here can give some advise on e good reliable receivers, I hope there r other solutions that routing a long receiver cable around my bedroomto my window. Look really awful.

Any form of assistance will be appreciated. Tks
What's your signal quality level? You using NewMedia Solutions or Draco set-top box
Old 08-10-2018, 10:26 AM   #1079
Arch-Supremacy Member

any 1 knows where to buy another newmedia sol. remote controler? cuz my kid dropped it n spoiled.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #1080
Great Supremacy Member

any 1 knows where to buy another newmedia sol. remote controler? cuz my kid dropped it n spoiled.
Think have to go Newmedia office and buy from there.

Posted from PCWX using SONY SUMIRE
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.